X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
    How difficult it can sometimes be to classify bugs. Firstly, I have to look it up on NatureShare, and if I can't find it there, I need to flip through a guide on bugs in North America. When that doesn't work, I need to search it up on Google. I couldn't identify a species in one of my photographs for a whole year. I only recently found out what it was. This problem is exacerbated when dealing with larvae, because you have to use the book or Google using vague search terms that can bring up totally unrelated images.
    Yeah I remember thinking how impressive it was how detailed the classification was! I could never do that, I wouldn't have the patience. There are SO many species of bug O.o

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
    Don't pay attention to that. You're awesome. :3
    Aw well thank you
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
      How difficult it can sometimes be to classify bugs. Firstly, I have to look it up on NatureShare, and if I can't find it there, I need to flip through a guide on bugs in North America. When that doesn't work, I need to search it up on Google. I couldn't identify a species in one of my photographs for a whole year. I only recently found out what it was. This problem is exacerbated when dealing with larvae, because you have to use the book or Google using vague search terms that can bring up totally unrelated images.
      Try this website: http://www.whatsthatbug.com/

Mostly art.

Comment

Great site,got it book marked now.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          I'll be saving that too when I get home. I never did find out what those bugs that swarmed early last summer were. People on facebook kept saying they were ants and I got frustrated with them (they were definitely not ants, and it was too early for those anyway). Even after explaining that these had two sets of wings, the first pair forming a case, typical of beetles, they were still insisting they were ants. I gave up. They seem like a member of, or related to, the rove beetle family to me, but I couldn't get close than that with it...

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Chocolate martinis. Bloody Marys', and Horseradish vodka.

Also, I wish there was a reset button to my brain like there is for my computer so I could wipe out all the old, disconnected, broken connections and start from scratch. Or maybe that's called a severe concussion...

Comment

Chorizo and papas for dinner. Now I just have to get up and go cook it. Sigh. I just got home from work.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My new roommate is hot. This is a problem.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  My new roommate is hot. This is a problem.
                  Why is this a problem?

Comment

Coconut and lime margaritas, and super hot boneless buffalo wings. Why didn't I think of this last night when I didn't have to go to work the next day?

Comment

I think I'm going to start a religion worshiping Wolverine. I mean, he's as immortal as you are gonna find now a days. Who's with me?!

Comment

My rat has cheerio breath. And she's sticking her nose up my nose.

What exactly am I doing with my life again?
                        Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          I think I'm going to start a religion worshiping Wolverine. I mean, he's as immortal as you are gonna find now a days. Who's with me?!
                          Memememememememememememememememememeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee1

Is it actyally wolvie, or hugh, or hugh as wolvie?

I"m good with any of the above.

Gambit was my fave if we go with straight xmen, but with the hugh factor...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Gambit was my fave if we go with straight xmen, but with the hugh factor...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                            I might have to excommunicate joo.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

My mom will literally watch anything with Hugh Jackman in it, even if the movie itself sucks.
                              "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I decided to take a look at my neighbors' wifi names. See if anything was funny.

Chavez Family
                                Nicko
                                The Avalos
                                Wolverine

guess which one is mine?

Comment

Working...
                                X