This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I've been too caught up in trying desperately to feel attractive. I go through phases of this - where it's incredibly important to me that others find me attractive, especially my wife - but it's always linked to times when my depression is kicking my ass. It just ends up creating a nasty cycle because I never feel attractive no matter what I do - and my depression just continues trucking along. I think I need pills. :angst:

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
      I've been too caught up in trying desperately to feel attractive. I go through phases of this - where it's incredibly important to me that others find me attractive, especially my wife - but it's always linked to times when my depression is kicking my ass. It just ends up creating a nasty cycle because I never feel attractive no matter what I do - and my depression just continues trucking along. I think I need pills. :angst:
      Let's go halfsies on the pills!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thinking about moving to an apartment in town, so I can finally get some good (as in not from centurylink) internet and live a manageable distance from a grocery store.

I hate living out in the sticks, everything that's anything is a forty minute drive away! Maddening.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I am thinking about how I really need to figure out what I'm going to do with my life, and it sucks because I've never lived enough or experienced enough to know what makes me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDorothy View Post
            I am thinking about how I really need to figure out what I'm going to do with my life, and it sucks because I've never lived enough or experienced enough to know what makes me happy.

Figuring out what makes one happy is a good thing to do with one's life.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well kids,life happens despite your being happy or not. The secret is just live,and you may find something that makes you happy. After 67 years,at times I still wonder about happiness. Learn to find something that churns your emotions,good or bad,and find the least bothersome.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

The dog escaped my covered patio (screened in) and I found him running around the property when I came home.

Now I don't even have a secure place to put him, since apparently he can jump six feet to the ground, and knows that breaking through the screening is the way to freedom.

Mostly art.

Comment

I mashed a pint of blackberries into a couple teaspoons of sugar and now I'm eating it with my fingers because I forgot to grab a spoon and someone might see it and try to steal it if I go to get one.

Its good.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    The dog escaped my covered patio (screened in) and I found him running around the property when I came home.

Now I don't even have a secure place to put him, since apparently he can jump six feet to the ground, and knows that breaking through the screening is the way to freedom.
                    Have you thought about kenneling him? A good sturdy kennel might cost a bit, but it's worth it in the long run. I recommend getting those keychain things to secure the joints and door though for extra protection if he's an escape artist.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

my mom bought me a case of snapple just for me and that makes me very happy. It's also odd. I wonder what she feels guilty about.
                      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                        Have you thought about kenneling him? A good sturdy kennel might cost a bit, but it's worth it in the long run. I recommend getting those keychain things to secure the joints and door though for extra protection if he's an escape artist.
                        I have a kennel. I can't kennel him for 11 hours a day.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          I have a kennel. I can't kennel him for 11 hours a day.
                          Have you considered getting an outdoor kennel? One of those decently-sized caged areas that has a dog-house or some form of shelter in it as well as some space for him to move around in? They can be a little pricy, but I've seen some decent ones go for around $300 in the past. I've also known some people who have made their own. The floor needs to be cement so they can't dig, the fence needs to be high enough that they can't jump or hurt themselves on it (most of the ones I've seen actually have a roof), and they need to have some form of shelter from the elements.

My in-laws' dog is an outdoor dog and he lives very happily inside a larger enclosure like that. They take him out for walks a couple times a day and to play in the yard, go potty, etc... But he's a healthy and well-adjusted malamute. If you have the means, it's something I would really recommend.

Comment

Just hit my head so hard my stuffy nose went away, the universe has a way of giving you silver linings.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

It's raining horizontally. And windy. Not windstorm windy, but windy enough. Welcome to winter. Day's like this I wish that I lived somewhere that snowed. Surely snow is nicer than this cold, dreary, wet, grey, windy crap.

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                                It's raining horizontally. And windy. Not windstorm windy, but windy enough. Welcome to winter. Day's like this I wish that I lived somewhere that snowed. Surely snow is nicer than this cold, dreary, wet, grey, windy crap.

*sigh*
                                I must say snow sure does balance the depressing cold of winter. When there is a good fresh blanket of snow on the ground it is relatively bright at 3 in the morning, and beautiful. Especially when it sits atop the trees and roofs, magical almost. I miss our winter.
                                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                                sigpic
                                In Days of yore,
                                From Britain's shore
                                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                                On Canada's fair domain.
                                Here may it wave,
                                Our boast, our pride
                                And joined in love together,
                                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                                The Maple Leaf Forever.