This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I found out today that my first "real" bf from high school passed away. He was my first date, the first to send me flowers, first prom (he was 2 years older), and the first guy I slept with. Being me, I remember the exact date of most of these events, and he died on the 40th anniversary of one of them. I feel super weirded out. And old. I feel really, really old all of a sudden.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      I try to remember that these people didn't just wake up one day in a uniform and get ordered to do this, to compare what we would do is wishful thinking...in all likeliness, we would be no different than they were we raised in the same place and time and conditions. They were groomed for it--strong prejudice was alive and well against the Jews prior to Hitler, he just exploited it. And he exploited it for about 9 years before the so-called Final Solution... Those soldiers were indoctrinated, brainwashed into this idea.
      Though I do agree about the indoctrination...do you think there should still have been punishment or no?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Re: What are you thinking about?

Right now I am thinking about how tried I am right now, and all the work I still have to do for the KSI Global forums later

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Though I do agree about the indoctrination...do you think there should still have been punishment or no?
          Maybe its a cop out, but I don't know. I was commenting more towards the throwing one's self off the cliff more than the bit about being tried and punished accordingly. Either way, I think its very easy to pass judgement on history you aren't living, as if you would have done it better...and I think its (to use the word somewhat improperly) hubris to do so--look at how badly and we handle the history we are making right now, who knows how we will be judged in our culpability in 40, 60, 80, years?

I think he should have stood trial. I don't know if he did or not...but if he did and he wasn't executed, I think in this case, justice had its chance. If he didn't, I think its too late now. I don't think that trying and killing an old man, who was likely brainwashed in to thinking he was doing the right thing as a kid (and sorry teen members, 18-21 is a kid) is necessarily serving justice.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Hence, one of the reasons that I distrust, basically, History. The documenting of it, in particular, as referenced by modern perceptions. I feel it is very much like the difference between proof and evidence, or between true and accurate, history and History. We get an accurate description of evidence from the past and assume we have proven the truth of it. That makes me sad.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm thinking that I used to do all these fun, crafty things to pass the time, but I haven't been able to find the interest in doing them again. It's been such a long time, and I'd really love to start up again, but when I go to do so, my drive just isn't there.

Comment

I guess if you can get enough time between you and your crime, it's a wash. Totally sucks. I would kill the old man. Because society had brainwashed me to be like that.

Comment

Does anyone know, how is the dynamic that plays Bass called? Something like Sab Wufer... Sorry if I am writing it wrong.
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                    Does anyone know, how is the dynamic that plays Bass called? Something like Sab Wufer... Sorry if I am writing it wrong.
                    Subwoofer.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      Subwoofer.
                      Thanks, Denarius!
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                        Subwoofer.
                        I'm guessing the dominant one is the domwoofer?

I will see my way out. Thank you.

Comment

Imagine me giving you rep for this one.

And you can domwoofer me anytime.
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

So many baby dragons to make, definitely not enough time to make them in >_<
                            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              Imagine me giving you rep for this one.

And you can domwoofer me anytime.
                              Ok, to be honest, I am a little bit confused here. *has no idea what's going on* :what:

Comment

Thank Satan I looked at my schedule just now. I thought I worked 6-11 Monday. Come to find it's 4-11! And it's holiday bus schedule. Whew.

Comment

Working...
                                X