This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

I regret leaving so many friends behind, and yet I don't for some of them. Some you just have to cast off to let the anxiety of it all off your chest, no matter how difficult it may be.

Not to say that's standard procedure if you're upset with someone right away, only just if you know the relationship has realistically no possibility of benefiting either yourself or the other person. At least, that's how I see it.

Comment

I'm going to my shrink today, maybe... I usually have good instincts, so when my stomach feeling is that she isn't good for me, I get confused. Last time, I was a shaking wreck for a week after seeing her. She pulled me out of a hypnosis and sent me out the door 5 minutes later without talking about how I felt, and I didn't feel too great... so I don't know if maybe I should follow my guts and cancel, or if it's the anxiety messing with me. It's also one and a half hours away because the adress she said she used when I found her isn't the one she uses most often.... I really like her as a person, she reminds me of myself, but I'm not sure that's a good thing with a shrink. I'm thinking of finding someone else a bit closer.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Feeling so encouraged right now. A girl I know through the Japanese conversation group has landed herself a full time position as a Japanese translator. She's self-taught like me and doesn't have any qualifications other than the fact that her ability speaks for itself. Whenever I tell people I want to get into translation once my reading improves enough, I detect pity in their eyes. Like they're thinking 'yeah right, like it's that easy'. They probably aren't thinking this, but because I was thinking it myself, I was projecting. In the back of my mind, I was always thinking I'm chasing a hopeless dream and I'll be stuck doing this same job until I die, or retire.. whichever comes first. I know translation gets tedious after a while, and I know a lot of people who quit the second a better job came along, but at the moment I enjoy doing it as a hobby, and hopefully the fact that I had to work so hard to get the job, will make me appreciate it enough to forgive the monotony. I really want to do this.

Seeing a friend from the same region and similar circumstances, prove that it in fact can be done, has made me even more determined. It's the kick up the behind I needed too, because I've been seriously slacking in my studies for the last month or so. Maybe because I started to question what the point was.

I CAN do this!! I can, I can, I can!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          I've been up since 3am. It's only 18:30, but I'm prepping for bed. I'm so tired today.
          Its my day off, I fell asleep at 9:30 last night, was awake by 5:30 but I refused to get out of bed so I laid there till 7:30 cause I couldn't take it any more. Now I'm the only one awake in the house and have to be quiet so I don't wake anyone else up. The other early birds are already gone..
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I am on the last episode they have on Netflix of Wallander.

Comment

This is my 1st day off my 6th day work week. My body kept waking me up at 5am then 7am. I finally forced her to shut 'er down and go back to bed till 1 pm. I woke up and I'm all sore and stiff. Meh.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think I finally found a better spell checker for Firefox(My spelling sucks) and the checker that was built in was BAD.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                  I am on the last episode they have on Netflix of Wallander.
                  Which one, Swedish or British?
                  baah.

Comment

I'm thinking you know Medusa, don't post that. It's just going to make people cry. But it would make me oh so happy to just say it. But I'm not. I'm going to be a good internet person and follow Bill.

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Is Bill truly human...From my experience on the interweb,bill is a myth(Just look at the comments in ANY internet story)
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Feeling so encouraged right now. A girl I know through the Japanese conversation group has landed herself a full time position as a Japanese translator. She's self-taught like me and doesn't have any qualifications other than the fact that her ability speaks for itself. Whenever I tell people I want to get into translation once my reading improves enough, I detect pity in their eyes. Like they're thinking 'yeah right, like it's that easy'. They probably aren't thinking this, but because I was thinking it myself, I was projecting. In the back of my mind, I was always thinking I'm chasing a hopeless dream and I'll be stuck doing this same job until I die, or retire.. whichever comes first. I know translation gets tedious after a while, and I know a lot of people who quit the second a better job came along, but at the moment I enjoy doing it as a hobby, and hopefully the fact that I had to work so hard to get the job, will make me appreciate it enough to forgive the monotony. I really want to do this.

Seeing a friend from the same region and similar circumstances, prove that it in fact can be done, has made me even more determined. It's the kick up the behind I needed too, because I've been seriously slacking in my studies for the last month or so. Maybe because I started to question what the point was.

I CAN do this!! I can, I can, I can!
                        You can definitely do it, Jembru. Believe in your own power to do it! Prove everyone wrong and that you can achieve your dream. I believe in you. It's not going to be easy, definitely not. But you have the power to pursue your dream.
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Going to go do some exploring by myself today. I have had a few ladies out and about notice my necklace and point me in the direction of the local pagan store so I'm taking myself on a date to see the store and then half price books. Maybe even to grab a bite to eat.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also thinking of doing the Polar Plunge in February to raise money for the Special Olympics. I know I'm crazy but its for a good cause and its something I have never done.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I hope it won't rain tomorrow. I wanted to go to the zoo and relax a bit...
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

The blizzard/nor'easter headed to New Jersey. I'm 1100 miles away but I swear I feel it in my DNA. I'm so connected to "home" it's ridiculous. And just like pre-Sandy, where I am is sunny and gradually inching above freezing, yet I have the urge to make a big pot of beef stew or something like that, which is what I'd be doing if I was back there. Everyone in the affected areas, stay safe!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

It's snowing now and they are predicting 8-12" here in Morgantown, WV. I'm hoping that we pull through this with our electricity still on.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X