This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Why I do not have any fish...I prefer animals that can kind of fend for themselves like a Cat..food,water and a litter box,and they are fine.(Why I am a Cat person)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Comment

That's so sad Corvus. It wasn't like you did it on purpose, and you know better now, so please don't blame yourself. This is why I prefer coldwater fish. They're less high maintenance. I always take it badly when any pet dies, so I have to pick things that last a while. It's why I don't have a hamster. I still get tearful when I talk about my last one I had.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Today I got all nostalgic,I guess its just my age catching up with me..It is kind of weird remembering things I have not thought about in many years.

Not sure if it is just a thing when you are older,I seldom dwell on the past..more looking to the future..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Have a machine used primarily for web surfing that I'm sticking 10 on. It'll be interesting to see how it goes....

And how many windows features I'll be turning off.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Sorry about your fishees Corvus. I had the same thing happen to our tank. One day fish just started dying. Every day I was like what happened? One day they were all gone. We had to re do the whole tank and now have new happy fishees.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm getting my undercut redone tomorrow, and then on Wednesday, getting a rainbow dyed into it.

I will post pics!

Edit: Also, I dyed my tips blueish-sorta this morning with food colouring and vinegar. It's supposed to only last a day or two, which is why I did it. I kinda like it. My hair is suuuuuuuuuuper dark, and doesn't take to dye, so it's like a deep midnight colour. It's neat.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm just kicking myself because I know I'm supposed to do frequent water changes when I first set up a tank, but I just didn't think of it as first setting up a tank. At least I had them for a few months, so it's not like I'm incapable of taking care of them. I just feel bad.
                  Circe

Comment

It's okay, Corvus, everyone screws up once in a while. You don't have to feel bad.

Comment

I think I will get up early tomorrow and kayak on Fletcher Pond...
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm frustrated by the fact that while I dislike the way the company treats (or more accurately, treated since I don't know how things are going now) both it's employees and it's customers, I am very much drawn into the Warhammer 40k universe. Be it the lore, the games, etc, it doesn't matter. But every time I get the urge to possibly start back into it, I remember how Games Workshop treated me and the people I was friends with while I worked there.

Comment

A little messy, cuz my skin is dyed still, but....

Its that one time of year where I'm gay on the inside AND the outside! (Who am I kidding, I wear plaid jackets all year round)
                          Attached Files

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            A little messy, cuz my skin is dyed still, but....

Its that one time of year where I'm gay on the inside AND the outside! (Who am I kidding, I wear plaid jackets all year round)
                            You look like a row of flavored icicles is on the back of your head. I want to grab one! Very awesome.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                              I'm frustrated by the fact that while I dislike the way the company treats (or more accurately, treated since I don't know how things are going now) both it's employees and it's customers, I am very much drawn into the Warhammer 40k universe. Be it the lore, the games, etc, it doesn't matter. But every time I get the urge to possibly start back into it, I remember how Games Workshop treated me and the people I was friends with while I worked there.
                              Scott reads the books....but he won't play anymore.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                Scott reads the books....but he won't play anymore.
                                I've been reading one of the books that I have here and am as engrossed in it as I ever have been. Since I stopped working for them ten years ago, the prices have literally doubled and the majority of the models are now made of the much cheaper plastic rather than metal. They've developed a bad habit of only rushing product that are the company "favorites", letting the others languish until all other options for update have been exhausted, and where once their goal was to have a minimum of two stores in each state, they've closed all the stores in whole sections of the county, such as New England.

I still have a large amount of models packed away, both painted and unpainted, but I doubt anything will ever happen with them other than to eventually throw out the plastic and melt down the metal to make pendants, runes, and other fun stuff. It makes me a little sad though, because while I worked for them, they were driven, prosperous, affordable, and had a huge following in the stores I worked in. Also, some of the best friends I had I made while working there. But now ... well, as they say, all good things.

Comment

Working...
                                X