Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

When it comes to the 'classics', I prefer the Reader's Digest Abridged Versions. Especially books like Les Miserables, which were filled with socio-political rants and musings.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

(Modern) movies which feature vampires, zombies, werewolves, and/or creepy little children and overuse jump-scares suck tits in hell.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Add "Pride and Prejudice" to the list. I'm sorry, Jane Austen, but your books were BORING.
        Can we add Mary Shelly's Frankenstein to that list? I never did make it al of the way through to the end, (I had to read the last chapter to answer a few questions.) But the book was so tedious that I used it when I had trouble falling asleep.... I can read books forever, but this is the only one that ever really put me the hell to sleep...
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
          (Modern) movies which feature vampires, zombies, werewolves, and/or creepy little children and overuse jump-scares suck tits in hell.
          At least the Underworld movies are decent. But yeah I'm with you on that. It's getting to be an annoying trend.
          "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
          nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
          As blending the Light with the Dark
          merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

Originally posted by DashREM View Post
            I have an opinion that seems like it may not be popular in the Pagan community. That is, that the things silly people come here looking for...magic, flying, controlling the elements, telekinesis etc. Are an inevitability, and not quite as immature and silly as many would consider.
            Nor as primitive and unrealistic as some would consider. Though science would give them better results than magical spells. Though the magic part is an exception, as this would be where to go, not science. Though my opinion would probably not be as unpopular on a science forum.

I think we need to stop thinking gun control is the solution to our problems. We have enough gun control. Instead, we need better help for the mentally ill, and better help for the impoverished. Sad how that's an unpopular opnion.

While I agree retirement funds aren't going to last if we continue business as usual, I think a better solution exists than making you earn old age at an older age. We're overworked as it is, we need to be able to spend more time existing living and enjoying life.
            I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
            I became Abdishtar this spring.
            Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Originally posted by spartacandream View Post
              Nor as primitive and unrealistic as some would consider. Though science would give them better results than magical spells. Though the magic part is an exception, as this would be where to go, not science. Though my opinion would probably not be as unpopular on a science forum.

I think we need to stop thinking gun control is the solution to our problems. We have enough gun control. Instead, we need better help for the mentally ill, and better help for the impoverished. Sad how that's an unpopular opnion.

While I agree retirement funds aren't going to last if we continue business as usual, I think a better solution exists than making you earn old age at an older age. We're overworked as it is, we need to be able to spend more time existing living and enjoying life.
              Whoa, an Ishy sighting. O.o

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                Whoa, an Ishy sighting. O.o
                I can be spotted passing through here from time to time. I'm like bigfoot in the rockies I guess XD
                I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
                I became Abdishtar this spring.
                Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

I don't know how unpopular this is, but Skyrim is overrated.

Comment

- Anime is terrible and as a genre/medium has produced absolutely nothing of worth.

- Dr. Who just isn't that great a show, kind of boring really.

- Weed is not some harmless lifestyle supplement and is not "just a plant." It's a drug, and like all drugs can have both positive effects and negative effects, depending on how it's used.

- "Psychic vampirism" is not a real thing, it's just a delusion adopted by boring people with boring lives who want to feel special without putting any effort into actually achieving anything. The same goes for people who claim to be reincarnations of famous people, or of faeries, or animals, or whatever. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, but forums about the occult are full of people making these absurd claims and people just nod silently instead of calling them out on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                      - Anime is terrible and as a genre/medium has produced absolutely nothing of worth.
                      I actually agree. A lot. I just never had the words to say it. I've never seen an anime that moved me or did much but fill me with a sense of boredom and mild annoyance. Just never liked it much, and I definitely never got why everyone else was going so crazy over it.

Comment

Catching an STD does not make you a bad person any more than catching the flu or getting food poisoning.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                          Catching an STD does not make you a bad person any more than catching the flu or getting food poisoning.
                          Is that such an unpopular viewpoint? I had syphilis once and have never been afraid or ashamed to admit it. Maybe I should be. :-/
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Science enhances my spirituality rather than detracts from it. Maybe not a completely unpopular opinion in these sorts of circles, but when I look at all of the young Earth Creationists marching around and people declaring spirituality dead in the face of science and reason, I kinda feel like I'm in the minority.

Comment

I agree with you. One thing does not necessarily implies the other, although around here we really don't have creationists movements and science generally coexists pacifically with religion.
                              "I was born from a Spark and Fire I became"

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigan View Post
                                I agree with you. One thing does not necessarily implies the other, although around here we really don't have creationists movements and science generally coexists pacifically with religion.
                                That's pretty awesome XD There's quite a lot ignorance around my parts, so science and spirituality tend to butt heads.

Comment

Working...
                                X