This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

...was offered the job in GA about 15 minutes ago...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Glad for you if this is what you wanted...seems this would ease your mind about transitioning to a new area.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

If I could just get some energy back, I could be so productive.
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Awesome
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Congrats if this is a good thing for you!

I'm super excited. I finally got all my furniture moved between my bedroom and studio room. Now I've got more room and actual spots set up for each of the things I work with. I've got my computer station, wood burning and leather work, my glass top sketching table, and then my clay/craft table. Also since I hijacked the old bedroom, not only do I have a regular closet I can set up shelves in to store paint or whatever-I've also got a walk in closet that's really a smaller room that I plan on using to store all my wood and glass stuff and anything else that will fit in there. I'll post pictures once I finally get everything properly organized
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Congrats Thal!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just watched the news... mistake. But really, there was a short report from the US, with a debate between the republican candidates I think (think. Politics don't actually interest me much)... I don't want to offend anyone here. But I have rarely seen anyone spout as much hateful, ignorant bs as Trump did in 20 seconds... really? Why is he a candidate?
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Many are asking that question,as to why he is ahead,I myself do not understand. As I said in another post,if he gets elected,the American people will get what they deserve,because they will have voted stupidly.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Many are asking that question,as to why he is ahead,I myself do not understand. As I said in another post,if he gets elected,the American people will get what they deserve,because they will have voted stupidly.
                    He won't win. I think he's ahead because he's more entertaining to watch than the other candidates. I think the doctor guy is second in the lead for repub's. Funny how neither leading rep candidates are politicians. That says a lot, in my opinion.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Today has been pretty awful. College dropped me from classes without warning due to a failure to confirm classes. I've been distracted by the fact that they haven't processed my aide money for two weeks and have been badgering me about paying my tuition and fees- but, of course no notice about confirming classes. At points like this I find it hard to believe the college system has any interest in assisting me when extortion could instead occur. I've re-registered for my classes, so hopefully everything works fine now.

On a better note, I've been offered to the position of high priest in my coven- provided I complete a period of training. I'm quite excited about the prospect but I'm unsure if I will accept yet. We're planning to begin some major restructuring and it would be better to wait to see the direction that that will go in before accepting this position. I feel quite honored though.
                      Circe

Comment

Excellent!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                        Today has been pretty awful. College dropped me from classes without warning due to a failure to confirm classes. I've been distracted by the fact that they haven't processed my aide money for two weeks and have been badgering me about paying my tuition and fees- but, of course no notice about confirming classes. At points like this I find it hard to believe the college system has any interest in assisting me when extortion could instead occur. I've re-registered for my classes, so hopefully everything works fine now.
                        We just got the call from my youngest daughter's college that her payment is late - we couldn't find anybody willing to give her (us) a loan until just before classes started, and it is still "in process"...
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Tiny Kittens. It's that lady who does the non-profit stuff with the live kitten cams somewhere on the western side of Canada. I just found out that her most recent foster is an 8 week old feral that they found who only has stumps for his back legs! ( They think it must have happened shortly after birth, but the brave, determined little guy has managed to fight and survive this long in the wild. To be totally honest, the brief story they gave got me more than a little weepy.

This weekend their caretaker is away so he'll be spending time at the vet so I don't think there will be any live cams of him, but I'm sure there will be updates from time to time. From what I understand, he's been measured for some wheels, and a local school has even offered to donate the usage and expense of their 3d printer to make him whatever he needs! Even so, here's a link to his page. http://livestream.com/tinykittens/cassidy

Comment

Kicking ass at Grif-ball because it's a rainy day

Comment

The only thing consistent across the board in women's fashion is a)if a shirt is really pretty it's "handwash only" and b)fake pockets.

Grr.
                              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                                Tiny Kittens. It's that lady who does the non-profit stuff with the live kitten cams somewhere on the western side of Canada. I just found out that her most recent foster is an 8 week old feral that they found who only has stumps for his back legs! ( They think it must have happened shortly after birth, but the brave, determined little guy has managed to fight and survive this long in the wild. To be totally honest, the brief story they gave got me more than a little weepy.

This weekend their caretaker is away so he'll be spending time at the vet so I don't think there will be any live cams of him, but I'm sure there will be updates from time to time. From what I understand, he's been measured for some wheels, and a local school has even offered to donate the usage and expense of their 3d printer to make him whatever he needs! Even so, here's a link to his page. http://livestream.com/tinykittens/cassidy
                                I am all over that live kitten cam lady (Shelly) like nobodies business. There are a number of things live kitten cams cure.... My depression is one of them. Tip, the other cat they have a live cam of, is got 12 babies she is currently mothering, 7 she adopted from a feral moms litter. It's all live cams of rescue kittens. It really emphasizes the need to get your pets fixed! But little Cassidy gets to me, he's got it so much harder than my little 3 legged kitty, but once he has walking assistance he will be strong, he will never realise he is different. I have a kitten problem, but watching this has made me want to get involved with TNR at my local shelter. The problem is they don't have one, so it would be something someone would have to start... Which I'd do but the idea is overwhelming. So that's what I've been thinking about for a while now.
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X