This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess I am not in love, I am in need.
    Circe

Comment

I feel you there shadow1982

----

I confess I want to snatch away my crush and friend for a long time now already, but she always seems to find waay more good looking guy.

<friendzonedforever>
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
        I confess that as each one of my friends settles down I feel both happy and sad. Happy that they have found love but sad that it's not me, it's never me!
        its still not all rainbows and butterflies though... know whats worse? when you realize "forever" has a 5 year shelf life, and by the time its over all your friends have moved on. I miss my friends from back when i was just enjoying life, staying out late, partying, etc.... i need the old days back. cause now i feel like i got set back and im trying to hard to find someone, and i know im in no condition to fall into a serious relationship. I need my old friends back
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Originally posted by Dufonce View Post
          its still not all rainbows and butterflies though... know whats worse? when you realize "forever" has a 5 year shelf life, and by the time its over all your friends have moved on. I miss my friends from back when i was just enjoying life, staying out late, partying, etc.... i need the old days back. cause now i feel like i got set back and im trying to hard to find someone, and i know im in no condition to fall into a serious relationship. I need my old friends back
          Nothing *ever* goes back to the way it was before. Not only that, it sounds like you're romanticizing it quite a bit. Even if you are bitter that your relationship didn't work out, you might want to reconsider becoming one of those creepy late-20's, early-30's guys who's still trying to go to keggers and hit on freshmen coeds. It's generally unbecoming.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
            Nothing *ever* goes back to the way it was before. Not only that, it sounds like you're romanticizing it quite a bit. Even if you are bitter that your relationship didn't work out, you might want to reconsider becoming one of those creepy late-20's, early-30's guys who's still trying to go to keggers and hit on freshmen coeds. It's generally unbecoming.
            Yeah. Wait until you hit 50, then the freshmen ladies think you're a cute, harmles old geezer, and feed you beers.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
              I confess that as each one of my friends settles down I feel both happy and sad. Happy that they have found love but sad that it's not me, it's never me!
              I feel exactly the same way.

Comment

lol no, im not saying go back to that age group, im saying i wish i still had those old friends to go out with. the friends i have now, the most we do is hang out at someones house. hard to get out and meet people when nobody wants to get out.
                "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Originally posted by Dufonce View Post
                  lol no, im not saying go back to that age group, im saying i wish i still had those old friends to go out with. the friends i have now, the most we do is hang out at someones house. hard to get out and meet people when nobody wants to get out.
                  Unfortunately people do get different interests when they get older. In Europe people go out more but not really to 'meet people'...most people just go to the same pub where they know everyone to get a drink after work or to a restaurant to go eat with their significant other or friends. That's actually one of the challenging parts about being single in your late 20s/early 30s. Most of your socializing happens with people you already know.

Comment

Think about getting a hobby, Dufonce. Something that you've always wanted to do, and will throw you into different social circles.

For example, if someone says they want to find a boyfriend/girlfriend who likes fine art, opera, etc, but they themselves hang out in pubs? If you want the sort of girl who hangs out in clubs, that's fine, but it sounds like what you want may have changed over the years. If you're wanting something different, you need to go where that type of girl will be, and educate yourself about things they'll find appealing. Clubs and bars are generally the bottom of the barrel, and people will be most likely to judge you simply on appearance, with no desire to have anything real.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Think about getting a hobby, Dufonce. Something that you've always wanted to do, and will throw you into different social circles.

For example, if someone says they want to find a boyfriend/girlfriend who likes fine art, opera, etc, but they themselves hang out in pubs? If you want the sort of girl who hangs out in clubs, that's fine, but it sounds like what you want may have changed over the years. If you're wanting something different, you need to go where that type of girl will be, and educate yourself about things they'll find appealing. Clubs and bars are generally the bottom of the barrel, and people will be most likely to judge you simply on appearance, with no desire to have anything real.
                      Exactly.

And you're a guy...you probably wont have the issue I do with that, which is that your interests are very 'girly/gay'

EDIT meaning that if your interests ARE in that direction, you'll likely be the 'straight guy' and girls will love that.
                      Last edited by DanieMarie; 30 Jan 2012, 08:50.

Comment

Times change and if you don't change with them, shit will get weird/difficult.

On topic: I confess, I feel pretty good today!
                        In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

I confess that after years I still think about the what if's dealing with the past.

Comment

I confess I want to have a crush on a fellow employee because he's Arab and looks alot like Hassan. But he's just not him.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I confess that I feel as if I'm reading about myself in this article (at least the overweight part):

When Julia Kozerski saw a camera, she would duck and dodge out of the way. She’d hide behind other people or offer to take the picture to avoid being photographed.

Very recently (like past couple of weeks recent) I had this woman beat on heaviest weight. It is definitely not something I'm proud of and it is something that I am currently in the process of resolving. What I need to lose is even more than what she lost. It is going to be a long, difficult journey, but the ending destination will be well worth it.

Comment

I confess I've been thinking about giving up Facebook. Again.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X