X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Not at all understanding this expression "Mouth breathers" like talking about neanderthals or something. People breath through their mouths when their noses are clogged up from a cold. Pet peeve kinda when people use this expression to dump on people.
    I think it implies a sort of slack-jawed, glazed eyed, noisy, mouth breather. As in someone who isn't polite about mouth breathing. But I also wonder if it doesn't have a connotation of someone who is disabled. Reduced muscle control does not actually mean that someone lacks intelligence, but there is a common assumption that it does. My husband has some paralysis. A surprising number of people assume his brain does also.

Comment

That is what I meant,it seems kind of derogatory in its use.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yeah, I don't use it either. But I assume most people haven't thought about that connection.

Comment

So one of our IT guys is an actual literal 'mouth breather'.
          When you call him he sounds like he's jabba the hut. And he's just swallowing the phone while he breathes heavy whilst pressing a button.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm mouth breaher too.

But, I literally can't breathe through my nose.

Comment

Just noticed I skipped the "a" in that first sentence.

Definitely helps my mouth breather cred.

Comment

and a T

Comment

Oh lawd.

Maybe I shouldn't post at two in the morning.

Comment

I confess that I overuse highlighters when I get stressed.
                    ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

It refers to the obnoxious people who are mouth breathers, not mouth breathers in general, but it's kinda like describing someone as "a bit black" if they look shifty, because some black kids are car jackers. Thought in that light, the term mouth breathers is pretty awful.
                      I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                      Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                      But that day you know I left my money
                      And I thought of you only
                      All that copper glowing fine

Comment

I could sit here and eat a whole bag of potato chips and not think twice about it... I also am a mouth breather. My adenoids are too small so I am unable to get proper amounts of air through my nose but I do believe Habbs has another form of person in mind for the description.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I confess that I have been very absent in these parts for the past months. However, I have a good reason for it: I'm back in college, and when I'm involved with school, I don't feel like doing much else with myself. And, I have an interview for a new job today, so I have a busy summer ahead of me. Regardless, I'd like to spend more time here again. PF is still my Internet home.
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

I accidentally left work with a $20 bill in my work shirt. I was getting change for one of the cashiers and forgot all about it. Oopies.

Thankfully Chris is fronting the money to the safe and i'll pay him on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                              I confess that I have been very absent in these parts for the past months. However, I have a good reason for it: I'm back in college, and when I'm involved with school, I don't feel like doing much else with myself. And, I have an interview for a new job today, so I have a busy summer ahead of me. Regardless, I'd like to spend more time here again. PF is still my Internet home.
                              Good to see you!
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

I can't sleep, my calf has a cramp, and I'm trying to browse the forums without waking the human up.

And I confess I'm looking to read a good pagan book, but can't come up with anything.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X