This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

You do realize that there are alternatives to windows operating systems, right?
    Windows 10 is the largest piece of spyware ever produced. It records everyplace you go - electronically speaking, Your on-line purchases and interests and then markets the information through Microsoft.
    Linux OS's are free to use, duplicate and even share with others. They are more secure than Microsoft products have ever been and do a great job of handling most any Microsoft program output. If you are up to it you can even get the code and alter any open source software. Personally, I will never go back to Windows.
    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Think I will plan a day trip to the Dells for KP and I. I think we need a little one on one time, and seeing our new state is in the books. Maybe a duck tour, or a canyon tour.. there is also a train tour that I think I'd like us to do in the fall. We shall see.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I think that is a very good idea Kalynraye
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Ok. So how do I make an anxiety attack go away again. I've calmed down somewhat, but my body is still in that state of 'something is about to happen'... I still haven't figured out how to make that calm down again. Ot usually ends in a full blown attack because it just keeps feeling uneasy until I've reacted 'properly'... but it really takes some energy. Anyone who has some experience with it who has figured out a way to make the body calm down again?
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I use counting breathe meditation to learn how to let go of thoughts.

You might also try self hypnosis - http://m.wikihow.com/Use-Self-Hypnos...nxiety-Attacks

I use the meditation, in combination with medication. It has been hugely effective.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Some what amazed or disheartened at all who blame the manifestation method / tool while ignoring the cause or casual influence. Take the tool away and all that happens is a new tool is selected. Yet address the causes / casual influence and the tool becomes a non issue. Yet we continue to blame the tool while ignoring the cause / casual influence. So far removing the tool hasn't been successful in stopping rape, racism, sexism, murder, debasement of people, abuse of people or attitudes by one group upon another. But we as a society tend to pat ourselves on the back because we (collectively) have removed a tool while completely ignoring the cause / casual influence that created the necessity for taking up the tool to begin with.
              Last edited by monsno_leedra; 13 Jun 2016, 12:16.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                I use counting breathe meditation to learn how to let go of thoughts.

You might also try self hypnosis - http://m.wikihow.com/Use-Self-Hypnos...nxiety-Attacks

I use the meditation, in combination with medication. It has been hugely effective.
                I did learn some self hypnosis while ago, I haven't been using that lately. Might actually help with this. I don't get medication, I sometimes wonder if I should. But I'd rather not if I can handle it without.
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Even most idiots are capable of understanding the importance of magazine capacity, reloading time, and the window of opportunity to take a shooter out.

There are things that can be done to make the tool harder to use, to restrict which tools the general public has access to, and to ensure that qualified individuals get to play with the tools. No one (that isn't a moron) argues that we shouldn't take drivers licenses away or stop licensing drivers just because there are people without licenses on the road, driving--after all, the use of that tool by persons that are not legally able to do so has additional legal consequences for the person breaking said law. While cars are tools that can kill, they have an actual purpose other than killing. Failure to apply that logic to guns (especially by people that are more than willing to place restrictions on Constitutional rights like voting) is either willfully ignorant and hypocritical or intentionally disingenuous and hypocritical.
                  Last edited by thalassa; 13 Jun 2016, 13:05.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                    I did learn some self hypnosis while ago, I haven't been using that lately. Might actually help with this. I don't get medication, I sometimes wonder if I should. But I'd rather not if I can handle it without.
                    Make your own choice with regards to the medication, but do think about this. Anxiety/panic attacks are a physical illness, brought on by a genetic quick that causes a chemical imbalance in the brain. If you had pneunominia, you'd take an antibiotic, and think nothing of it.

It's difficult to get over the idea that the brain is different, that we can control it - even when you know that it can't be controled when it malfunctions. Don't let the "stigma of mental illness" keep you from being well. Remember that it is a physical ailment, and a physical treatment is sometimes necessary.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      Even most idiots are capable of understanding the importance of magazine capacity, reloading time, and the window of opportunity to take a shooter out.

There are things that can be done to make the tool harder to use, to restrict which tools the general public has access to, and to ensure that qualified individuals get to play with the tools. No one (that isn't a moron) argues that we shouldn't take drivers licenses away or stop licensing drivers just because there are people without licenses on the road, driving--after all, the use of that tool by persons that are not legally able to do so has additional legal consequences for the person breaking said law. While cars are tools that can kill, they have an actual purpose other than killing. Failure to apply that logic to guns (especially by people that are more than willing to place restrictions on Constitutional rights like voting) is either willfully ignorant and hypocritical or intentionally disingenuous and hypocritical.
                      But availability or access to the tool does not change the fact the tool is selected for usage because of some cause or casual influence that is being ignored. To me that is the delusion in the system. Thinking the outcome can be changed by changing the access to or availability of a tool while ignoring the cause / casual influence that created the stimulus which resulted in an action.

Only when we address and remove or change the cause or casual influence can we change the need or purpose which causes a person to select the tool. Availability of a tool simply causes the selection to be different but does not mean the outcome will be any lesser or not occur anyway. The motivating trigger still remains and still causes an action to be undertaken and performed.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Make your own choice with regards to the medication, but do think about this. Anxiety/panic attacks are a physical illness, brought on by a genetic quick that causes a chemical imbalance in the brain. If you had pneunominia, you'd take an antibiotic, and think nothing of it.

It's difficult to get over the idea that the brain is different, that we can control it - even when you know that it can't be controled when it malfunctions. Don't let the "stigma of mental illness" keep you from being well. Remember that it is a physical ailment, and a physical treatment is sometimes necessary.
                        I know it's physical, and I understand perfectly when people take medication for it. My shrink who used to work in the psychiatric ward thinks I can handle it without, it's a mechanism I've developed for coping with my mom (the only time she left me alone, sometimes even showed love, was if I was sick or scared)... so working through that... I don't know what to call it... trauma?.. should help me eventually function normally. I don't get the attacks randomly. I generally get them if I'm feeling happy or excited about something, that stresses me because I'm not 'allowed' to feel good.
                        but I'm keeping medication as an option. Absolutely.
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          But availability or access to the tool does not change the fact the tool is selected for usage because of some cause or casual influence that is being ignored. To me that is the delusion in the system. Thinking the outcome can be changed by changing the access to or availability of a tool while ignoring the cause / casual influence that created the stimulus which resulted in an action.

Only when we address and remove or change the cause or casual influence can we change the need or purpose which causes a person to select the tool. Availability of a tool simply causes the selection to be different but does not mean the outcome will be any lesser or not occur anyway. The motivating trigger still remains and still causes an action to be undertaken and performed.
                          Causing the selection of a different tool or the difficulty of acquiring said tool makes it easier and more likely to eliminate or disarm the user of the tool.

Sure, sudafed, guanfacine, ibuprophen, and mucinex won't cure a URI, but they quell the symptoms and make them bearable while the antibiotic goes int affect.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                            Some what amazed or disheartened at all who blame the manifestation method / tool while ignoring the cause or casual influence. Take the tool away and all that happens is a new tool is selected. Yet address the causes / casual influence and the tool becomes a non issue. Yet we continue to blame the tool while ignoring the cause / casual influence. So far removing the tool hasn't been successful in stopping rape, racism, sexism, murder, debasement of people, abuse of people or attitudes by one group upon another. But we as a society tend to pat ourselves on the back because we (collectively) have removed a tool while completely ignoring the cause / casual influence that created the necessity for taking up the tool to begin with.
                            This is so zen,the way you present it..not disagreeing just feeling we approach the idea of it that shell not be named...None dare speak its name...to point at with no finger,to toot with no horn...not unlike a tree falling in the woods with no one to hear..(Zen daddy oh,so much in touch with the Beat)

- - - Updated - - -

Off in the distance,the soft sound of bongos echos in the still misty and serene nightfall of Negro streets...(Ginsburg,if you did not catch it)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                              I don't get the attacks randomly. I generally get them if I'm feeling happy or excited about something, that stresses me because I'm not 'allowed' to feel good.
                              but I'm keeping medication as an option. Absolutely.
                              What a terrible trigger! It spoils the fun.

Comment

So dig it Daddyo, dig the still sweet aroma of burning minds as they ponder the ever changing world.
                                HOWL

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X