This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

Uh no. The kid's vet bill was not for MY health care. It's for his/her dog.
    Yeah thats me paying attention again.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      Yeah thats me paying attention again.
      I think that, if they were to bring me in, to the pet clinic, the vet bill would be a whole lot less. Vet's advice: "put him down." Debt incurred: cost of euthanizing a lame, old dog.

LOL

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Emergency bowel resection, and associated fees (blood tests, xrays, etc).
        Uh oh. What did he eat? Or should I say... what got stuck?

Comment

I think that, if they were to bring me in, to the pet clinic, the vet bill would be a whole lot less. Vet's advice: "put him down." Debt incurred: cost of euthanizing a lame, old dog.

LOL
          I would go to your doggy funeral.

RIP

You cut your hair short
          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            Uh oh. What did he eat? Or should I say... what got stuck?
            Along with the dead section of intestine, they pulled a mass of hair, tightly packed with fecal matter, out of him. Which seems really odd. He was pooping cat litter (clay) and vomiting cardboard. But it was hair that got stuck.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Along with the dead section of intestine, they pulled a mass of hair, tightly packed with fecal matter, out of him. Which seems really odd. He was pooping cat litter (clay) and vomiting cardboard. But it was hair that got stuck.
              You'd be surprised what gets stuck. Fabric is a big culprit and people often assume that it would break down. It doesn't. The clay may have compounded the issue but if he ended up with necrosed bowel it must have been a damn good obstruction.

The craziest thing we've pulled out of a dog is a spoon. The kids were feeding their Labrador icecream off a desert spoon and all of a sudden lost the spoon. We've also pulled out golf balls, bones, corn cobs, gravel (that was NOT fun), rocks, kids toys, bath toys (little squirty fish thing), flannels, bits of towel, sticks, plastic and unidentifiable masses of faeces and random crap that no longer resembles anything known to man. And yeah... $1800 doesn't surprise me in the least. He'd have paid close to that at our clinic.

Comment

That's kind of why the hair surprises me. Of all the things that he consumes, some of which you just mentioned, the one that doesn't pass is an animal protien. Hair. He'll pass a boot heel, 2 bras and several pairs of panties, in between rounds of cat litter, plants, cat toys and toilet paper tubes, but not hair.

That's like eating a turkey, including the aluminum roaster it's cooked in, and not digesting the skin, isn't it?

Comment

That's kind of why the hair surprises me. Of all the things that he consumes, some of which you just mentioned, the one that doesn't pass is an animal protien. Hair. He'll pass a boot heel, 2 bras and several pairs of panties, in between rounds of cat litter, plants, cat toys and toilet paper tubes, but not hair.

That's like eating a turkey, including the aluminum roaster it's cooked in, and not digesting the skin, isn't it?
                  His luck was bound to run out eventually!! The last dog we pulled rocks out of had been eating rocks for like 5 years and always gotten away with it... this time there were just a few too many.

Nah hair actually doesn't digest so well (hence cats get fur balls). Skin digests, the keratin in hair and nails not so much. The other thing is that hair can collect in the stomach and form casts that take a while to shift and start down the intestines. Plus the fact that the clay kitty litter probably made his poo like plasticine... plasticine clay poo plus a big wad of hair means a sticky solid mass that doesn't have the fibre content to shift through properly. Cats can get obstructed from hairballs too... it's just not at the top of the common obstructions list.

It's funny what some dogs get away with. We recently had a Maltese x Shih Tzu pass a man's sock. The sock must have been bigger around than her intestines, but it came through fine. The digestive system is very strange thing.

Comment

It's funny what some dogs get away with. We recently had a Maltese x Shih Tzu pass a man's sock. The sock must have been bigger around than her intestines, but it came through fine. The digestive system is very strange thing.
                    Bloody hell that poor freaking dog!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                    Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Oh, duh. Yeah I guess that turkey analogy would relate to the feathers, not the skin. Sorry. Forgot to load my mind beforehand. I think I'm better now.

Amazing things, these creatures. So resilient and yet so fragile.

This dog, of Tisha's, is the first I've seen with a goat-like diet, beyond goats even. I mean, outside of shredding a towel or a pair of shoes, snacking on cat turds, and whatnot, I never met a dog so into eating whatever it can get into it's mouth... and breaking down the things that won't fit. The boot heel came off of what's been dubbed 'hooker boots' around here, cuz they"re thigh high. Too big to swallow so Koda chewed the 4" or 5" heel off of one and swallowed that, whole.

I agree, Rae'ya. It had to catch up with him sooner or later. Poor dog. He has no taste in food or footware.

Comment

I'm tired of having a dog. All I can smell is dog, and all I see is a dog, and everywhere I walk, there's a dog, and I haven't seen my cat in two days.

I don't know why I thought this was a good idea. And I have no idea what to do with him tomorrow, because I'm definitely not allowed to bring him to work again. And I tried tying him up outside (I have 3 open acres of woodland) and that wasn't great, because he cried, and I walked to the edges of the property where it meets my neighbours cabins, and his howling is definitely audible over there, but I don't think I can leave him in the crate inside, because I'm often gone 12 hours without the ability to come back home for anything.

So my neighbours get 12 hours of crying, or my cat gets 12 hours of crying AND I get to clean up pee. This is literally the most stressful and unrewarding thing I've ever done.
                        Last edited by volcaniclastic; 11 Jun 2014, 09:19.

Mostly art.

Comment

I can't get ahold of the apartment's leasing office for confirmation of my application status. It's stressing me out. What happened to their voicemail option?? It was there yesterday???

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          I can't get ahold of the apartment's leasing office for confirmation of my application status. It's stressing me out. What happened to their voicemail option?? It was there yesterday???
                          Ok, the voicemail option is back. One day I'll figure out how to not be so nervous.

Comment

The millipedes in our house are named George. Even if we see two at once, they are both George.

Because we're weird like that.
                            It's not weird at all!! I love the little darlings. One summer all of my friends took to calling me the "millipede queen" because I loved them so much. I love how they feel pitter pattering up my arm, how cute they are when they curl up into a ball... just fantastic creatures.

Micr, snakes, spiders, who gives a fly f***, but centipedes? I will be on the highest table, shaking. You cant even put its dead carcass in the inside bin. I will not reenter that room.

And I used to have a huntsman called Kevin. He has 7 legs you see... He disappeared one holidays. I was sad.

I also know someone who lets one huntsman live in her house. She put a coloured dot of paint on him so she knew who he was. When red huntsman left, she did a green one, then a blue one. One day red came back! Haha
                            I absolutely agree. I think if I found one in my bed I might puke up every meal I'd eaten for the past 3 days. Yeesh.

Comment

When I was in college we had a few chocolate millipedes. First animals I handled there. Cutest things ever, with their tickley little legs.
                              They died shortly before I left though

Also, yes, centipedes are terrifying.
                              Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
                                When I was in college we had a few chocolate millipedes. First animals I handled there. Cutest things ever, with their tickley little legs.
                                They died shortly before I left though

Also, yes, centipedes are terrifying.
                                Reading all this, I dont think ive even seen a proper millipede. Just the teensy ones that end up in your house on cold mornings down in the south. Clearly missing out

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment