X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by iris View Post
    The aurora borealis is supposed to be visible here tonight! I'm keeping my fingers crossed
    Weird. I just had a dream that I was looking for the aurora with a friend! ^^
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Weird. I just had a dream that I was looking for the aurora with a friend! ^^
      Hah. It might be visible in England too.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Hah. It might be visible in England too.
        It often is, over the North sea, so maybe. I'm at work so I won't get to see it anyway, but it would be really cool if I find out it really had been visible! The friend in my dream told me a few months ago that she'd love to see it some time. I had said then that we should go down to the sea some time when it's predicted and see if we can catch it. In the dream we were somewhere strange though, riding trains and buses in an attempt to catch it for some reason. The weird thing is, my friend is Japanese, so we speak to one another in Japanese most of the time. Yet in the dream we spoke English, and she had no accent! My subconscious totally rejects Japanese!

Weirdly, Volcaniclastic also mentioned the aurora in a post today. There's a glitch in the matrix for sure...
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It often is, over the North sea, so maybe. I'm at work so I won't get to see it anyway, but it would be really cool if I find out it really had been visible! The friend in my dream told me a few months ago that she'd love to see it some time. I had said then that we should go down to the sea some time when it's predicted and see if we can catch it. In the dream we were somewhere strange though, riding trains and buses in an attempt to catch it for some reason. The weird thing is, my friend is Japanese, so we speak to one another in Japanese most of the time. Yet in the dream we spoke English, and she had no accent! My subconscious totally rejects Japanese!

Weirdly, Volcaniclastic also mentioned the aurora in a post today. There's a glitch in the matrix for sure...
          I spent an hour at the top of a hill being eaten by bugs... but there's too much light pollution here to see it I think

The mind works in mysterious ways
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I spent an hour at the top of a hill being eaten by bugs... but there's too much light pollution here to see it I think

The mind works in mysterious ways
            This is probably why we tend to see the lights over the sea here; there's no light pollution out there. This is the lights as seen at St. Mary's Whitley Bay;

They're even better viewed from Scotland though. I guess because they're further north;

I think I might design a little meditation using northern light imagery in light of all of this. Seems fitting.

Comment

This is probably why we tend to see the lights over the sea here; there's no light pollution out there. This is the lights as seen at St. Mary's Whitley Bay;

They're even better viewed from Scotland though. I guess because they're further north;

I think I might design a little meditation using northern light imagery in light of all of this. Seems fitting.
              Wow... I am more than a little envious... it's gorgeous!
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Wow... I am more than a little envious... it's gorgeous!
                Don't worry, I am almost always at work when it happens, and St.Mary's is a 20 minute bus ride from my home anyway so I don't get to see the lights either! The lights are probably also visible from the coast at Tynemouth, which is closer to me, but it's still a little way to go to see something that may or may not be visible. I should try to see them though. Maybe I could convince JP to come down to the coast for a few glasses of wine one evening..

Comment

Found this on Youtube,very nice video of the lights.

- - - Updated - - -

I have wanted to see them real time forever...
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    Found this on Youtube,very nice video of the lights.

Absolutely breathtaking! I wonder what people in ancient times must have thought when they saw this. It would have been much more visible then too.

Comment

Hm. I didn't realize England got the northern lights, too. We have them all year round, daylight pending (aka, there are none now, because there is no daylight).

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                        Hm. I didn't realize England got the northern lights, too. We have them all year round, daylight pending (aka, there are none now, because there is no daylight).
                        I don't remember them being visible when I was a kid. I don't know what has changed though. I don't imagine climate would affect their visibility. I know the Earth wobbles on it's axis as it spins, so it could be something to do with that, moving us somehow closer to polar north... Any ideas? It's more your field.

Comment

I remember my parents getting me out of bed to see a spectacular display when I was young, living in Detroit.

I think it may have been the result of Starfish Prime (1962), because normally the Northern Lights can't be seen that far south, and definitely not in that outstanding of a display.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

The only time I've seen it is canoeing in Ontario. There was a really big one that was visible down into the northern most southern US states, but it was cloudy here.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              Apply for the job...if you get the job, do it and pay the bills (you'll have to see what you can do to scrimp somewhere), while you look for another job that pays more or for a second job.
                              I second this. Better to earn money while you can, even if it's not what you're hoping for, so you can stay afloat long enough for something better to come your way.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              My fave game on ps2 was MediEvil. I mean I had a crush on that lil skeleton dude. And Spyro the Dragon. Ahh...the young care free games.
                              Now I play bingo on fb and mahjong like an old lady.
                              I still own all my spyro games (all the spyro games released for ps1 and ps2). And Jaws Unleashed.

I think I'm going to donate the games next week and sell the console though. They wouldn't make it out to the EU with me anyway.

Comment

I don't remember them being visible when I was a kid. I don't know what has changed though. I don't imagine climate would affect their visibility. I know the Earth wobbles on it's axis as it spins, so it could be something to do with that, moving us somehow closer to polar north... Any ideas? It's more your field.
                                It could be the wobble of the earth on its axis, but to be honest, that doesn't change much over 30 years. It's more likely the electromagnetic field changing (which is what you're seeing when you see the aurora borealis)

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X