This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that people badly read me sometimes. generally it is people in authority,or at times people that "Think" they have some sort of authority over me. I, because of where I grew up,have a completely different set of rules concerning how the world works. I do follow convention generally when it helps keep people off my turf,but I have been known to fall into a much wilder set of rules when these people poke or push on me. It amazes me at times that some people believe a title(Supervisor,Manager,etc) somehow is a kind of armor against everything,and are surprised when after poking on someone to much get themselves bit very hard . I am not a hard ass,normally a very laid back person unless provoked by someone that does not see the "Beware of dragons beyond this point" signs......Nuff said...back to my laid back self.....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I confess, that I have absolutely no idea how to use my talents after army.... And when I should leave Israel. As concerning the second one, the answer would be - when I am ready enough economically...
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I've been in this major funk lately, and don't know what to do to get myself out of it. I've been simply going through the motions at work, doing just enough to get through the day without doing so little as to have the bosses take notice, I can't seem to be bothered doing much of anything at home other than stare at the tv even though I think of tons of fun things to do or things that need to get done.

Everything just seems pretty grey, and I'm feeling really down on myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          I've been in this major funk lately, and don't know what to do to get myself out of it. I've been simply going through the motions at work, doing just enough to get through the day without doing so little as to have the bosses take notice, I can't seem to be bothered doing much of anything at home other than stare at the tv even though I think of tons of fun things to do or things that need to get done.

Everything just seems pretty grey, and I'm feeling really down on myself.
          I relate. I do this. But in a school. So far I'm getting away with it, but I hate it. Ansolutely hate it. Perhaps we could work together lol
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            I relate. I do this. But in a school. So far I'm getting away with it, but I hate it. Ansolutely hate it. Perhaps we could work together lol
            I think my way of handling it, at least today, is with a long nap after work and maybe a bottle of red wine in the evening.

Comment

I confess getting this promotion and just getting the hours I needed is helping me out of my funk of a depression. Money can bring you happiness.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I confess getting this promotion and just getting the hours I needed is helping me out of my funk of a depression. Money can bring you happiness.
                (The bold italics are mine.)

Thoroughly agree with this statement. More money would mean being able to pay off my debt, put money into savings, pay my bills without worrying about having enough money for groceries and other household necessities, and not having to worry about being able to afford being on my own if something happened to my mom. That would reduce much, much stress in my life. Which would help me relax more. Which would make me happier. So, yes, money can bring (and buy) happiness.

Comment

I confess that I hate money. And need it, but hate it because of the greed and the feeling of entitlement people around me seem to have regarding it and particular lifestyles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    I confess that I hate money. And need it, but hate it because of the greed and the feeling of entitlement people around me seem to have regarding it and particular lifestyles.
                    You don't hate money silly. You hate entitled greedy bastards. There's a difference!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm a fan of the saying,

"Money can't buy happiness, it can rent it though." (almost certainly paraphrased but the idea is there)
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Money is not sufficient for happiness, but it lays a nice foundation for you to pursue happiness.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

I think my way of handling it, at least today, is with a long nap after work and maybe a bottle of red wine in the evening.
                          Yeah I used to do that, till I started getting grog the moment I got home and getting drunk to forget lol...

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

And I gotta agree... when I have money, I can buy new gym clothes, then I go to the gym and I get happy and healthy. New clothes motivate me to do this. Where did the new clothes come from...?

Just one example.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I forgot Remembrance Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                                I forgot Remembrance Day.
                                School wont let me forget

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment