This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Thinking I'm going to die my hair blue black tomorrow. I want to look like a chola!
    j/k. But black hair with green eyes and pale skin. I'm going for a Mexican Gothic chica look.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Trying to figure out how I can get my iron levels up... I take iron pills, I eat foods high in iron, and drink tons of orange juice it is seriously low ALL the time, my hematocrit level sits at 35 (most women average at 40). Sorry would have posted in the women's health section in health and healing but its closed. Anyway any suggestions to help this out?
      Have you had your actual IRON levels tested? Because a low haematocrit is an indicator of low red blood cells, not low iron. The only time haematocrit and iron are directly related is if you have iron-deficient anaemia, which is not diagnosed through a haematocrit alone but with a full haematology panel that gives you the relationship between the PCV (packed cell volume), RBC (red blood cells) and the MCV (mean corpuscular volume). They also need to look at a blood smear to physically look at the age of the RBC before a true iron-deficient anaemia can be diagnosed (because iron-deficient anaemia causes abnormal RBC development). Women can also have a 'normal' low haematocrit during certain hormonal stages (like pregnancy) and if they have very heavy menstruation.

I have a diagnosed iron deficiency, but my haematocrit is perfectly normal. My doctor put me on a very specific iron tablet, because he said most of the iron tablets on the market are not very good because the body can't actually process the iron into a usable form. My iron tablets also have folate in them, which aids the body in digesting and metabolising the iron, plus they are slow release granules, which means better absorption than from the normal table form ones. You're supposed to take iron tablets on an empty stomach, but if eating iron from foods you should include plenty of vitamin C with the meal.

If I were you, I'd talk to the doctor about whether your anaemia is actually iron-deficient anaemia or whether that's just an assumption, and if it is, talk to them about WHICH iron pills to take.

Comment

They have chili limon pistachios at the mini mart. I'm about to go back for bag numbers 3 and 4.

My paycheck is hella fat. I guess I should pay off that credit card. I don't know what my boss did to put those pto hours on my check. But ok.

I just found out that the Judge Ross tv show is scripted and I refuse to watch it.

I just typed all of this while not looking at the keyboard. I'm awesome!

Comment

Something weird's happening in NJ. Weirder than usual, I mean! Sonic booms or something.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
            Have you had your actual IRON levels tested? Because a low haematocrit is an indicator of low red blood cells, not low iron. The only time haematocrit and iron are directly related is if you have iron-deficient anaemia, which is not diagnosed through a haematocrit alone but with a full haematology panel that gives you the relationship between the PCV (packed cell volume), RBC (red blood cells) and the MCV (mean corpuscular volume). They also need to look at a blood smear to physically look at the age of the RBC before a true iron-deficient anaemia can be diagnosed (because iron-deficient anaemia causes abnormal RBC development). Women can also have a 'normal' low haematocrit during certain hormonal stages (like pregnancy) and if they have very heavy menstruation.

I have a diagnosed iron deficiency, but my haematocrit is perfectly normal. My doctor put me on a very specific iron tablet, because he said most of the iron tablets on the market are not very good because the body can't actually process the iron into a usable form. My iron tablets also have folate in them, which aids the body in digesting and metabolising the iron, plus they are slow release granules, which means better absorption than from the normal table form ones. You're supposed to take iron tablets on an empty stomach, but if eating iron from foods you should include plenty of vitamin C with the meal.

If I were you, I'd talk to the doctor about whether your anaemia is actually iron-deficient anaemia or whether that's just an assumption, and if it is, talk to them about WHICH iron pills to take.
            So for the last month that I know of and have been told by nurses my iron levels have been very low, this is all based off my haematocrit levels. So I am going off what I have been told. Right now I am taking a iron supplement that is suppose to be slow release. I know they will be lower different times of the month but this is a consistent low. I am mainly just curious if there is anything else out that besides what I'm already doing to help raise those levels, I am not really sure if its something I should be overly concerned with. I also have not had it tested.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

So next month I'm moving to another city far from here. I have no friends nor family there. Also, my girlfriend is staying here and so are my parents. Yeah, I'm kinda worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Eofor View Post
                So next month I'm moving to another city far from here. I have no friends nor family there. Also, my girlfriend is staying here and so are my parents. Yeah, I'm kinda worried.
                Try to enjoy it. I moved across the country when I was 18. If it hadn't been for my anxiety, I would have loved it. And on days when my anxiety didn't act up, it was just about the best thing ever. It's big and scary, but it's also awesome. And internet and phones make it easy to stay in touch.

I've been thinking a lot lately, I've actually managed to pinpoint when my anxiety started. Summer vacation between 2nd and 3rd year of high school. Before I went on a 2 week trip with my parents I was just a somewhat shy girl, after we got home stuff started to scare me. I also remember going on a guided cave tour on the trip and suddenly being terrified - I've always loved those tours before. So something happened on that trip. Being unable to escape my mom might be it... but that's really considerable progress for me. I realized there was a time, some years ago, when I wasn't scared of everything. I'll get back to that state.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Something weird's happening in NJ. Weirder than usual, I mean! Sonic booms or something.
                  They figured out what happened.
                  Here.

A faster than sound military jet did the deeds. Am I they only one old enough to have heard sonic booms as a child?

- - - Updated - - -

They restricted flights over populated areas because of the complaints about the first sonic booms from faster than sound flights.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Might be true, might not.
                    sigpic

Comment

Was reported by the military..doing faster than sound off the Jersey shore.

Here.

Blame the Navy

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yup....like I said, might be true, might be aliens, might be some experiment we don't know about. We'll never know anything except what they tell us. The truth is out there.....(I love that X-Files is back LOL)
                        sigpic

Comment

Decided to finally sit down and file my taxes. Mind you I have to use a secret pin and stuff. I thought it was going to be a hassle. Turbo Tax and 20 min of me answering yes/no made it a breeze. Plus my adp paysite just uploads to Turbo Tax my w-2 info. I got a refund of $1380.

And with my paycheck I finally was able to start back up my savings account.

All in all a nice ending to a relaxing 2 days off.

And now to bed. I have to terrorize people from 11-7 tomorrow. :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            Yup....like I said, might be true, might be aliens, might be some experiment we don't know about. We'll never know anything except what they tell us. The truth is out there.....(I love that X-Files is back LOL)
                            Jersey Devil,anyone????

Weird NJ

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

One of my best friends when I was a kid, and when I lived in the other end of the country, is now in the paychiatric ward. She's developed some form of psychosis, possibly schizofrenia. Haven't seen her since my wedding, but I've talked to her. I knew she was feeling stressed, had no idea it was this serious...
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm thinking I should really apologize to those in the Valentine's Day card exchange for the vomit inducing level of cuteness I'm about to inflict upon them
                                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X