This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I'm thinking about how, tomorrow, I'm going to find out what the actual job description is for the title I've been sporting for about two years-ish. Clarity will be welcome!

I hope.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm wondering why I always express my pagan side more strongly in the Autumn? My BOS is full of entries started between September and November with very little either side.

My niece is heavily into paganism these days and I really struggle to discuss it with her. I just can't remember what I once knew. I figured hanging out here again would go some way towards bringing it all back to me!

Anyway, it's really good to be back and see so many of my favourite posters are still around and active!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jem!

Hey, welcome back! Good to see you...

(You aren't the only recent absentee to return)
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I am thinking when the saucers start landing,humans will not notice being immersed in watching cute cat videos....so the ships will just leave,trying not to disturb all of us..."Special" beings..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            I'm wondering why I always express my pagan side more strongly in the Autumn? My BOS is full of entries started between September and November with very little either side.

My niece is heavily into paganism these days and I really struggle to discuss it with her. I just can't remember what I once knew. I figured hanging out here again would go some way towards bringing it all back to me!

Anyway, it's really good to be back and see so many of my favourite posters are still around and active!
            Hi Jem!!!! I feel the same way - I think it's tied into the coming dark/cold times - that urge to bundle up and hunker down. There's less connection with the physical world, and that sense of waiting for spring and re-birth, which brings out the spiritual.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Welcome back, Jem!! I was just thinking about you a couple weeks ago. I'll have to find the convo that sparked the thought... I was wondering why I hadn't seen you in it and realized I hadn't seen you in FOREVER.

So, my boss at work is under scrutiny right now because of the high (and I mean high) turnover rate. Our entire swing shift is new people, I'm among the three most senior and I've only been there 4 months. So, a lot is changing. One of those changes is that they've brought in a couple travelers to cover until the staffing settles (we have three months). I found out what a traveler is and I think that's what I want to ultimately do. They get paid $20-30/hr (sometimes more) to go from one hospital to another and travel around the country filling in. The guy we currently have working for us had an offer for the Virgin Islands, Anchorage, and Ft Lauderdale just in the last few weeks. He chose us cause his family is in Chicago and he wanted to be close for the holidays. I love this idea. I could work a full shift and we could buy an RV and a jeep and travel the country. The hubby could homeschool the kiddo, take care of the RV, etc. We could live in the warm climes during the winter and come north in the summer to visit family. If we decide to do this, it won't happen for at least a few years, because I have to build up experience. But we're seriously considering it.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Jeeeeeeeeem!!! Where you been?? Hows the things??? I just realised I've over taken your post count, and haven't you been here forever?!?!?! But anyway, how are you.

Also, I am half cut. It's a good change. Weee red wine from wolf Blass !!!!!
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm thinking about how to mercifully cut down a healthy baby birch tree just so another tree can live...

Comment

Dude.

Total Nerdgasm:

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
                      I lived in La Puente as a small child. Mexicans also be mean to other people's kids.

El Cucuy & La Llorona are real-er than Sandy Claws. La Llorona lives here, too, in the Vegas washes. She was a Downwinder woman who took advantage of a flash flood to drown her atomic-radiated babies, or so I've heard.
                      So I've been watching Grimm over the past few days, and there are episodes about La Llorona and El Cucuy.

Comment

Originally posted by Odahviing View Post
                        I'm thinking about how to mercifully cut down a healthy baby birch tree just so another tree can live...
                        Chainsaw.

If you're an amateur, it gives the tree an even chance.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

Chainsaw.

Bahaha made me laugh in public. People looked at me funny
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            Chainsaw.

Apparently, back in my younger days, when I still drank (like a fish?), I tried felling a fairly large oak (something in excess of a foot and a half in diameter) with nothing more than what amounted to a Bowie knife and drunken enthusiasm.

Um, yeah. The tree won.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                              I'm thinking about how, tomorrow, I'm going to find out what the actual job description is for the title I've been sporting for about two years-ish. Clarity will be welcome!

I hope.
                              Pretty much been doing what I thought I was supposed to do, with a few different details... At least I have it in writing, now.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

sugar free chocolate pudding is quite yummy.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X