This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

As long as it's done before 20 weeks go by, I think you're OK.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      Yeah well...I'm lazy, so who knows?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Just long enough for someone to think that I'm bluffing when I say that I want to kill it and act accordingly.
        well, wish I'd known you were in the process of sending it to hell. I just finished typing up a response and it disappeared on me
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            LMAO perfect!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              LOL Pretty much
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                I laughed so long and hard at this that I had to explain to Tim what was so funny. I tip my hat to you!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I laughed so long and hard at this that I had to explain to Tim what was so funny. I tip my hat to you!
                  Thanks, and a hat-tip back!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking cigarettes should roll themselves.

I'm also thinking sleeping during the day is getting in the way of a couple projects that need doing and I wish I had some pills to knock me the f out, at a reasonable hour. The pain killers are way too hit or miss, on the sleep thing. Valerian root keeps me awake. Unfortunately, lying in bed, in total darkness, for 4 or 5 hours, isn't 'sleep'.

*le sigh*

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      I'm thinking cigarettes should roll themselves.

I'm also thinking sleeping during the day is getting in the way of a couple projects that need doing and I wish I had some pills to knock me the f out, at a reasonable hour. The pain killers are way too hit or miss, on the sleep thing. Valerian root keeps me awake. Unfortunately, lying in bed, in total darkness, for 4 or 5 hours, isn't 'sleep'.

*le sigh*
                      I'm doing an afternoon lazy nap. I find any English documentary on old English royalty is just magically interesting and delightful to snooze to.

Comment

I'm thinking about the song from Charlotte's Web about Mother Earth and Father Time. It's a little bit stuck in my head.
                        sigpic

Comment

Tonight we have parent-teacher conferences from 5pm to 7pm. Because of how badly we (teachers) have been screwed on pay, a bunch of teachers are planning to call in sick.

Not me - I can't afford to get fired, and it makes us look bad to the public.

However, attitudes are really not good here, currently.

A first year teacher, fresh out of college, with student loans and married will earn just about right at the federally declared poverty level (roughly $16,000).

I think I may apply for free or reduced lunches...

Oh yeah... our superintendent makes $203,000 per year.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am thinking about my plans for tomorrow after school... Hm...

- - - Updated - - -

We have a government Java exam tomorrow from 7:45 to 10:00 am. That's all.
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              A first year teacher, fresh out of college, with student loans and married will earn just about right at the federally declared poverty level (roughly $16,000).

I think I may apply for free or reduced lunches...

Oh yeah... our superintendent makes $203,000 per year.

WTF?

A first year teacher here, with a bachelor's degree, in one of the lower paying districts, starts out just shy of 41k (and personally, I think that is too low). The payscale for teachers tops out at 73.5k, plus an extra 2700 for National Board Certification.

Heck they could make more SUBBING here...the daily rate is $60-80 a day, depending on the district, and you can sub in multiple distrcts.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                WTF?

A first year teacher here, with a bachelor's degree, in one of the lower paying districts, starts out just shy of 41k (and personally, I think that is too low). The payscale for teachers tops out at 73.5k, plus an extra 2700 for National Board Certification.

Heck they could make more SUBBING here...the daily rate is $60-80 a day, depending on the district, and you can sub in multiple distrcts.
                                Don't be surprised to see that changing in the near future...

When I started here, I actually made $27000 the first year - but I was also being paid for my Master's Degree.

Currently, my wife, who works for the horror Walmart, gets more in benefits than I do (except for insurance - which took a huge cut in our last contract), and is quickly catching up with my pay...
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X