This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I remember seeing an article about a gorilla that would sit perfectly still by the glass, and when someone would peer in at him ... BAMM! He'd slap it really hard then sit back and laugh. Then he'd wait, and sit still, and wait ... then BAMM! He was totally entertaining himself by scaring the gawkers.

Comment

Meercats and hippos and monkeys, oh my! Sounds like fun!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Didn't get the job... and the only reason being they were worried I didn't have enough management experience. I'm gonna back to my corner and cry some more.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
          Didn't get the job... and the only reason being they were worried I didn't have enough management experience. I'm gonna back to my corner and cry some more.
          That sucks, sorry to hear it. Keep your head up, one door closes, another opens.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I realised tonight that the way I speak to my loved ones is a reflection of my internal self-talk. Is this true for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
              I realised tonight that the way I speak to my loved ones is a reflection of my internal self-talk. Is this true for you?
              God, I hope not.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                No, not for me. It's going to sound weird, but my style of talking varies. When I talk with myself it's more Djehuty-like. With my loved ones (depends who), it's either Djehuty or Bast - like. Usually it's Bast-like. When they are in trouble or if we talk about a serious subject I switch to Djehuty style. Weird, I know. But that's how it works with me.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                  No, not for me. It's going to sound weird, but my style of talking varies. When I talk with myself it's more Djehuty-like. With my loved ones (depends who), it's either Djehuty or Bast - like. Usually it's Bast-like. When they are in trouble or if we talk about a serious subject I switch to Djehuty style. Weird, I know. But that's how it works with me.

Maybe I'm missing some here but what is Djehuty-like or Bast-Like? I am assuming it's tone and presence but figured i'd ask to make sure.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                    Maybe I'm missing some here but what is Djehuty-like or Bast-Like? I am assuming it's tone and presence but figured i'd ask to make sure.
                    It's a way of speaking, monsno. It's going to be hard to explain. I'll try. Djehuty-like is a calm and collected. For instance when someone asks me for advice. Maybe even formal.. Just maybe.
                    Bast-like is when I mess around, like with the cats.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                      It's a way of speaking, monsno. It's going to be hard to explain. I'll try. Djehuty-like is a calm and collected. For instance when someone asks me for advice. Maybe even formal.. Just maybe.
                      Bast-like is when I mess around, like with the cats.
                      So sounds like one is sort of formal and structured where the other is more informal and free flow, almost sort of playful banter I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking I was diagnosed to be suffering from severe sleep apnea and got a CPAP machine two days ago. Last couple of nights have slept better than I can remember since starting the machine but now I feel almost exhausted and tired all the time for the last two days of using it. Wife keeps saying its my body trying to catch up on all the sleep I've not been getting and the stresses it caused on the body. Hopefully will pass in a few days as far as getting tired so fast and wanting to sleep all the time.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        So sounds like one is sort of formal and structured where the other is more informal and free flow, almost sort of playful banter I suppose.

\
                        Yeah, pretty much that.

Comment

So last week I formally swore into the US Army. It is an exciting time in my life, and I am proud of myself. Now as I inch closer to my ship date I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for my time away. Should be an adventure.

Comment

Good luck with your time in the service..it can be an adventure...
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                              So last week I formally swore into the US Army. It is an exciting time in my life, and I am proud of myself. Now as I inch closer to my ship date I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for my time away. Should be an adventure.
                              Good luck to you!

Comment

So Gleb,when is your time for service going to be.? When you turn 18,right?
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X