This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Apartment hunting sucks. Why would an apartment be "pet friendly" accept dogs, cats, and caged animals... and then call me back and say they actually don't allow hedgehogs at all. o.0 Yep, that makes total sense. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
      Apartment hunting sucks. Why would an apartment be "pet friendly" accept dogs, cats, and caged animals... and then call me back and say they actually don't allow hedgehogs at all. o.0 Yep, that makes total sense. Oh well.
      I would not have even thought to ask about a small animal like that, Id have never mentioned it.... Not out of deceit, more out of, I would not expect it to be a thing anywhere ever... Which means I'd have no issues unless they inspect my home.... Which they should not be allowed to do without good cause.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I'm a nihilistic moron and I mean that in the nicest possible way.
        Circe

Comment

Yay... signed up for monthly massages! Eff yeah!
          Birds flying high, you know how I feel.
          Sun in the sky, youuuu knoooow how I feel...
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
            Lol. Pull over ma'am.
            You are going 95 in the sky!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
              ...It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and I'm feeelin' gooooood! Feeeeeelin' goooooood!!!

This is the first day in about a week where I haven't felt depressed

Comment

I should take some drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  I should take some drugs.

Works for me.

Have fun.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

<perk> Did someone call me?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Just learned about toast sandwiches. Apparently the UK eat two slices of bread and inside is a slice of toasted bread with butter. I really think I would love this. Because I eat toast and butter when I'm not super hungry but need something. And of course I add Tapatio.

Can any UK peeps chime in on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Just learned about toast sandwiches. Apparently the UK eat two slices of bread and inside is a slice of toasted bread with butter. I really think I would love this. Because I eat toast and butter when I'm not super hungry but need something. And of course I add Tapatio.

Can any UK peeps chime in on this?
                        I've never heard of that in my travels there, but there are two things that might be of interest to you: toasties, which are like grilled cheese sandwiches, but better, and when you order fish n chips there, it usually comes with buttered bread, and you take said bread, and you take fries, and you make a sammich.

Also, I <3 cheese and pickle sandwiches, but they are an acquired taste (if you've never had branston pickle, anyhow)

Mostly art.

Comment

Note to self: Take note of game's size before downloading. 4 hour + downloads aren't fun.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hot chocolate tastes funny directly after brushing teeth.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                            I would not have even thought to ask about a small animal like that, Id have never mentioned it.... Not out of deceit, more out of, I would not expect it to be a thing anywhere ever... Which means I'd have no issues unless they inspect my home.... Which they should not be allowed to do without good cause.
                            I've been getting varying advice ranging from "don't even mention it, it doesn't count as a pet because it doesn't destroy anything or smell" to "be completely open with the owners." Some of the in-between comments have been "say it's a guinea pig" or "just move in and if they find out, say you're watching it for a day for your sister." But I've seen what happens when people aren't completely honest, particularly when put in vulnerable situations (like housing...), so I'm really open with almost anyone who has a direct impact on my life.

Some apartments reserve the right to go through your domain (either showing the layout to a prospective renter if no free rooms are available, or for cleaning inspections, or in the case of emergencies), but they have to give 24 hours notice of their intention to do so (except in the emergency situations, which may involve things like wasp infestations).

I've almost been wondering if some people mistake hedgehogs for porcupines or assume they're wild pets someone just brought indoors. Instead of these cute downsized domesticated quill-balls that make motorcycle noises, don't chew, don't stink, and live cage-bound. For future apartment hunting, I'm going to explain what a hedgehog is and what it's not if they complain. It seemed like this particular apartment just had an anti-hedgehog thing and that may well be from previous bad experience with a tenant so I wasn't going to push it. But I've seen a few others who couldn't have cared less so... we shall see.

I'm going to see one apartment today, two or three tomorrow (waiting on a call back), and hopefully something will turn up that works for us and our meager budget.

Comment

Well........turns out we ordered the wrong part to fix my tablet and there's no way to return it........fml. There was $40 down the drain that could've been used towards the move. Now I won't have any access to the internet for about a month at all while my husbands gone with the laptop and tablet waiting for it to get fixed.
                              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                              sigpic

Comment

Getting a laptop to do what I tell it to.
                                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X