No announcement yet.

Unpopular Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      Blasphemy :O Bacon is holy and I will defend it to the ends of the earth!
      Bacon smells good. Bacon tastes gross. But don't listen to me, man - I'm a vegetarian

Mostly art.

Comment

University is completely pointless if you are doing a humanities subject. It's just a waste of time and money in the long run...

And i feel no guilt for saying it because I'm doing humanity subjects at university x
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Portlandia is a terrible show.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          Sneak Attack

Comment

If I believed in fairies, I would leave out traps for them.
            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

*SHOCKED*

Denarius that is awful! Poor fairies :'( x
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

and unhealthy. You never know how they'll retaliate or if you'll atract the attention of more powerful gentry.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  more powerful gentry.
                  With enough flypaper, or the right bait, I could trap Titania herself. Oddly enough, that is only the second most blasphemous thing I've said all morning.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    With enough flypaper, or the right bait, I could trap Titania herself. Oddly enough, that is only the second most blasphemous thing I've said all morning.
                    What was the first?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't know if this is unpopular opinion or not, but whenever I see "Pacific Northwest" I ALWAYS think "Oh, the American part of Canada."

Mostly art.

Comment

The usual self aggrandizing rant punctuated with shouting obscenities at the heavens. I guess I'm just in a hubristic mood today.

If I left right now I could have a late lunch in Victoria.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        What was the first?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't know if this is unpopular opinion or not, but whenever I see "Pacific Northwest" I ALWAYS think "Oh, the American part of Canada."
                        It's my opinion that anything along the pacific coast in the Northern Hemisphere counts as the Pacific Northwest.
                        Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                          It's my opinion that anything along the pacific coast in the Northern Hemisphere counts as the Pacific Northwest.
                          Two sides of the same coin.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                            So... Cali, Columbia is Pacific Northwest? Even though its further east than Florida?
                            What about Japan?

;-)
                            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                              If I believed in fairies, I would leave out traps for them.
                              My dad always said that if he saw Snap, Crackle and Pop on the kitchen table like they are on the ads, he'd whack 'em with a spoon.

Comment

My last post in the "Talking About Beer" thread, included a sentence that needs to be posted here.

Guinness is a horrible example of the Stout style of beer.
                                "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Working...
                                X