• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
    You're a towel
    Get a room, you two!

Like most words, the correct pronunciation depends on where you are, or where you are from.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I finished reading 'beautiful creatures'... spoiler allert. I actually cried at Macon's death... I've seen the movie, I figured he would die. And it still caught me unprepared... I've only cried over a fictional character two or three times... *sigh*

I have a whole stack of unread books. Wondering what to read next...
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        Question for the gallery.

I'm watching Martha Stewart (don't judge!)
        And she always pronounces the word 'herbs' with a the sounding h as opposed to erbs.

It always makes me think she's pretending to be pretentious and doesn't know you don't need to say it like that.

Or have I just been saying it like a heathen my whole life?
        Is it Herbs or Erbs?
        In Australia we say 'herbs' with the h pronounced.

Comment

Crazy assuies and their H's on everything......do you pronounce "honey" 'eony or some weird Ausii other word..(Ya know I love you downunders)
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

In Australia we say 'herbs' with the h pronounced.
            I've loved that word with the H pronounced ever since I saw Eddie Izzard's 'Dressed to Kill' stand up.

Posting from my phone so I can't embed the video. https://youtu.be/cs5H7cgcpkg
            He does do the F bomb once toward the end so beware if you're watching this without headphones and have 'sensitive' ears around.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My friend sent me a present. It's a bobble head of Pope Francis. I'm just kinda laughing but I'm not sure how to take it.
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Ya gotta admit,this frances guy is ok for a POPE...Good on the environment,cool with same sex marriage,and did I mention he is a kind of down to earth guy...And for me to be cool with a POPE,it takes a real Miracle,so take it as it comes...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  My friend sent me a present. It's a bobble head of Pope Francis. I'm just kinda laughing but I'm not sure how to take it.
                  Please post a picture.
                  "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
                  And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
                  They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
                  The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
                  - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Ya gotta admit,this frances guy is ok for a POPE...Good on the environment,cool with same sex marriage,and did I mention he is a kind of down to earth guy...And for me to be cool with a POPE,it takes a real Miracle,so take it as it comes...
                    He isn't cool with same sex marriage (or if he is then he's being really quiet about it to avoid the Great Schism take 2). He might be cool with same sex civil unions but that isn't explicitly demonstrated yet. What he is, is fervently opposed to letting some of the more annoying ideology in some other sects dominate the Catholic Church and he's shoving the idea of "Love thy neighbor" down the Church's throat as forcibly as he can get away with while avoiding Great Schism take 2.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      I have a slowly growing collection of bobble heads at my work desk. Currently, I have Megamind and Baby Groot. I want more! Never thought I'd like those stupid things.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                        Please post a picture.
                        These are my 4 bobbleheads: The Pope, recently retired race caller Tom Durkin, and racehorces Secretariat & Big Brown.

IMG_2484.jpg
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

My DNA sample was received at the lab today.

Also, we're experiencing freaky hazy/fogginess from the fires in Canada. There's a warning out over our state saying our air is not safe for anyone right now, but nobody cares and I actually was told 2 days after the smoke started appearing what it was, where it was coming from and that it wasn't safe. So... either I'm a total shut-in or... no wait, that's it. :P I guess it's affecting a lot of states and (of course) Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            Question for the gallery.

I'm watching Martha Stewart (don't judge!)
                            And she always pronounces the word 'herbs' with a the sounding h as opposed to erbs.

It always makes me think she's pretending to be pretentious and doesn't know you don't need to say it like that.

Or have I just been saying it like a heathen my whole life?
                            Is it Herbs or Erbs?
                            According to Eddie Izzard its Herbs cause it has a F@#$ H in it but I say Erbs as does everyone I know with the exception of the few people I know who are from the UK

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                            Sads. I'm thinking about my major case of the sads. I just got home from spending the last week with my wife and I'm not going to get to see her again for at least a month.

But at least a month is a lot better than the last stretch we went without being together, which was 7 months.
                            Also I know how hard this is. You can make a month though. Good luck and I hope you time passes quickly.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I don't know what happened. But I have Sun, Mon, Tues and Wed off next week. Someone listened to me. Someone knew I was about to go postal if I didn't get a tiny lil vacay in.

I really dig my new boss.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I actually found a moment of happy tonight.

I think my biochemical system is (yet again) fed up with me being unhappy and depressed. Sometimes it just sends random waves of endorphins seemingly no reason. Now I intend to reward said random endorphins with Archer and Vitamin W.

And maybe a house cleansing is in order, because it's only inside this place that my mood drops like a stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X