This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

o.O I'm a bit more sunburnt and slightly drunker than I planned on being-especially considering I had dinner *before* I went for drinks.......I love my bartender at Applebees lol.

But yeah. Sunburn....ooowie. I'm even sunburnt on my ankles >_<
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

I had something to say on here, but now I don't remember. Which is what I'm thinking about, just not what I was thinking about posting. Damn.

Comment

I stayed up late last night researching agricultural degree programs in Canada. Seems like the best one (for me) is the university of Alberta, but my previous GPA from when I went to school so long ago isn't high enough to be admitted, and I don't qualify as a mature student because I've got previous post-secondary (and boat loads of it).

But there's a school in Lethbridge that offers a similar program, and it's a BSc, which makes me happy, and it seems like it would be SO interesting, and really, we need more people out there making sustainable farming choices, but....I'm not sure if I'm 100% about it. And at 27, I feel like I can't go back for a four-five year degree, unless I'm 100% about it. I ain't got time to fuck around, this time.

(and getting into a whole new program seems easier than trying to find a university that will let me complete my other degree - since all the ones I spoke to about it either couldn't grant me admissions (thanks to a low gpa) or if they did, couldn't transfer my SIX years worth of credits, so I'd have to do it over again anyhow)

Sigh.

I'm also thinking I feel sick from eating 10 viva puff cookies yesterday. Too many glutens and sugars.

Mostly art.

Comment

I got my job at the hospital! Even better than Goodwill. Now I'm kind of interested in volunteering for their pastoral services... so they'd have someone there from a different faith basis... but I have no idea where I could get non-Christian training.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

There are certain long-term goals that I had established years ago that are finally coming around to manifesting. I didn't think I'd be so... relieved.

Getting Chinese takeout today to celebrate. ^^

Comment

just lost my voice.
              Throat feels like I gargled sand.
              Lymph nodes are sore.
              Ears are sorta...weepy. If that's even possible.
              But body is not feeling like a rotty rolled me in playdoh.
              So there's that.:=I:
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

For some reason, my Google Chrome isn't working and Mozilla Firefox tends to slow down and don't respond every 20 minutes.... -_-
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

2 things.

1. I woke up with no voice today. My cough went away (for the most part. It's a pretty thick cough when I do) But I can't swallow without feeling like FIAR in my throat. Thus breakfast was a nana and lunch beans and din din some cheese spread. I found my voice later. As a drag queen frog I guess.

2. And elderly couple came in to the tool place today. The man wants to ask me questions about a jack. He shows me the picture and I pull it up on my screen to take a better look etc.
                  This is what he was talking about:
                  CLICK ME

And then he asks me if it can be used to raise up a person. A disabled person. In a wheelchair. I keep explaining no. He keeps asking no? I keep saying I will not sell it to you to do that sir! You first have to stand both feet on the small pedals. Nothing to hold to. And then have someone crank up the jack! And he's like no? And I'm like no. This is a bike lift only. And he's like no? And I'm like ONLY. With the hand of no no in front of me.
                  Finally I say: Do you know how to get disabled? This is how you get disabled.

And we were done.

I secretly giggled.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Finally I say: Do you know how to get disabled? This is how you get disabled.

And we were done.

I secretly giggled.
                    I giggled.

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm looking around for drawing tablets. I'm thinking about Intous Manga since it looks like it's under $100 and I like to do comics but there's nothing with those programs I couldn't do in photoshop. My only problem is that 4 x 6 seems a bit small, though I don't know if this is a good size in practice because I have no experience with tablets. I'm just tired of using my trackpad.
                      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                        I'm looking around for drawing tablets. I'm thinking about Intous Manga since it looks like it's under $100 and I like to do comics but there's nothing with those programs I couldn't do in photoshop. My only problem is that 4 x 6 seems a bit small, though I don't know if this is a good size in practice because I have no experience with tablets. I'm just tired of using my trackpad.
                        If you're interested this is the one that I use. Its slightly older at this point, but its still really good. Its great to start on because it doesn't cost as much and you still get to learn the feel of it. My only issue with tablets is getting used to the whole having to look at the computer screen instead of what you're drawing.

Thinking about the fact that my husbands move date is just around the corner (the 29th) and I'm gunna be stuck here an extra month.....hopefully I can just stay super busy and I don't have to potentially be around our roommate much. Sucks though, because it appears that I'm going to miss out on the show I've got a booth at-thankfully my husband and friend are gunna run it for me as long as I can get stuff done in time.....yaaay for speeding through stuff -___-
                        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                          If you're interested this is the one that I use. Its slightly older at this point, but its still really good. Its great to start on because it doesn't cost as much and you still get to learn the feel of it. My only issue with tablets is getting used to the whole having to look at the computer screen instead of what you're drawing.
                          Thankyou! I'll look into it. The price is very appealing!
                          Circe

Comment

Thinking what a total, absolute zoo the Belmont's gonna be, now that there's a Triple Crown on the line. Here we go again!
                            sigpic
                            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The new Godzilla movie was actually pretty damn good, it's not in my top five or even ten Godzilla movies, but it's a pretty strong contender nonetheless.

My favourite is still Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-Out attack. Which is also my favourite movie title of all time.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I will put it in my top ten. Replacing Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I have seen no Veggie Tales. My Pagan Girlfriend has seen a lot of Veggie Tales. My non-Christian friends have seen a lot of Veggie Tales. I have still seen no Veggie Tales.

I am beginning to suspect that Veggie Tales must be the thing driving people away from Christianity .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                                My favourite is still Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-Out attack. Which is also my favourite movie title of all time.
                                That movie is ridiculously good. Its one of the few Godzilla movies that pretty much anyone can enjoy, as it actually works as a movie on the human drama element and the things blowing up element. My Mom even liked it-- and that is saying something.
                                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                                X