This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

It occurred to me after seeing yet another of those "If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada.." meme's that no one has heard what Canada or the Canadian's actually think about it. I bet the Canadian people are just waiting in anticipation for those disgruntled American's to move to Canada and make it a much better place. After all, it should be a blessing to have them move to Canada. Imagine all the stuff they bring to the table and benefit of Canada by moving there. What it is they would bring I really do not know but they must think they have something to bring.

It equally occurred to me that why don't we ever see them threatening to move to say Mexico? Imagine if they brought all of "That" to Mexico. I bet they could get double the return there that they'd get in Canada. But ah lass they won't move to Mexico.

Of course it never crossed my mind wondering if they think Canada would be such a better option then why haven't they moved there before? Why wait for a Trump presidency to move?
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Technically I could go to Canada with no immigration because I have dual citizenship because my Father came down from Calgary. I looked into it,and it would be a pretty easy transition.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Personally, I've always said if Roe V. Wade was overturned, I'd leave the country. But at this point in life, that'd be at best extremely difficult, and at worst impossible. So they had their chance to get rid of me decades ago! I have many issues with how things are done - you are only a valuable citizen while you have school-aged children, in the eyes of many. But by now, I'm really leaning more and more to a "screw it all" mindset and just living day by day. Those "valuable citizens" can determine the future I won't be here to see. Good luck.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
          It occurred to me after seeing yet another of those "If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada.." meme's that no one has heard what Canada or the Canadian's actually think about it.

(snip)

Of course it never crossed my mind wondering if they think Canada would be such a better option then why haven't they moved there before? Why wait for a Trump presidency to move?

Considering the similar number of "If Hillary/Bernie wins..." memes I've seen from Drumpfies, I'm fairly sure Canada would rather that the people fleeing Trump.
          Last edited by thalassa; 05 Jun 2016, 09:36.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

OR,They might build a wall,and send us the bill(or send Trump the bill)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Just found out my granddad has cancer.
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
                Sorry to hear that.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  Considering the similar number of "If Hillary/Bernie wins..." memes I've seen from Drumpfies, I'm fairly sure Canada would rather that the people fleeing Trump.
                  Haven't seen to many of that type though the sentiment is the same as the Trump type. But i'd still pose the same question regarding that aspect as well. Though in truth doubt Canada would want either of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear that.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I just think to myself about sickness and cancer and such(I am 69) better to have it happen when you are old enough that you know it will come along,and not have to hear of a young person or child having cancer at such a young age. For me,a grandfather,I have had my day in the sun..and many memories both happy and sad,and when I go,it will be with a smile and happy thoughts.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Yeah - I feel very differently about all these tests, etc., than I did when I was 30. If you have a long time ahead, you want to go all out to maintain that, but later, it's just not really a thing anymore.
                      Last edited by Hawkfeathers; 05 Jun 2016, 15:00.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=monsno_leedra;222626]Haven't seen to many of that type though the sentiment is the same as the Trump type. But i'd still pose the same question regarding that aspect as well. Though in truth doubt Canada would want either of them.

- - - Updated - - -

"Sorry to hear that."

Okay

Edit: thanks. my mother told me but we don't know for sure if it's one of his little games, but I think he's serious.
                        Last edited by EndlessCravings; 05 Jun 2016, 16:59.
                        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          OR,They might build a wall,and send us the bill(or send Trump the bill)
                          I actually saw an interview with Trudeau about that. He was amused. Said he wasn't concerned about a mass migration, because we keep threatening but very few actually follow through. He referred to the great George W Bush inspired migration that never happened.

Anyway, US elections don't change the existing immigration laws in Canada. We won't suddenly qualify for residency based on who wins in the US.

I think the US citizens I know of who have chosen to live in Mexico are doing so for different reasons than Trump or no Trump. They tend to have longer term economic, climate, or philosophical reasons. They definitely exist, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Endless Cravings,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Comment

Wishing a safe flight to United 4246 tomorrow morning. It's the one I would have been on if I did my "usual" trip. I'm waiting for the Yellow Card Man to show up.... (Stephen King character from 11.22.63, when Jake goes back in time, this guy with a yellow card stuck in his hat says "You shouldn't be here".)
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, so if You kiss a person, but when you are kissing them or embracing them, and looking at another person when you're doing it, what does that mean? I see it in movies all of the time. I always thought it meant that you wanted the person you were looking at.

Comment

Okay, so if You kiss a person, but when you are kissing them or embracing them, and looking at another person when you're doing it, what does that mean? I see it in movies all of the time. I always thought it meant that you wanted the person you were looking at.
                                It could be. Or you have a short attention span. Or you caught something out of the corner of your eye. Or it could mean nothing.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X