X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

I still have a large amount of models packed away, both painted and unpainted, but I doubt anything will ever happen with them other than to eventually throw out the plastic and melt down the metal to make pendants, runes, and other fun stuff. It makes me a little sad though, because while I worked for them, they were driven, prosperous, affordable, and had a huge following in the stores I worked in. Also, some of the best friends I had I made while working there. But now ... well, as they say, all good things.

You can sell those on craigslist or ebay for some good money (less than what you paid, yeah, but still good). I sold my sisters of battle army (and it was a tiny army) for 150, painted like crazy Amazon women (my goal was being lost in a time stream on a jungle planet and going tribal). Scott sold his Space Marines and assorted random other stuff for 250.

He says he'd maybe play again, if he could afford it...but probably not because no one else can afford it either.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

If anyone needs me, I'm going to sit in my room and drink.

EFF planning pride festivals. I'm gonna stress to the max!

Mostly art.

Comment

I really need to stop disappearing for endless amounts of time >.> I miss you all lol
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back...How is Ohio treating you..?
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            Welcome back...How is Ohio treating you..?
            *shrugs* Ohio just fine....the people in it in the middle of downtown Dayton dealing with their completely drunk idiotic selves is a completely different story. However, I start a new job on the 17th where I'm getting out of the food industry entirely so yay lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
              *shrugs* Ohio just fine....the people in it in the middle of downtown Dayton dealing with their completely drunk idiotic selves is a completely different story. However, I start a new job on the 17th where I'm getting out of the food industry entirely so yay lol
              Oh my god welcome back Yorin!!!

Food industry sucks, glad you're able to get out of it. What's your new job going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                Oh my god welcome back Yorin!!!

Food industry sucks, glad you're able to get out of it. What's your new job going to be?
                Distribution center for Payless. Backbreaking warehouse work, but I get to go in, do my job, and get out and forget dealing with the public minus working on my studio which is perfect enough for me lol
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't been on PF for a while -> ended up chatting on a Buddhist forum.

This never ends. *sigh*
                  baah.

Comment

Thinking about how it always takes for-bloody-ever in the social security office.

Also, hi. I missed you guys!
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

While paddling about on Fletcher Pond (actually, floodwaters of the south branch of the Thunder Bay River and more of a lake) I saw some HUGE snails. I was pretty sure they are not native to Michigan, so I grabbed one to bring home.

It turns out that it is a Chinese Mystery Snail, an invasive species loose from the aquarium trade and escaped from Asian food markets (the Mystery Snail I want for my aquarium is a tropical species and not invasive in Michigan).

The idea of a new mollusk to eat is interesting...

But, unless properly cooked, the snails may carry a parasitic nematode that causes meningitis.

I'm no longer sure about eating these things...

Decisions, decisions...

Fighting invasive species by eating them seems so resource efficient .
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        I support this.

Down with Asian carp!
                        A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                        --Albert Einstein

Comment

I support this.

Down with Asian carp!
                          Interestingly enough, Asian carp were also imported as a food source. I understand they are good smoked, but I've never tried it. I have had smoked sucker, though - it's about all suckers are good for, and they actually are good smoked so I'm willing to try carp.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

There's actually some events in South Florida where people try to catch the biggest lionfish (an invasive species from the Pacific) and then eat them. These events are in the Keys from what I've heard. I'll have to go to one some time.

Comment

Interestingly enough, Asian carp were also imported as a food source. I understand they are good smoked, but I've never tried it. I have had smoked sucker, though - it's about all suckers are good for, and they actually are good smoked so I'm willing to try carp.

They are very bony. A huge problem, I believe, in the Mississippi River system.
                              A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

They are very bony. A huge problem, I believe, in the Mississippi River system.
                                Yeah - they are also a huge concern here in the Great Lakes & associated rivers. The DNR is investing big money in eradication efforts, but they will almost inevitably fail.

Comment

Working...
                                X