This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess that, as a pocket knife lover, I decided that it was high time I owned a world-famous Opinel No 8.

It is beautiful. There is no doubt why it has won many design awards. But it is a flimsy piece of shit that I would NEVER even consider trying to use, for fear of it breaking in my hand. No tang, whatsoever... just a blade pinned into a wooden handle. I must admit that the locking mechanism is rather ingenious, but I can't believe that this is a design that has survived for more than a century without changing... This is the very same knife that Picasso used in his sculptures...

I confess that I am disappointed.

I rarely buy a knife to display on a shelf rather than carry... I confess that this is one.

Give me a Case, Boker or Moore Maker, any day... American (or German, in the case of Boker) handmade utility over French handmade beauty for this redneck.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
      I confess that, as a pocket knife lover, I decided that it was high time I owned a world-famous Opinel No 8.

It is beautiful. There is no doubt why it has won many design awards. But it is a flimsy piece of shit that I would NEVER even consider trying to use, for fear of it breaking in my hand. No tang, whatsoever... just a blade pinned into a wooden handle. I must admit that the locking mechanism is rather ingenious, but I can't believe that this is a design that has survived for more than a century without changing... This is the very same knife that Picasso used in his sculptures...

I confess that I am disappointed.

I rarely buy a knife to display on a shelf rather than carry... I confess that this is one.

Give me a Case, Boker or Moore Maker, any day... American (or German, in the case of Boker) handmade utility over French handmade beauty for this redneck.
      I confess that I have one of these in my pocket as I type this.

I also confess that I'm glad you're back.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        I confess that I have one of these in my pocket as I type this.
        which? Opinel, Case, Boker, or Moore Maker?

Comment

I myself have an Uncle henrys bear paw by Shrade that I am never without,have had this knife for over 35 years.

I have read though that they sold out to an overseas company,so I may never see anything like this knife again as far as quality.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I myself have an Uncle henrys bear paw by Shrade that I am never without,have had this knife for over 35 years.

I have read though that they sold out to an overseas company,so I may never see anything like this knife again as far as quality.
            yeah, it makes me sad that Shrade isn't the company that they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
              Hehe, you are lucky you aren't hanging out with me. I'd be all like, Assalamu 'Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh!

Be thankful "Merry Meet" is just two words!
              Walaikumsalam!

Also where are you? You're not here often (neither am I, but you seemed to be here more before). I confess I am worried
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I confess that I haven't been participating here much, lately, owing to finishing up research and then scrambling to get my stuff packed up before heading back home for a few weeks. xP

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                  Walaikumsalam!

Also where are you? You're not here often (neither am I, but you seemed to be here more before). I confess I am worried
                  I'm still here. I'm just in the corner. Watching. From the dark.
                  [4:82]

Comment

I confess, I am not looking forward to dinner w/the in-laws on Wednesday.

Originally posted by singhabhishek251
                    Do you guys really think that confession makes life easy or it helps get rid of some burden from the heart? I am not sure about this as I think that if you have done something wrong, then it is always wrong whether you confess or not.
                    In the context of the forum, it's more fun n' games than it is serious. Some people may make serious confessions, but if you read through it, you'll see most of our confessions are random.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I confess that I once thought hate was a fiery and passionate emotion filled with wrath and very 'heat-of-the-moment' thing. Now I think I've always confused hate with rage. Hate is a cold and icy thing that lingers and fills you to the brim with loathing.
                      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                        I confess that I once thought hate was a fiery and passionate emotion filled with wrath and very 'heat-of-the-moment' thing. Now I think I've always confused hate with rage. Hate is a cold and icy thing that lingers and fills you to the brim with loathing.
                        reminds me of Robert Frost
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          reminds me of Robert Frost
                          Frost was a wise man and a great poet. I only know this poem because Meyer put it in the preface for one of the twilight books. Which is a shame since it's better than the whole series.
                          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                            I'm still here. I'm just in the corner. Watching. From the dark.
                            Phew. You're very quiet, so am I, but you're in Egypt, and atm Egypt sucks.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              Phew. You're very quiet, so am I, but you're in Egypt, and atm Egypt sucks.
                              I'm OK, nothing to worry about!

[4:82]

Comment

Nice to know <3

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment