This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

All my non-Christian friends seem to have seen the Christian kids show Veggie tales a ton growing up while I've never seen a full episode?

I can't help but see a correlation lol.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Despite everything that went wrong (and a lot of stuff did. Aside from my mom, an unknown person had picked up my bouquet and they had to make a new one for me in a few minutes. I was so stressed I forgot to bring it in to church) we had a nice wedding. We got married, we were surrounded by friends And today I spent an hour translating a message one of Torben's friends wrote in elder futhark. Anybody know anything about bind runes?
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Omg, omg, omg! Halo Guardians comes out on the 27th!! And Fallout 4 in November! *fangirl geek swoon... faints from excitement*

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
          Despite everything that went wrong (and a lot of stuff did. Aside from my mom, an unknown person had picked up my bouquet and they had to make a new one for me in a few minutes. I was so stressed I forgot to bring it in to church) we had a nice wedding. We got married, we were surrounded by friends And today I spent an hour translating a message one of Torben's friends wrote in elder futhark. Anybody know anything about bind runes?
          Yay! Now you can relax and enjoy!
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Congratulations Iris! Best of wishes to the both of you.

Comment

Congrats! I know a bit about them, what can I help you with?

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                Congrats! I know a bit about them, what can I help you with?
                Thank you I'm just really curious. I managed to make sense of most of it - and I'm pretty proud of that. But at the bottom of the page are 3 symbols I couldn't quite recognise. He says it's a bind rune translating to 'alu alu laukar' which means NOTHING to me. But I'm curious what to make of it.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Thank you I'm just really curious. I managed to make sense of most of it - and I'm pretty proud of that. But at the bottom of the page are 3 symbols I couldn't quite recognise. He says it's a bind rune translating to 'alu alu laukar' which means NOTHING to me. But I'm curious what to make of it.
                  Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean anything to me. Or at least, it didn't until I looked it up, since I was unfamiliar with it. Now, though, it does make sense.

"Alu" is a combination of Ansuz, Laguz, and Uruz, and can be basically translated into the word "ale", though that is it's mundane usage. While the word itself is "ale", the meaning behind the three runes together is rather quite different. Knowledge, balance, and strength creates a rather nice general bit of protection sort of bindrune, and the usage of the word when spoken is galdr, an incantation for such. In the mundane, ale is used for celebration, offerings, and toasts.

"LaukaR" itself can be translated to mean "leek" or "garlic". Again, it's a blending of the runes used and tapping into the vibrations of each of them. In addition to the three above, you've got Kenaz and Raido, which could be "cleansing fire" or "inspiration" and "a journey", respectively. In the mundane, leeks and garlic have been used for cleansing, flavour, and in healing.

So, throwing it all together, it could be looked at as "protection and guidance upon your new path", which is pretty appropriate for a wedding. Of course, this is how I look at it, and as with most things of an esoteric nature, pretty much everything anyone says is widely up for debate.

Comment

Congratulations Iris! Glad to hear everything came together for you. Good luck with the runes.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                    All my non-Christian friends seem to have seen the Christian kids show Veggie tales a ton growing up while I've never seen a full episode?

I can't help but see a correlation lol.
                    LOL I loved Vegetales even as a teenager, but never saw an episode as a child. Always enjoyed silly songs with Larry ^.^

Comment

Munin-Hugin got it spot on. It's an old inscription that's found commonly on runestones and lots of other artifacts (combs and amulets and bracteates and all sorts of stuff). Historically it wasn't written as a bindrune, but that's neither here nor there. It's one of the oldest and most consistent rune charms that we have actual archaeological examples for, and the range of items it was used on actually supports the current theories about what it's purpose was/is. If you google it you should get lots and lots of pages... it's a really common runic charm discussed in both anthropological/archaeological texts and old school esoteric rune texts.

Also congrats on the wedding It's over now and you can just enjoy being married!

Comment

Congratulations Iris!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful wedding, and you were surrounded by friends.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Despite everything that went wrong (and a lot of stuff did. Aside from my mom, an unknown person had picked up my bouquet and they had to make a new one for me in a few minutes. I was so stressed I forgot to bring it in to church) we had a nice wedding. We got married, we were surrounded by friends
                          Congratulations on the wedding!!!
                          That stinks about the bouquet, but it's nice they were able to come up with something so short notice!

Comment

I'm stunned at how Deepak Chopra can say so much, yet also say so little.

Comment

Congrats, iris, on the wedding! Any pics?

Originally posted by Somnath View Post
                              I'm stunned at how Deepak Chopra can say so much, yet also say so little.
                              I kind of agree. The same with Paulo Coelho.
                              baah.

Comment

Congrats Iris,many happy thoughts and may things always go your way.
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X