X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    I love traveling, usually. But I'm really weary of it, this time. And I'm actually a tiny little bit annoyed that none of my friends have ever made any attempts to visit me, while I've already made 3 trips back there since I moved, 13 years ago. a little butthurt.... I admit it.
    This right here says it all!!!! Apparently people forget the road works both ways!!!! Over the years I have gone home less and less because everyone expects me to come home and go see each individual person, and become upset when I don't have time, My Dad has been up twice in the 9 years I have been gone and my Mom once. I get the butthurt... 110%. Also good for you on taking care of you. You more then deserve it.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I love traveling, usually. But I'm really weary of it, this time. And I'm actually a tiny little bit annoyed that none of my friends have ever made any attempts to visit me, while I've already made 3 trips back there since I moved, 13 years ago. a little butthurt.... I admit it.
      I feel you. I haven't been home in a year and a half because I can't really afford it (Yellowknife to Vancouver is a long way if you don't get a seat sale), and every time I talk to my friends and family they're all like "Why don't you visit anymore? We miss you, you need to visit"...meanwhile, I've extended offers to people to come up here and stay with me, and it's different. It's too far, too expensive, they have no desire to visit the North, etc. But I need to visit ASAP.

My grandpa told me he has no desire to visit the north, my mom always gives me some "oh honey, I would if I could" platitude (I've offered to pay for her), and my best friend specifically said, unless I live 50km or less from him, he will never visit. But I get guilt tripped every time I'm on the phone. I don't even want to visit anymore.

Mostly art.

Comment

Game of Thrones day. We prepared a "feast" for the occasion of chocolate cream drop cookies and fruit (we couldn't decide what kind of snack we wanted so we chose both).

Comment

I don't watch GOT,but read that it is kinda shockingly violent(burning a kid alive violent) from one of those spoiler sites in reviews...Not my kind of entertainment..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hmm I don't remember any kids being burned alive (explicitly) off-hand, but it is pretty violent.

Comment

It was in the final I think,that just aired on HBO..

here.
              http://time.com/3914125/game-of-thro...ibal-violence/

“The Dance of Dragons,” If you have not yet seen it,do not click(spoiler)
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                It was in the final I think,that just aired on HBO..

here.
                http://time.com/3914125/game-of-thro...ibal-violence/

“The Dance of Dragons,” If you have not yet seen it,do not click(spoiler)
                Yep, now that I'm caught up (friend just left after our GoT "feast" and showing), I retract my earlier comment. ^^

Comment

I have no purpose today. I could be doing things like cleaning my room. My horrid bathroom. Doing another load of laundry. But I'm not. I'm going to play shut in today.
                  weeeeeee
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

I feel you. I haven't been home in a year and a half because I can't really afford it (Yellowknife to Vancouver is a long way if you don't get a seat sale), and every time I talk to my friends and family they're all like "Why don't you visit anymore? We miss you, you need to visit"...meanwhile, I've extended offers to people to come up here and stay with me, and it's different. It's too far, too expensive, they have no desire to visit the North, etc. But I need to visit ASAP.

My grandpa told me he has no desire to visit the north, my mom always gives me some "oh honey, I would if I could" platitude (I've offered to pay for her), and my best friend specifically said, unless I live 50km or less from him, he will never visit. But I get guilt tripped every time I'm on the phone. I don't even want to visit anymore.
                    That's a bummer. I love traveling; Particularly, I love traveling to new places. I've never been to Canada. I would much rather come visit you. Which reminds me, I need to get off my lazy butt and get a new passport. Lol

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

That's a bummer. I love traveling; Particularly, I love traveling to new places. I've never been to Canada. I would much rather come visit you. Which reminds me, I need to get off my lazy butt and get a new passport. Lol

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                      That would be amazing, though I live a lot further from you than I used to. There's basically a permanent couch for any longstanding forum member who wants to come say hi.

Mostly art.

Comment

That would be amazing, though I live a lot further from you than I used to. There's basically a permanent couch for any longstanding forum member who wants to come say hi.
                        What is your warmest month of the year?
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking about just what may be living behind the rotten board in the back room that I'm trying to give new life to. Everything was all and good, and it looked great with a fresh new paintjob, and the windows open and all the furniture cleared out ... until I noticed this once section that was brownish, even though it was just painted. So, I poked it, and the screwdriver I poked it with went through. Off came the paneling, to discover damp, rotten drywall, a hole the size of my fist, and something cloth-like inside the wall. I know I could pull it all apart right now and see what it is, but I have this anxiety about what may be back there. Dead animals, crawly bugs ... treasure?

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            What is your warmest month of the year?
                            Probably July or August. It's pretty warm now (by my standards), but I expect 20C isn't warm for you. I'd place my money on July or August.

Mostly art.

Comment

Probably July or August. It's pretty warm now (by my standards), but I expect 20C isn't warm for you. I'd place my money on July or August.
                              68 is okayish...75-82 is my fave, but I'll take anything up to 95 if there's water, shade, and a breeze.

After 95, it all sucks. Over 105 just sucks more. And 125 in the shipyards is flat out horrible.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

The grandma of the house got a new puppy. Which means I got a new puppy! It's a tiny itty bitty yorkie. Right now it looks like a mini rotty. So cute!
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X