This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

The kid just acquired a roughly $1800 vet bill. Or so.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but lately I feel as if active posts are either utterly uninteresting, banal, and borderline spam or either extremely edgy and delicate.

In the former case, I'm just too uninterested to reply, and on the latter, I fear I might say something inadequate, wrong, ignorant, or just offensive without knowing.

It's so hard to reply to both kinds of post.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        The kid just acquired a roughly $1800 vet bill. Or so.
        Wow, for what?

Comment

It is now possible for Mario, Megaman, Sonic, and Pac Man to have a four-way brawl.

Today is truly a glorious day!
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I really need to quit scratching my arm, I burned myself pretty darned spectacularly and now it itches, but scratching tears out hunks of flesh and it's creepy.... Not to mention the odd wrinkled-loose-skin-on-my-arm-burns-thing I have going on right now...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
              I really need to quit scratching my arm, I burned myself pretty darned spectacularly and now it itches, but scratching tears out hunks of flesh and it's creepy.... Not to mention the odd wrinkled-loose-skin-on-my-arm-burns-thing I have going on right now...
              I have a scab on the back of my neck that has been there, for as long as I can remember, because I keep picking it.

I do not remember ever NOT having that scab to pick.

Every time I pick at it, I think, "I should stop, so this can heal"... I'm thinking that now.

Maybe this belongs in confessions.
              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I tweaked my back on the ride this weekend, and now it hurts to lift, twist, stand, sit, lay down, reach, grab, squat, and breathe. And I looked into physio - thanks to the remoteness of my location, there is an 8 week waiting list at the physio office. Or I can pay $150 a visit to see the private physio.

So...I bought some salve from the market today, and I'm going to eat some robaxacet tonight and hope for the best.

Mostly art.

Comment

Im wondering how the difference in birth rates effects the discrepancy between rich and poor. Rich people tend to be better educated and have better access to health care and birth control and are therefore a lot more likely to have fewer children. So if the poor had fewer children would the descrepency be smaller?
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Centipedes makes me want to vomit my kidneys out.
                    Millipedes, though, millipedes are cuddly little bastards and I adore them.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                      The millipedes in our house are named George. Even if we see two at once, they are both George.

Because we're weird like that.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                        Micr, snakes, spiders, who gives a fly f***, but centipedes? I will be on the highest table, shaking. You cant even put its dead carcass in the inside bin. I will not reenter that room.

And I used to have a huntsman called Kevin. He has 7 legs you see... He disappeared one holidays. I was sad.

I also know someone who lets one huntsman live in her house. She put a coloured dot of paint on him so she knew who he was. When red huntsman left, she did a green one, then a blue one. One day red came back! Haha
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          Wow, for what?
                          Emergency bowel resection, and associated fees (blood tests, xrays, etc).

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

Emergency bowel resection, and associated fees (blood tests, xrays, etc).
                            All that chilli food, various petroleums and bong water taking their toll?
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                              The millipedes in our house are named George. Even if we see two at once, they are both George.

Because we're weird like that.
                              I name all of the first fruit flies of the season Jeremy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                                All that chilli food, various petroleums and bong water taking their toll?

Uh no. The kid's vet bill was not for MY health care. It's for his/her dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X