X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    Absolutely. This isn't about "I'm mad at you because you were late so I'm gonna slam a door". This is roiling social rage against the machine, this is rage against the dying of the light, and all that upper level stuff.
    Dylan Thomas... . Welsh poet. See Tyluan for further details...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm very happy in my anger. I wonder if that means I'm ok or like a complete social psychopath?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        I'm very happy in my anger. I wonder if that means I'm ok or like a complete social psychopath?
        You seem pretty fine to me, lol. At least you're not going around exploding on people in all of your glorious happy-anger. That we know of.
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          It means that you do what you have to do to survive.

I have the luxury of being able to do things that do not directly contribute to my survival. Not everybody has that luxury.
          Last edited by B. de Corbin; 18 Jun 2016, 21:12.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Continuing my research into my family geneology...come to find my paternal nana is Italian. I should have figured with the name Carpena. So now I've got Italian and German grandparents. Somewhere in there Mexico happened. But It's looking like Spain is my motherland. Also funny to find my last name ends with an s when most common is a z. Come to find the S denotes Spain while the Z normally denotes Mexico.

But I swear I'm Mexican.

Steinfeild, Carpena. Somewhere there's a Mexican name, right?:wtf:
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I want another tattoo. Probably going to get another one soon.
              "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

I think I just might go get some more ginger ale or Club-Mate and watch flat Earth (or hollow Earth) videos the entire day.
                baah.

Comment

I'm sad that Anton Yelchin died. He played Chekov in the new Star Trek movies, and was only 27.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thinking how Solstice times always seem odd because there's still so much summer weather ahead, yet the days will grow shorter. Reverse happens in winter. It's just Her way of showing us that there are wheels in motion we don't see in our daily lives, and how something is wrapping up even though we feel we're in the throes of it.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      Thinking how Solstice times always seem odd because there's still so much summer weather ahead, yet the days will grow shorter. Reverse happens in winter. It's just Her way of showing us that there are wheels in motion we don't see in our daily lives, and how something is wrapping up even though we feel we're in the throes of it.
                      It's the same here. Despite this being the midpoint of summer, our hottest days tend to come after the solstice. Mind you, we've had some good sun in May and early June this year. It started raining just before our week off together last week and rained most of the week, brightening up just in time for us to return to work today. Bloody typical!

We have a full moon on the solstice this year so it's really significant for me. Both moon and sun at their strongest. So I've got a special ritual planned for through the night at work.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Life on the edge, I'm dangling my feet.

Comment

Thinking of applying for a job I know I have next to no chance of getting, just because the 'what if...' part of my mind won't let me stop thinking about it.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            Thinking of applying for a job I know I have next to no chance of getting, just because the 'what if...' part of my mind won't let me stop thinking about it.
                            I just did that. Because why not? Do it! No harm will come from it. Worst case scenario you won't get it, but hey, you sure won't if you don't try.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Is it weird that I understood more about taxes from my new accountant in German than I did from consulting with my old one in English? Am I becoming 100% German?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              Do it! You never know, and it doesn't hurt you any to try.

Comment

I have just discovered Postmodern Jukebox.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X