This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I haven't finished going through my unread threads... but I'm so done for the night. It's time for my bed.

When is the weekend getting here?

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

When is the weekend getting here?
      Not soon enough

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I found the good tea. Time to learn some css.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
          I found the good tea. Time to learn some css.
          If by css, you mean cascading style sheets...

skip the tea, get the good liquor. LOTS of the good liquor.

Okay, I'm slightly biased, I hate markup languages, still liquor is your friend.
          Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

Okay, I'm slightly biased, I hate markup languages, still liquor is your friend.
            Haha, I do indeed mean cascading style sheets. And I have most definitely gotten that vibe.

I seem to have some weird mental fascination with details and creation, so hopefully that will work for me.

*has a bottle of some alcoholic beverage in the fridge for later*

Comment

Do you actually write it all out in code, or do you use a wysiwyg program like Dreamweaver?

Since the program I was using - GoLive - is dead, I have to learn a new one.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Now I know where I've been going wrong....

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  Do you actually write it all out in code, or do you use a wysiwyg program like Dreamweaver?

Since the program I was using - GoLive - is dead, I have to learn a new one.
                  Me personally? I thank heaven that there are people who like the abominable stuff and hide from it. Mark-up languages annoy the ever-loving **** out of me on a good day and constitute an argument for exterminatus on a bad day. If I find out tomorrow that hiding from it is no longer an option then after the psychotic break, I'll probably use Notepad++. That leaves me doing the coding but it does provide some additional features (namely color coding commands) to help avoid error.
                  Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Me personally? I thank heaven that there are people who like the abominable stuff and hide from it. Mark-up languages annoy the ever-loving **** out of me on a good day and constitute an argument for exterminatus on a bad day. If I find out tomorrow that hiding from it is no longer an option then after the psychotic break, I'll probably use Notepad++. That leaves me doing the coding but it does provide some additional features (namely color coding commands) to help avoid error.
                    You sound like a friend of mine who creates web sites for a living. He absolutely loathes the markup languages. Seems to be a common thing... I tend to like the tiny fiddly weirdness in things, the big picture of the world makes my head spin too much. But then again, I'm told I'm an oddball. So there is that. ^^

Comment

You sound like a friend of mine who creates web sites for a living. He absolutely loathes the markup languages. Seems to be a common thing... I tend to like the tiny fiddly weirdness in things, the big picture of the world makes my head spin too much. But then again, I'm told I'm an oddball. So there is that. ^^
                      There are people who like markup languages. I think they're a little strange for liking highly finicky and extremely lazy (neither HTML or CSS are capable of basic arithmetic, I could go into a long rant about this) languages but the existence of people who like them means that I don't have to deal with them. On the flip side, I like just about every full-fledged programming language I've met and I love SQL so a number of people may think I'm batshit crazy.

Comment

There are people who like markup languages. I think they're a little strange for liking highly finicky and extremely lazy (neither HTML or CSS are capable of basic arithmetic, I could go into a long rant about this) languages but the existence of people who like them means that I don't have to deal with them. On the flip side, I like just about every full-fledged programming language I've met and I love SQL so a number of people may think I'm batshit crazy.
                        Well, I'm very ok with crazy people. Can't say I've made it up to SQL yet. I've been muddling through html for the past few weeks, but it's not as painful as I initially thought it was going to be.

I'm seriously considering making sure I have a bottle of something-or-other for my days off when I'm actually sitting down for the 6 hour blocks to dedicate to this project though.

Comment

SQL is database creation and control. If you're looking at web stuff then it comes into play at about the time you start tinkering with PHP (or some other server-side language). All the post and user info for PF would be saved in SQL tables for example.

Comment

SQL is database creation and control. If you're looking at web stuff then it comes into play at about the time you start tinkering with PHP (or some other server-side language). All the post and user info for PF would be saved in SQL tables for example.
                            Ah that makes sense. So much to learn, so little free time. ^^

Comment

Ah that makes sense. So much to learn, so little free time. ^^
                              If you want a real migraine then here's a fun one. There are at absolute minimum, 4 languages in a site like PF. HTML and CSS display stuff, PHP makes it do things, SQL handles the database. It's more likely to be 5 languanges though with Javascript handling some client side interactions.

Comment

If you want a real migraine then here's a fun one. There are at absolute minimum, 4 languages in a site like PF. HTML and CSS display stuff, PHP makes it do things, SQL handles the database. It's more likely to be 5 languanges though with Javascript handling some client side interactions.
                                So besides those 5, what else does PF run on? Now I'm all curious...

Comment

Working...
                                X