This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Pointless cruelty bothers me on a deep level. It makes me feel ill. I just... Can't deal with it.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
      Evil is my opinion, too. Yet, they'll undoubtedly throw in the whole "he's only a child" argument.
      An empty argument. Like the claim, "they're just dogs," in an attempt to devalue them. That kind of shit makes me ill... Ill tempered, ill equipped to remain calm, and illaudable for the comeuppance I'd wish upon the damn kid.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Evil is my opinion, too. Yet, they'll undoubtedly throw in the whole "he's only a child" argument.
        If it was a 6 yo stupidly playing with fire who ran off when it really took because they got scared.... I could see that. 14? No.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Agreed. He should still faces charges. A six year old murders a child they want life in prision. Sadly since it was dogs they wont take it as seriously

Comment

Your little tag. Manc twat. Haha.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                Your little tag. Manc twat. Haha.
                Had to change it 'cause it had naughty words :P Ah well.
                Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                  An empty argument. Like the claim, "they're just dogs," in an attempt to devalue them. That kind of shit makes me ill... Ill tempered, ill equipped to remain calm, and illaudable for the comeuppance I'd wish upon the damn kid.
                  Yeah... I get puppy burners in my classes. It's hard to pretend I don't want to burn them...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

People coming together, in a big way, like that, is most definitely a bright side to the story!

Man, I really gotta thank you for sharing this wholesome compassion that's going on, around there.

--------------------

Now, if everyone will excuse me, I have some horribly sadistic 'cooked dog' jokes to go get out of my system.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I wonder how many of those dogs will find a forever home because of that ordeal. Crisis brings out the sympathy of people, so there's always that flip side.

Comment

I'm crushing ridiculously hard on Mr. tall, blonde and pagan. I hung out with him and his friends and I had some of the most fun in months. He also helped me with my mtg deck. I've got a functioning green/white convoke. I also won a 6 player generals using a borrowed deck based around Prossh, Skyraider of Kher. Not bad for a newbie.
                        Circe

Comment

I haz until Sept 23 before I transfer to my new location! Only one week left working at my old one.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Beer. And footy.

Beer and footy!
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              Beer
                              Last night before bed, I decided to try something different that I had picked up at the local liquor store. An orange shandy. Basically, it's a lager mixed with orange juice. Quite tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

Last night before bed, I decided to try something different that I had picked up at the local liquor store. An orange shandy. Basically, it's a lager mixed with orange juice. Quite tasty.
                                But not beer!!+
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment