• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unpopular Opinions.

Originally posted by Shinasana View Post
    Now its my turn:

I Like Nickelback music,

I've been leaning towards the idea of an absolute monarchy (or at lease one were the King and Queen can do something for country.)

I think that it is easy for the wrong guy to get into a position of power within government.

I wish everyone would shut up about their childhood being ruined by George Lucas, the Star Wars Prequels, and the fridge scene from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (I've only seen parts of the last one.)

I believe that the environmental movement is not all its cracked up to be.
    Blegh, while I'm not a fan of the Prequels for a couple reasons, they didn't ruin my childhood. I have a larger grudge against people who decided that idiotic policies of prequel era Jedi should be grafted onto an era of the expanded universe that didn't have them. Much as I loved KoTOR, Prequel policies on attachment have no place in that era. Stick them closer to Ruusan.

* No I don't actually demand that people be able to decipher it when I start talking about SW EU.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Backgammon is the best game ever.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I think Nazi Germany was extremely impressive on engineering and military levels. Achieving more than any other nation and having built plans for UFO's and colonizing the sun.

They were gonna colonize the sun, and we're working on mars, lets pick up the pace.
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
          I think Nazi Germany was extremely impressive on engineering and military levels. Achieving more than any other nation and having built plans for UFO's and colonizing the sun.

They were gonna colonize the sun, and we're working on mars, lets pick up the pace.
          I agree. They were a very organized ant army. Just like...organized by some crazy mother effing psycho ant leaders!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            My husband would agree with you.

I, on the other hand, am a Nord at heart and have made it my mission for the last ten years to systematically destroy snooty High Elves. Alas, it seems that I didn't do a good enough job at killing Mannimarco and he will soon make his diabolical return.

Needless to say I shall not be siding with the Aldermi Dominion in TES Online.

This makes me love you.

Also, I've been a Stormcloak more often than an Imperial, but I have always had a thing for questionably moral men.

It's not healthy, I tell you. So I love Ulfric too, because I'm pretty sure he's also a creep.

Comment

I too am impressed by Nazi Germany's ingenuity, however invading Russia in winter will never be a strategically good plan.

I don't think America is the best thing since sliced bread (for some reason it always comes to accusing me of supporting communism or terrorism when I say that. Or calling me a liberal, which I don't really understand why he'd think that's an insult, or even how it relates for that matter)

I don't support marijuana use. I admit this is entirely my own bias because almost everyone that I despise has been a pot head and I've come to associate it with negative personality traits. So much so that when some good friends of mine say they smoke, it gives me a pang of panic and "they're a bad influence" echoes in my head. Usually I get over it if they don't keep mentioning it and don't act/look like stoners.

It's my opinion that most of the music my peers listen to is the kind of vulgar and/or obnoxious garbage that is an utter affront to the human ear and an insult to sound is general.

How Beiber still has a near cult following is both disturbing and concerning. He is a vile and loathsome brat who should really be imprisoned in a remote arctic island cell for his crimes against humanity and at least one monkey.
              Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                invading Russia in winter will never be a strategically good plan.
                Small correction because I'm a bit of a history nazi (ha) they invaded in the summer, june to be precise. They underestimated the red army and took long enough that it went into winter, queue problems.
                sigpic
                In Days of yore,
                From Britain's shore
                On Canada's fair domain.
                Here may it wave,
                Our boast, our pride
                The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I want Quebec to separate from Canada So I can stop hearing the whining from Quebec nationalists. I'm no economic expert, but if they separated they'd crash in like two years and come back a whole lot more greatful.
                  (Canada problems.)
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    I want Quebec to separate from Canada So I can stop hearing the whining from Quebec nationalists. I'm no economic expert, but if they separated they'd crash in like two years and come back a whole lot more greatful.
                    (Canada problems.)
                    IMO any part of any country that wishes to secede should be allowed to do so. But they get to foot any and all bills themselves, no financial aid from their former country.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                    Blegh, while I'm not a fan of the Prequels for a couple reasons, they didn't ruin my childhood. I have a larger grudge against people who decided that idiotic policies of prequel era Jedi should be grafted onto an era of the expanded universe that didn't have them. Much as I loved KoTOR, Prequel policies on attachment have no place in that era. Stick them closer to Ruusan.

* No I don't actually demand that people be able to decipher it when I start talking about SW EU.

Well I can decipher it and I concur wholeheartedly. I always thought the "no attachement" thing was a graduately developing policy happening the battle of Ruusan and The Phantom Menace. Bizarrely enough, when you look at the Rebellion Era and onwards it appears that it is they who have the greatest "attachements" who most rarely fall to the Dark Side, or if they do fall come back again. Just saying.
                    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                      IMO any part of any country that wishes to secede should be allowed to do so. But they get to foot any and all bills themselves, no financial aid from their former country.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I can decipher it and I concur wholeheartedly. I always thought the "no attachement" thing was a graduately developing policy happening the battle of Ruusan and The Phantom Menace. Bizarrely enough, when you look at the Rebellion Era and onwards it appears that it is they who have the greatest "attachements" who most rarely fall to the Dark Side, or if they do fall come back again. Just saying.
                      I thought it was a product of Ruusan or something developed between Ruusan and Prequels because outside some commentaries by Odann-Ur, there was no trace of it in the Tot J era. Then KoTOR shows up and Bastila is angsting about attachment being against the Code and TOR shows up with some silly a** ideas about attachment and I'm sitting here going
                      WTF?!?!?!?!

KoTOR also introduced the whole "we don't traditionally accept adults for training" and I'm sitting there going "Really now? This must be a new tradition because Thon flat out ignored it 40 years ago..."

The Order still had several millennia to get hidebound and cloistered. They didn't need to start within a century of TotJ and while KoTOR was still a great game, I'm not amused with some of the writers over that point.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        I thought it was a product of Ruusan or something developed between Ruusan and Prequels because outside some commentaries by Odann-Ur, there was no trace of it in the Tot J era. Then KoTOR shows up and Bastila is angsting about attachment being against the Code and TOR shows up with some silly a** ideas about attachment and I'm sitting here going
                        WTF?!?!?!?!

KoTOR also introduced the whole "we don't traditionally accept adults for training" and I'm sitting there going "Really now? This must be a new tradition because Thon flat out ignored it 40 years ago..."

The Order still had several millennia to get hidebound and cloistered. They didn't need to start within a century of TotJ and while KoTOR was still a great game, I'm not amused with some of the writers over that point.
                        Though I don't know all the SW EU, I do know I've thought about the whole attachment Jedi thing, and mostly from playing KOTOR, and I never got that. I do get that trying to own a person, etc would be bad since jealousy is a problem, but wouldn't the trust, patience and forgiveness required to be married be like the ultimate test of a Jedi's "zen" for lack of a better word at the moment?

Eh, I just play a smuggler in SWTOR. Less complicated, more Corso Riggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                          Though I don't know all the SW EU, I do know I've thought about the whole attachment Jedi thing, and mostly from playing KOTOR, and I never got that. I do get that trying to own a person, etc would be bad since jealousy is a problem, but wouldn't the trust, patience and forgiveness required to be married be like the ultimate test of a Jedi's "zen" for lack of a better word at the moment?

Eh, I just play a smuggler in SWTOR. Less complicated, more Corso Riggs.
                          In universe, the concerns are that
                          1) attachment can distract a Jedi from their duty
                          2) that while love itself is positive, a number of difficult to control and potentially risky passions tend to accompany it

Out of universe, this was not an issue prior to Episode 2 being released and 2 of Luke's students are the children of Jedi Knights. More pointedly, one of the greatest heroes of the Order was active 40 years prior to when KoTOR was set and she definitely wasn't bound by the Prequel era logic on attachments.

Comment

Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm. Love this sig line,it just made my day Moon.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what you people are talking about. None.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Oh but chain,it is meant to be cryptic because that is the way we roll....
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X