This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I have a fear of doctors, which is ironic because I used to study medicine. That fear extends to shrinks too, I figured that out a while back. But now, sitting on the train going to see my shrink I'm reminded of how bad it is. Every fiber in my body is telling me to turn around. I am scared of going to the person who can help me stop being scared. If I didn't have such a great appreciation of irony, it might be a bit tragic. But I try to laugh at it.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

This time next week my husband and I begin moving into our new home!! I'm crazy excited. Currently I'm going through all my possessions including clothing to decide what to give away and what moves with us. So therapeutic. I'm hoping for far less clutter in our new home.

Originally posted by iris View Post
      I have a fear of doctors, which is ironic because I used to study medicine. That fear extends to shrinks too, I figured that out a while back. But now, sitting on the train going to see my shrink I'm reminded of how bad it is. Every fiber in my body is telling me to turn around. I am scared of going to the person who can help me stop being scared. If I didn't have such a great appreciation of irony, it might be a bit tragic. But I try to laugh at it.
      How do you go through with it Iris? If I've learned one thing about fear, it's that rationalising just won't cut it in the moment. You must be very courageous.
      Last edited by MaskedOne; 10 Dec 2015, 04:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna
        How do you go through with it Iris? If I've learned one thing about fear, it's that rationalising just won't cut it in the moment. You must be very courageous.
        I can laugh it off for a bit, I can even stall an attack. I'm a master at supressing emotion (which is why I'm in this situation in the first place)... today, I spent an hour crying and shaking before I could leave.. I honestly don't know. I keep reminding myself it's fear, I know how it plays out, it will pass... Honestly I just get over myself, I don't know how. The same way I have terrible stage fright but keep getting on a stage. The firm belief that if I just keep at it I'll get used to it and it will stop scaring me, maybe... but I wouldn't say I'm brave, there are lots of things I avoid because I'm scared of fear. Some things just has to be done no matter how awful I feel. And I do feel awful... I don't really know why I found a shrink 1 hour away, it's an awful wait but I laugh, because a part of me sees how silly it is.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Humour is a good weapon in some cases.

I should go home and clean up a bit because it's mess. Next time when I get the flu I swear I won't throw tissues all around the floor...
          baah.

Comment

Sure Nare,sure..I understand that when you have the Flu,you believe you won't live through it,so toss those tissues where ever(I swear some flus I thought,"Just kill me")
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Sure Nare,sure..I understand that when you have the Flu,you believe you won't live through it,so toss those tissues where ever(I swear some flus I thought,"Just kill me")
              I'm just so lazy that I take the flu as an excuse to throw them around and wallow in decadence.
              baah.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                December 1986 I had a temp. of 105 for a few days and could only crawl on the floor to get anywhere other than bed. I thought I was dead. I think that fever explains a lot LOL
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Cadaver Lab on Tuesday gave me another reason to continue to lose weight.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                    In college, I took Anatomy at 8 a.m. one semester. No breakfast on dissection days!
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                      Nobody wants to be a flabby corpse - all the other corpses laugh at you.

The dead can be so cruel.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I have one totally unreasonable fear. I fight it every chance I get because I know that fear exists only to be conquered. It used to be debilitating but I have worked on it, a little at a time, in baby steps sometimes, to where it only bothers me under specific conditions. I fully intend to conquer it.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                          ... fear exists only to be conquered.
                          I can't say I have ever "conquered" a fear, it's most like just accepting they exist and carrying on anyway.
                          Once a man, like the sea I raged;
                          Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
                          And there is in fact more earth than sea.
                          Genesis lyric

Comment

If a fear doesn't stop you then you have conquered it. If the fear still controls your actions then it needs to be fought until it doesn't. Some fear is good but fear that is debilitating is never good. Phobias are fear that is unreasonable and debilitating. By your statement I will assume that you have never had a phobia.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Just thinking about this interesting chat i had yesterday. I love it when people try to tell me about my own diagnosis.
                              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Slept through my alarm again until the daylight. Now it's nearly 11am, and I'm just sitting down to breakfast. I need to stop doing this. My life is falling apart.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X