This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Every night one of my fb friends post some conspiracy theory and spreads it like vd. A lot of my fb folks are very nice and fun and smart.

Until they are not.

It's so sad. So so sad. Tonight it was my hipster natural guy friend posting about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.

I'm not even hiding this because they deserve to be outed.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Dihydrogen monoxide:[8]
      • is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
      • contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
      • may cause severe burns.
      • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
      • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
      • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
      • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:
      • as an industrial solvent and coolant.
      • in nuclear power plants.
      • in the production of styrofoam.
      • as a fire retardant.
      • in many forms of cruel animal research.
      • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
      • as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Every night one of my fb friends post some conspiracy theory and spreads it like vd. A lot of my fb folks are very nice and fun and smart.

Until they are not.

It's so sad. So so sad. Tonight it was my hipster natural guy friend posting about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide.

Problem with conspiracy nuts is they never research anything because they won't believe what they find anyway. I can't imagine how a person breaks out from the cycle of incredulity.
        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
        But that day you know I left my money
        And I thought of you only
        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

I do this occasionally to be funny and ironic about the very real dangers of chemophobia and scientific illiteracy...and to see how stupid people can be.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magusphredde View Post
            Dihydrogen monoxide:[8]

[*]is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.[*]contributes to the "greenhouse effect".[*]may cause severe burns.[*]contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.[*]accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.[*]may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.[*]has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

[*]as an industrial solvent and coolant.[*]in nuclear power plants.[*]in the production of styrofoam.[*]as a fire retardant.[*]in many forms of cruel animal research.[*]in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.[*]as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
            Also known as "water".
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

W. C. Fields it seems was an early enemy of this dangerous liquid..
              Quote.
              Thou shalt not kill anything less than a fifth.

Was he on to something??
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

He tried to play it off. But we know. We know!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  W. C. Fields it seems was an early enemy of this dangerous liquid..
                  Quote.
                  Thou shalt not kill anything less than a fifth.

Was he on to something??
                  Anything less than a fifth? Eh? Am I missing something here?

- - - Updated - - -

He tried to play it off. But we know. We know!
                  Is he aware of that dangerous drug Cake which was such an issue as to be brought to Parliament? Thank you, Brass Eye, for your journalistic integrity in bringing this issue to our attention.
                  Last edited by Briton; 25 Oct 2015, 14:23.
                  I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                  Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                  But that day you know I left my money
                  And I thought of you only
                  All that copper glowing fine

Comment

A fifth..American for a bottle of Booze
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I confess I enjoy spending other peoples money for them. I write my grocery list for my personal chef gig, I get $200 a week I buy what I need for it and leave the change. I almost wish I had $800 to spend on groceries for just KP and I.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        I confess I enjoy spending other peoples money for them. I write my grocery list for my personal chef gig, I get $200 a week I buy what I need for it and leave the change. I almost wish I had $800 to spend on groceries for just KP and I.
                        Oh I know that feeling. I get to shop at our online Staples for business weekly. I'm very well familiar with all the medium ball point clicky pens and the lavender highlighters. And oh the pink stuff you dip your thumb so the bills slide easier. Omg. I love that stuff. Every week I sit and shop.

Comment

Oh I know that feeling. I get to shop at our online Staples for business weekly. I'm very well familiar with all the medium ball point clicky pens and the lavender highlighters. And oh the pink stuff you dip your thumb so the bills slide easier. Omg. I love that stuff. Every week I sit and shop.
                          I still shop as conservatively as I would if it was my money except I am to buy organic whenever I can. Do you know how much more expensive organic canned tomato sauce is?? And let's be honest what is the point of organic powdered sugar?? So I shop cheap when I can get away with it cause I like a good deal and the rest of the time remind myself it's what I was told to buy...
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I think the alarm went off 7am... Now it's 10:17. And I'm still here.
                            If anyone has an extra portion of self-discipline please send it my way.
                            baah.

Comment

I think the alarm went off 7am... Now it's 10:17. And I'm still here.
                              If anyone has an extra portion of self-discipline please send it my way.
                              I have the same problem XD expecially on off days. So I always put my alarm at the other side of the room That way I have to get out of bed to put it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrudr View Post
                                I have the same problem XD expecially on off days. So I always put my alarm at the other side of the room That way I have to get out of bed to put it off.
                                I did that as well... only to run quick back to the bed after I'd silenced it.

On the other hand I don't really have anything to do if I wake up early (I've tried to wake up at 5am because that matched my previous daily routines but oh the holy marmot I just can't anymore). A couple of extra hours at the computer are not probably something to get up for. (Especially when I can browse everything on phone...)
                                I never wanted to be like this, I always loathed that wallowing in bed thing, being on smartphone 24/7, that stuff "Tumblr users lacking self-discipline" did.... but then it happened to me! (at least I'm still not a Tumblr user. )
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X