X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    This has really struck me deeply. It is actually one of the things I'd imagine over and over when my anxiety was at it's worst. I too work nights, and have been in the position of being unable to leave right away, and see JP after he'd been mugged and was in hospital with a broken leg. The anxiety probably started around then. For a while, I'd feel absolute terror as I put the key in the door, in case I came in and found him butchered in his bed. I would imagine seeing my cat walk up the hall through the glass door, and noticing she's covered in blood.

So please believe me when I say I've been deeply, deeply shocked by this and my deepest most heartfelt prayers go out to her and her poor innocent baby. I've another prayer for you too, as I imagine this will have affected you as well. I know I would take it very badly if something like that happened to a colleage. I'm so, so sorry.
    I appreciate all of this. Things like this cast a dark cloud over so many people. I can't even begin to fathom her pain, and will fear that helpless feeling.

I'm trying desperately to think of some sort of kind gesture to send her way over the next few days, I have no idea where to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
      I appreciate all of this. Things like this cast a dark cloud over so many people. I can't even begin to fathom her pain, and will fear that helpless feeling.

I'm trying desperately to think of some sort of kind gesture to send her way over the next few days, I have no idea where to begin.
      I wish I could help, but honestly, I wouldn't know what to do either. That poor girl has had the life she knew, everything she had, taken from her. I guess you could begin by asking her if she needs anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also..

Originally posted by iris View Post
      I started learning it when I was 13^^ so I had it in school for 5 years, I liked German teen magazines better than Danish ones so I read a lot og German. And spent a lot of time in Germany when I was a kid. I also just have a weird memory and a gift for learning languages.
      I can believe that! You wouldn't believe the amount of people who think I'm either point blank lying, or exaggerating when I tell them JP can speak Japanese without having ever studied it. He picked up everything just by listening and looking up words he didn't know on jisho.org. His grammar is obviously poor and child-like, but he is understood just fine by our Japanese friends, and at least sounds more fluent than some of the people I know who have been studying for 3 or 4 years. One Japanese friend recently told me that JP's accent is so good, that he'd sound like he grew up there if it weren't for his grammar! So I definitely believe that there are a few rare people with some kind of heightened aptitude for languages. As though they've retained that 'child brain' that allows very young children to pick up languages much more easily.

Sadly, I'm not one of those few. So I have to settle for constant practice and reinforcement, and accept that even after looking up a word 10 times on jisho.org, it ain't gonna stick unless I bang it into anki and drill it for eternity... (Not bitter.. honest...).
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Clouds are coming in and it's been overcast all day. Does this mean we'll get rain? *prays so hard*
        She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I'm thinking who would've thought cats and salt would be such a volatile topic.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Isn't salt for birds tails???? then cats and birds,must be a coded message in there somewhere..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I'm thinking who would've thought cats and salt would be such a volatile topic.
              Its because we should be talking about cats and abs.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Thinking about how I wish I knew how to belly dance, pole dance and use poi's. All at the same time. Sort of at the same time.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  Thinking about how I wish I knew how to belly dance, pole dance and use poi's. All at the same time. Sort of at the same time.
                  Poi is easy. There are some GREAT tutorials on youtube.

Mostly art.

Comment

Belly dance is super fun
                    She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Is still alive and home, still painful but going to be all good. Can get back to somewhat normal activity in a few days.... no horseback riding though grrr

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Its because we should be talking about cats and abs.

I actually adore this.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          I actually adore this.
                          I know, right!?!

A girl I work with sent it to me because "it seems like your kind of quirky amusement". Not sure if that was a compliment or an insult, but it's accurate!😉
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

I should have become a doctor.

Comment

I need to be awake in 6 hours and this just has all of my nope.
                              Circe

Comment

I have been staying up far too late and doing too little.
                                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X