This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post

Here in France I know many bands that live solely on their music. The government pays intermittent artists to help them live between contracts and tours.
    You are kidding.

Lucky bastard.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      You are kidding.

Lucky bastard.
      Not kidding. We need to fulfil a quota of contracts and performances to have right to that payment, and it's the same amount as a part-time minimum wage job. so it's not much either. But it allows for survival. Anyhow, we are really attempting fame so... maybe someday I will be dirty rich.

I risking it all for this.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I'm feeling really under loved and under appreciated. I feel like all I do is work, and clean up after the dog, and then frantically spend my days off cleaning up after myself. Example: I only had two hours to prep everything I was bringing to Thanksgiving dinner. So now the kitchen is a disaster. But until I get a solid hour of free time, it's going to stay that way. ....the next time I have that much time without waking up early to clean is Sunday.

Work, dog, sleep. Work, dog, sleep.

*sigh*

Mostly art.

Comment

Ahhh,Vol welcome to the human condition..Would that I could I would create a few clones for you to send out on errands,and you just sleep for a solid 24 hours...(If wishes were horses,you know the rest)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Thanks guys. Things went 'ok'. I mean I don't really 'like' the people. But I can 'tolerate' them, I guess. They all already knew each other. Which was like me and a few others completely just out of the loop. They are young. With a few older people (Who really got on my nerves). The car pool I was with were the assistant manager and two young girls. All of which I did really like. We had to split up in teams and do team stuff, which I HATE. Mine was full of super meek people and 2 rowdy loud mouths. But..I just took charge. Because I knew my boss was watching what I did with them. We eventually got our shit together. And I won't lie. I just took them and told some to shush and get the job done. Mind you, I was not introduced as part of management until the end of the course. Which was fun when I saw their faces.

Also ran into one guy that is a effing douche. Some dude in SUIT and TIE was like I'm going to take over this job. I'm going to go for assistant head cashier! I'm super blah blah. And I'm like you know if you need any help with that kid, I'm there. I'm Jodee, The assistant head cashier. I will more than gladly help TRAIN you.

Yeah. Eat that.

And....I found one hot Latin adonis young boy who looks like a high school wrestler. His name is John. He's quiet and confident. We hung out during break time. He's my new lil buddy.

But the day was long. Too long.
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Blegh, wanna be managers, blegh

I had one over the summer who tried to take on authority he didn't have so he could pawn off basic functions of his job. Actual management eventually decided to keep him out of my zone most of the time I was there and I still have one who feels competent to lecture my section (though generally not me individually anymore) on how to do its job.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Sounds like you found your "grit",it can be a pain working with some people,but the thing that really used to make me mad,was a freaking supervisor I had that could not work well with people,and could NOT make a decision if it was not covered in the rules. This btw was a supervisor I pulled a knife on when she came and yanked my ear phones off my head while I was sitting,stuffing envelopes. I took the blade out and slammed it on the table,and said "You better leave NOW Bit*h. Got called into personal for it,BUT when I mentioned that she had "laid" hands on my person,personal got all "You did WHAT"? As I mentioned to them that was battery on an employee by said supervisor. That ended that little to do very fast,as the personal people apologized,and hoped I would not sue the company.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" came on the radio just as I was parking in the drive way. I'm still sitting here waiting for the song to end because turning off the radio/car before it's done would be blasphemy.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" came on the radio just as I was parking in the drive way. I'm still sitting here waiting for the song to end because turning off the radio/car before it's done would be blasphemy.

Things like this give me hope for humanity.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

gonna get a sailor jerry tattoo. I always thought they looked sharp.
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

Before I got my parrot, I had a cat. Whenever the old song "My Girl" came on, I'd pick her up and dance with her. When she died I promised that any time it came on the radio, I wouldn't change the station or turn it off. I've kept my word, and there have been several times it came on when I was just arriving somewhere. It's been almost 25 years.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

That song is like the National Anthem. No matter where you hear it, you stop and listen. I've jammed out to that song at work not giving an F.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            That song is like the National Anthem. No matter where you hear it, you stop and listen. I've jammed out to that song at work not giving an F.
                            It's better than the national anthem!!!

My thought: I wonder how TS is going...

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Let's hope he's all wrapped up in 'love puke'.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                Let's hope he's all wrapped up in 'love puke'.
                                Hopefully it's not toooooo pukey...

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment