This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Lost 3lb in the first 24hrs of cabbage soup diet! That's more than I ever lost in a day by starving myself, and I didn't even wake up hungry. I guess losing that much supports my theory that my recent weight gain was mainly water retention from all the salty food I had the other week. If I lose another 3lb today, I think I'll come off the diet tomorrow. A week would be far too much. I only gained 7lb altogether, and I didn't mind being a pound or two heavier. Either way, what a lovely lesson in the power of working with my body!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Got a new phone. Samsung Galaxy 6. Nice thing it is. I'll have to get used to it but at least I'm not restricted when it comes to music. Yay!
      Gods bless technology!
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Yeah yeah, here we go again with M&H taking about that damn kitten.

I don't really know why this story has struck me so powerfully. Sure, there are thousands of cats born every day, and I know that many of them don't reach adulthood due to predators, stupid humans, nature itself, or accidents. I get it, I really do. It's the nature of it all, right? But for some reason, this little kit has got me telling everyone about him, tugs so strongly at my heartstrings, and has me rooting and praying for him daily. Yeah, he's struggled and fought, but so many other animals do and so do lots of humans. Every day. But there's just something about it ...

Maybe it's that there's a woman out there who feels and cares and loves so much that she's willing to sacrifice her time, money, sleep, part of her home, and were attention just to make sure that this guy has a chance. Sort of like tossing out a bit of hope for humanity in a world where you can't seem to turn on the tv without seeing something horrific that one of our own species has done to themselves or to other creatures.

Or Maybe it's because Cassidy has SO much fight, SO much strength, that I think there's a lesson to be learned from his example, of never giving up. He's cute, and sure all kittens are cute, but he's like a steel fist inside a velvet glove, all soft and gentle on the outside yet filled with such resolve on the inside.

Or maybe I feel like there's something profound that he is going to be able to do, just by making it and being alive. Maybe there's a little boy or girl who suffers from a handicap is going to fall in love with him and the pair of them will become inseparable, showing the world just how strong they can be because of each other.

I don't know, but it's utterly touched something within me, and he's gotten those two tiny paws wrapped around my heart even though I've only seen him from pictures, a story, and a live webcam from hundreds of miles away. When I tell people about him, they sort of say "aww, that's so sad and so cute", and then try to hid the look of confusion as to why I think it's a big deal. I guess I can't really explain it to them what I can't explain it to myself.

Comment

I have missed your faces tons the last few days. Lets just keep it short and sweet and say its been crazy. I hope you all have been well, and I'm to lazy/tired to read all I have missed tonight so I'll save it for tomorrow.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Ugh. Was up until 1:30 cause I've been writing and can't seem to stop now. And my daughter decided she didn't want to wait until 8 to get up like she usually does when I don't wake her up at the crack of dawn so here I am six hours later, wide awake. I need more sleep. I'm gonna write now.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              Yeah yeah, here we go again with M&H taking about that damn kitten.
              No need to apologise. You're right, cats and kittens are suffering all over the world. There are some tragic stories just from my local area, that have kept me awake, reliving their suffering in my mind over and over for weeks. Now and then though, these horrible stories have a happy ending. Like brave little Cassidy's hopefully will. It's good to remind ourselves of the strength of that drive to survive.

I think even we humans, actually become stronger when faced with real life or death adversity, than we ever are when faced with more trivial things, because an unexpectedly high phone bill doesn't trigger that innate survival response in the way that being attacked by a shark, or falling down a 70.ft crevice of ice does.

The drive to survive no matter what, is amazing, moving and even life-affirming. Even more so when it's such a small, young and frail creature. So it's no wonder you've been so inspired by Cassidy's story. You're welcome to keep us all posted!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

eunuchs to almost complete strangers... Not to mention that those strangers were young, stylish women with whom I'd usually be awkward. And I was sober. So talking about kittens is not that bad!
                (Don't get me wrong, eunuchs are not my thing. Not that much! I swear!)

I'm thinking about quitting yoga. Again. Would be one thing less to hide/be ashamed of. Lol.
                baah.

Comment

Dreads, Week 5. They're actually starting to look a little like dreads!

Mostly art.

Comment

This was my 'day off'. The one day of my holiday that wouldn't be spent painting, buying carpet, hauling boxes of stuff between my mum's and mine so I can store it while she's selling the flat... just one day of doing sod-all.

Then I ended up sorting out my altar, which is in the study, and this led to me starting to sort out the study too.. Now I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff, with no end in sight. What was I thinking?

On the plus side, my altar is looking great! It's much better organised than the chaos that was there before!

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      Lost 3lb in the first 24hrs of cabbage soup diet! That's more than I ever lost in a day by starving myself, and I didn't even wake up hungry. I guess losing that much supports my theory that my recent weight gain was mainly water retention from all the salty food I had the other week. If I lose another 3lb today, I think I'll come off the diet tomorrow. A week would be far too much. I only gained 7lb altogether, and I didn't mind being a pound or two heavier. Either way, what a lovely lesson in the power of working with my body!
                      That's a lot of gas.

Thinking of relocating my hotel destination to San Diego. I've decided to add a third night! And now my trip looks like San Diego Zoo, Whale Watching and a trip to Balboa Park to check out some museums and the different gardens. I've spent a vacation there before, but it was over 10 years ago. So I'm thinking about taking the metrolink to Oceanside, then an hour train into San Diego and staying there. Now I must wade through Kayak and find myself a deal. So excited!

There was a thought about hostels. But to be honest as a 44 year old, I want my own room so at the end of the day I can drink my diet dr pepper in my own bed with my own tv in my jam jams all to myself.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        Dreads, Week 5. They're actually starting to look a little like dreads!
                        Ahem... pics please!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          That's a lot of gas.
                          Oh gods, don't even go there! >.< =3

5lb now. Not great after that first day, but enough that I should probably ease off after today. JP and I are going swimming this evening so I might even let myself have a glass of wine when we get back tonight! More than wine though, I just really want a rice cake with marmite and a little bit of butter.

Comment

I drank way too much last night and now it is morning and everything is awful
                            Circe

Comment

Booze will do that to ya.....
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

^I was just wondering today about those healthy drinks that promote themselves as 'feel good' or 'wellbeing' beverages. As if there was a 'feel sick' drink as well.
                                Then I remembered that alcohol exists.
                                baah.

Comment

Working...
                                X