This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

My Counselor seems to really not like me, lol.
    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
      I think people tend to get excited about things when they are in their face. Many times I think it's not that they don't care about other issues or aspects but they are so far removed from their daily lives they never register.
      I don't have that much faith in the public. I've heard and seen enough stupidity on similar subjects closer to home, for which one should be more educated, to think that most people have the capacity for caring for anything other than their own self-interest.

Case in point--plastic shopping bags and straws. Neither is truly reusable (sure you might get an extra use or two from the bag) and neither is actually necessary in any imaginable sort of way... And yet, how many people don't use them at the store or at a restaurant? By now, if someone doesn't even have the tiniest inkling of what an ecological nightmare disposable plastics are in general, I don't even know what to say... Straws and bags are the easiest disposable plastic to give up...but almost no one does. Because 99.99% of people don't actually care about anything beyond themselves, they have the opinion because they are seeking attention or validation.
      Last edited by thalassa; 31 May 2016, 17:26.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        I don't have that much faith in the public. I've heard and seen enough stupidity on similar subjects closer to home, for which one should be more educated, to think that most people have the capacity for caring for anything other than their own self-interest.

Case in point--plastic shopping bags and straws. Neither is truly reusable (sure you might get an extra use or two from the bag) and neither is actually necessary in any imaginable sort of way... And yet, how many people don't use them at the store or at a restaurant? By now, if someone doesn't even have the tiniest inkling of what an ecological nightmare disposable plastics are in general, I don't even know what to say... Straws and bags are the easiest disposable plastic to give up...but almost no one does. Because 99.99% of people don't actually care about anything beyond themselves, they have the opinion because they are seeking attention or validation.
        I recall though when the stores and businesses fought against getting ride of them. Cost effective was the argument I seem to recall at the time. Even when trying to go back to the old brown paper bag they resisted and argued about how much better the plastic bags were. Think it was Safeway but might be other store where person brought in a canvas bag but had to take the plastic bags as it was store policy.

Sad part, or one sad aspect anyway, is I think many people do not remember a time when they didn't have them. So it' snot really about giving them up as much as they've always been there and people know no other way. Figure not to many stores, if any, still ask Paper or plastic?
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I got my glasses at about 7,they tested us kids in school,they also did hearing tests back then.
          They tested us in 1st grade, and I've been wearing glasses since then (age 6).
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

This is where plastic goes to die....well,not really away..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Seriously people should know better when around WILD (color mine),animals. I mean ELK,big and mean sometimes, WILD
              REMEMBER

Story here.

After Elk Charged Woman Taking Selfie, National Park Officials Warn of Dangers.

People remember,your in the wild,not a petting zoo.
              Last edited by anunitu; 01 Jun 2016, 10:01.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                People remember,your in the wild,not a petting zoo.
                But...

We have tamed and defeated nature!

We have brought the wild under man's dominion!

What we need are more parking lots and fewer animals!

Man rules where once they ruled...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I will smack the stupid out of you young man....
                  Yeh Baby...

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely getting my FREAK on...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I feel like letting my freak flag fly.....

sigpic

Comment

I remember back in the way back,girls would get hassled too,for having really long hair,cause you know Hippy and all...I always thought that was the stupidest thing ever.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

My mother hated when I parted my hair down the middle, or wore a low-tied ponytail. She said ponytails were supposed to be tied up high on the head (think 1950's) and that low ones looked like George Washington.
                        sigpic

Comment

Truth be told I miss those old days..and believe me when I tell you I was a serious mind bent crazy person,just tripping my buns off.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I apparently have a cold. I am displeased by this.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              I apparently have a cold. I am displeased by this.
                              It's the #1 result of dealing with humans. Hope it goes away fast!
                              sigpic

Comment

Doing some calendar math. Oh my Satan, come this October I will have been a Satanist for 30 years!

I feel I should like know some secret stuff. Or get a toaster oven or something. Or I dunno, be a guest on Steve Harvey. Or I dunno....I guess I should work on my being eeeveeeel spiel.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X