This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

^for me that's Mozart. Gives me the feeling that people have listened to his compositions long before I was born and will continue listening to them after I'm gone.

I'm going to have a fine night on a cruiser. Like, ummm, drinking coffee and hanging outside on the decks. And sitting in those fancy chairs facing the sea at the arcade place. :P Quite often people go on this cruises to buy (and consume) booze and shop at the tax free... I must be doing something wrong. But well, I'm just crossing the sea. It makes a nice setting for a story which I'd perhaps write some day.
    baah.

Comment

Here's one!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]4398[/ATTACH]
      I have always problems with avatars. I change them all the time or keep avatars I'm not really happy with. HUGE problems. My life is a bit empty, perhaps. :P

I'm still ridiculously tired because I visited a study counselor yesterday and she kept asking really difficult questions (with awkward silences and staring) and... and... and... Well, to sum it up, I feel like the famous dead horse in the saying. And my mind is a piece of crap and my neighbour is waving an axe on his backyard and burning something, there's some kind of a pyre and lots of blue smoke. Perhaps we'll have a pope.
      Whoot! Thanks, Nare!
      As for the neighbour - maybe you can ask him to stop if it bothers you.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Whoot! Thanks, Nare!
        As for the neighbour - maybe you can ask him to stop if it bothers you.
        no problem!
        It didn't bother me, it was actually quite fun to watch, I was just a bit confused on that day.
        baah.

Comment

Crazy People

Today I was at the subway and there was this crazy woman talking to herself about Jesus and she cursed about her husband and junk. I was standing beside her and then she left the train. Wow Crazy right!

Comment

Re: Crazy People

You could have just posted it in the rant or "what are you thinking about" thread... As for the situation - the woman is just weird. That's my opinion.
            Seriously, look more in the existing threads before posting new ones.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Did a phone interview last Wednesday for a baker/pastry position at a University in Appleton, and it scares me how well it went. She wants to meet in person and give me a tour of the facilities. We changed our vacation plans and are going up there in November. I emailed her and let her know and she promptly responded and has already picked a day and time frame. Its not fine dining by any means but it is back in pastry, and I would work with the school term. If I'm good enough I can even get the d term for the athletes and the catering during wedding season in August. I of course will have to find something part time during the summer break but I don't mind. I'm really excited about it. It doesn't even bother me that I'll be making the same thing I make now. Of course I haven't gotten it yet but I am very very hopeful.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Wishing you the best of luck my dear.
                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                Sneak Attack
                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

If you are working for a school district they might pay you in the summer if you are taking classes to advance your skills.... Something to think about.
                  The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                  I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Its a college. They have 3 terms. Fall term is September to the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. D-term for the athletes, which is December, and then Jan through June with a 10 break in March. August is wedding season for them, and they hold tons of weddings at the campus during that time. They have insurance 401k and vacation which is great. She mentioned that I can draw unemployment while school is not in session but I think I would just rather have a part time job or seasonal job during that time frame.

And thank you Juniper.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

car rental and hotel booked. All done
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thinking about whether I could just lie on this bed and listen to music through headphones. I'll never get used to sharing a room with someone
                        baah.

Comment

My First Day At AHRC

Today I went to AHRC for my first day and it was great. Everybody was friendly and we did like exciting things today. FIrst we introduced ourselves, then we have to write about what our realistic job will be like, we interview with a partner, then we have lunch and finally we have to build thinga out of legos. I build myself a car. It's was wonderful!

Comment

Re: My First Day At AHRC

Good to hear! I hope it keeps going as it has!

Comment

Re: My First Day At AHRC

I'm glad that it's going well

Comment

What should I make for dinner??? Pizza ladies and gents is not an option. I'm thinking pasta of some sort maybe meatballs, or going all the way to left field and a nice clam chowder or cream of mushroom soup.

Comment

Working...
                                X