Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    How many you got going on there Simpson?
    well, I'll be damned. 10!
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

How many you got going on there Simpson?
      I know, you weren't asking me but... I have six. Plus 2 pinkies and 2 thumbs.

/smartass

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Dozenal is SO much better than decimal, I mean look how awesome telling time will be: http://dozenal.ae-web.ca/
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

off topic:

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
          Where the tongue goes, the soul is sure to follow.
          I can't help it, but that sentence makes me think of the question Nicodemus asked Jesus in John 3:5, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" [KJV]
          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            Dozenal is SO much better than decimal, I mean look how awesome telling time will be: http://dozenal.ae-web.ca/
            Yikes. That made my brain hurt.

Also, quick note: I cannot believe this thread is 22 pages long.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
              I can't help it, but that sentence makes me think of the question Nicodemus asked Jesus in John 3:5, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" [KJV]
              Was that supposed to be as filthy as it sounds?
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Was that supposed to be as filthy as it sounds?
                Well, it's from the Bible...so probably. That thing's got more smut than 50 Shades of Twilight Fan Fiction.

Comment

I HATE all the people who will ruin the holidays with how offended they are going to get when someone says Merry Christmas.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I still don't get the relationship between women empowerment and showing their skin.

Strength should be proportionate to the ability of their minds, not the square area of skin they are showing.
                    [4:82]

Comment

I would say that that has to do with the woman being in charge of her body, sexuality, choices, and thoughts. For the longest time women were (and in some places still are) seen as property/second class citizens. Example being "should a man lie down with another man as he would a woman he should be stoned." A few thousand years later...I will agree that there is a huge different between being confident about your body and being a woman, and having no self respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                        I still don't get the relationship between women empowerment and showing their skin.

Strength should be proportionate to the ability of their minds, not the square area of skin they are showing.
                        Originally posted by blue_coyote View Post
                        I would say that that has to do with the woman being in charge of her body, sexuality, choices, and thoughts. For the longest time women were (and in some places still are) seen as property/second class citizens. Example being "should a man lie down with another man as he would a woman he should be stoned." A few thousand years later...I will agree that there is a huge different between being confident about your body and being a woman, and having no self respect.
                        I agree - it's largely about women having a long history of pressure to hide themselves regardless of their feelings on the matter. There's a feeling of empowerment that comes with shrugging off the style someone else enforces on you. If a group of people is forced to do something, it's going to make them feel strong to stand up for themselves and refuse.

Comment

I HATE all the people who will ruin the holidays with how offended they are going to get when someone says Merry Christmas.
                          Can I also HATE how offended people get when some DOESNT say "merry christmas?" I have a jewish friend that gets yelled at by customers in the store when she says Happy holidays.... "NO, the correct thing to say is Merry Christmas! Not that Holiday PC Garbage..." Frankly the whole thing is ridiculous, I won't say any of it, i refuse to recognize the holidays at work...
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                            Can I also HATE how offended people get when some DOESNT say "merry christmas?" I have a jewish friend that gets yelled at by customers in the store when she says Happy holidays.... "NO, the correct thing to say is Merry Christmas! Not that Holiday PC Garbage..." Frankly the whole thing is ridiculous, I won't say any of it, i refuse to recognize the holidays at work...
                            Yeah, I hate those people too. If you say to me Happy Holidays, I say it back, though I won't really care. If you say Merry Christmas, I say it back, though I won't really care. Hell, you can say to me Happy Thursday and I'll just nod and repeat it back. Its not like I care. I'm at work. I'm just like next. Next. Next.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yes and yes. So much so that, honestly? I wonder how unpopular it really is. I mean, today, it's December 5th. It's not a holiday. I actually responded to 'merry xmas' with "not yet but thank you. When they do get here, I hope your holidays are genuinely pleasant."

I got a funny look. I was happy, I made them have to think about it, to figure out if I was being a grinch. I figure it's a bit early to start with the 'happy new year' reply.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

People who worship/believe in specific gods/pantheons kinda make me laugh.
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X