X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I am thinking about how crappy I feel with this darn sinus infection. My head is killing me. Stop pounding head!
    Yep someone else is thinking what I'm thinking....
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Woke up after a night of cackling. Apparently that cackling has cleared up my throat issue. I can swallow with just a bit of pain now. Yay?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Got back in touch with a couple of truly fantastic friends tonight. I don't know how to describe the bond that we share, but it's something truly special to me. I love these guys to death. So many positive things have come into our lives from our little tribe, we've held each other through some bad times, and we've laughed with one another through even more good ones. Being around them tonight was truly a positive burst of energy. Just what I needed. I can't express how grateful I am for those beloved, no good, dirty, punk rock kids of mine

Comment

I'm thinking that there's not going to be a Get-Together, with everyone's schedules and plans changing up so much. I should find that depressing but, oddly, I find it is more like 'what I expected' to happen.

On a brighter note, I'll be doing a ton of grilling this weekend, and hanging out on the back deck. I need to move some broken branches out off the lawn, but can't, and need to mow, and can't do that either. So, fire up the grill and make some breakfast. Pancakes!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            I'm thinking that there's not going to be a Get-Together, with everyone's schedules and plans changing up so much. I should find that depressing but, oddly, I find it is more like 'what I expected' to happen.

On a brighter note, I'll be doing a ton of grilling this weekend, and hanging out on the back deck. I need to move some broken branches out off the lawn, but can't, and need to mow, and can't do that either. So, fire up the grill and make some breakfast. Pancakes!
            I'm sorry.

Mostly art.

Comment

My daughter is teething. It's a pain. She's refusing to nurse so I'm having to pump then feed her, pump, feed, pump, feed. And the pump isn't nearly as efficient as she is so it feels like I'm constantly pumping. Ugh. And she's only sleeping in very short spurts, no more than half an hour at a time. We're both pretty warn out. But, hopefully, I'll be home when she actually cuts her first tooth, seeing as it's a three day weekend.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

So, so, so ready to move out of my folks' place.
                I love my parents, but lately their well intentioned parenting has been frustrating me. I just got into a squabble with my Mom because she tried to give me advice about my car. For some reason it irked me to the ends of the earth.
                I have plans to move in with a roomie by the end of the summer. I'm more than ready. I'm 20, for god's sake. It's damn near time.
                My Mom and Dad seem reluctant to let me go. They've always had a tendency to be a little too coddling with my brother and I. When my brother moved out, my Dad used to drop by his apartment in the morning to wake him up for work.
                They ain't pulling that crap with me, if I have any say in it. I want to be responsible for myself. If I screw up, I'm an adult and I'll take the fall.

Comment

Ran my first duathlon today. I was slower than most, but I'm proud of myself for finishing under 1.5 hours.

Mostly art.

Comment

The main characters do things that I would not approve of nor do I believe even Deities of war approve of, but whenever I hear the characters in Vikings go talk about the Norse Deities and the old ways I feel compelled to cry joyous tears. To hear even fictional characters speak with such love of them warms my heart. It is rare that I hear anyone say such things. It makes me wonder if there is at least one believer among those responsible for the series.

Comment

My boss told me that 'Appearences are real life.'
                      I guess for some, this is a reality. I don't know if i can work for someone who is so materialistic. What's the point of having a huge, beautiful home if you cant afford to furnish it? How can you be happy trying to put on appearences for other people?

I definitely try to keep an open mind, but i can't help but feel bad for someone who truly believes life is all about appearences. What about the experiences? Trying to get over it, but it really struck a chord.

Comment

Originally posted by esotericS View Post
                        My boss told me that 'Appearences are real life.'
                        I guess for some, this is a reality. I don't know if i can work for someone who is so materialistic. What's the point of having a huge, beautiful home if you cant afford to furnish it? How can you be happy trying to put on appearences for other people?

I definitely try to keep an open mind, but i can't help but feel bad for someone who truly believes life is all about appearences. What about the experiences? Trying to get over it, but it really struck a chord.
                        There's so much wrong with that appearances-are-life theory. Deception being chief among them. Add in a healthy dose of illusion, instant gratification versus long-term results, the temporary nature of appearances in a time-worn world, along with the afforementioned experiences, and suddenly appearances basically amount to fiction, an indulgent fantasy, with absolutely no meaning or truth behind it, at all.

That strikes a chord, there, for me, too.

Dreamworld is reality? I remember exploring that particular philosophy, extensively, while taking LSD. Some 30-some odd years ago. Delusions ARE reality, in the same way illusions are. Nothing is real.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Does anyone else feel more comfortable expressing themselves on here than on any other website? I just feel so much less judged on here than I do on say, facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                            Does anyone else feel more comfortable expressing themselves on here than on any other website? I just feel so much less judged on here than I do on say, facebook.
                            I divulge more about me here but I express a bit more of my customary obscenity elsewhere. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              I divulge more about me here but I express a bit more of my customary obscenity elsewhere. Does that count?
                              Close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                                Close enough.
                                Then yeah, I'm far more comfortable with my PF friends than many/most of the acquaintances on other sites. I wonder why that is...

Comment

Working...
                                X