This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

This is why Patriotism and Nationalism is a disease. It twists the political narrative into nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      This is why Patriotism and Nationalism is a disease. It twists the political narrative into nonsense.
      Even though I wore a uniform many times I can't disagree with your statement. Far to often it's turned into something such as "Support us your patriotic and defending the nation, disagree and your anti!" Always depends on which side of the fence your sitting on at any given instance of time.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Because if the situation was reversed, no one would be talking about it? Oh right, I forgot that you think that there is no such thing as leftist extremism.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I myself know both parties can and do go way over the top with extreme left and right things.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            Because if the situation was reversed, no one would be talking about it? Oh right, I forgot that you think that there is no such thing as leftist extremism.
            Lol your reaching again guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I myself know both parties can and do go way over the top with extreme left and right things.
            Not really though. Both parties are Right Wing. I can't think of anything the Democrats have ever done that would be considered "extremist Leftism".
            Last edited by ThePaganMafia; 28 Jul 2016, 15:30.

Comment

Had such a great day talking to one of my old friends. Haven't talked to her over the phone in such a long time. I'm going to see her and stay at her house on the 25th of next month! Can't wait!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I can't think of anything the Democrats have ever done that would be considered "extremist Leftism".
                Maybe this. Or this. Or even this. I've posted this all before, mate, some of it directly at you. The second one in particular was perpetrated by members of the DePaul DEMOCRATS club, some of whom were chanting "Feel the Bern."
                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Wow guy you sure got me there. Look at all those radical Democrat policies...oh wait you cherry picked isolated events that may or may not have been perpetuated by...Democratic voters. Not even Democratic policy makers.

Please do not insult the radical left by calling the Democratic Party radical. And I have no issues with violent protests so I don't know what your trying to hit me with here.

Comment

You are the one who brought Democrats into this, I only said leftist except for the one example that I pointed out.

Comment

I had a weird experience yesterday morning after work. I woke JP and was sat on the bed talking to him. Dolly our cat, was sat in the doorway. I was telling JP that I was chatting with a Japanese friend of ours over Line the night before and am glad to report that despite not studying or using Japanese for around 10 weeks, I can still hold a conversation just fine. I then added 'but the students come back in September, so I should start studying again soon' (because our conversation group meetings had to stop due to my co-organiser being unwell, but I can hold events by myself once the students get back). Just as I said that, something fell somewhere around the doorway and Dolly ran into the room and hid under the bed, as though she got a fright. We just assumed she'd knocked something over, although I did wander what I could have left on the floor for her to knock.

Then when I got up to leave the room I was stopped in my tracks when I realised there were 2 small Japanese grammar handbooks, both by the same author, on the floor. They'd been neatly on the shelf next to my desk and I hadn't touched them in months. It is possible Dolly had been on the shelf but I don't know how she could have got the books off (they're tightly packed) and we didn't hear her jump down, she just seemed to run in from where she'd been sitting on the floor.

It was really weird. Needless to say, I took the hint and have brought the books to work with me. Guess while my Japanese might still flow, my grammar needs a polish!
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                        You are the one who brought Democrats into this, I only said leftist except for the one example that I pointed out.
                        Bring Democrats into what? My response aboht Democrats wasn't even a response to anything you said. And now your reaching again.

Comment

This is not the debate section.

Nor is it the bickering section.
                          Last edited by thalassa; 28 Jul 2016, 18:07.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Um, question. So with the getting a new bike thing. I'm looking at something with 7 gears. Sooo I've never rode a bike with gears. I did some on-line research. Can I actually ride a bike without using its gears? More maybe using a lower gear. I only have a very slight incline coming home. But it's enough to put a little strain on me. (bad heart murmur blah blah). Can I just use no gear and then hit that other one to help me out on the way home? I'm literally never going anywhere past the mall and it's all just paved quiet streets. I'm not Tour De Medusa over here. But everywhere I looked I didn't get an answer. I feel completely inadequate about this. Buuut it's nice to learn something new, right?
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hey! You can absolutely ride it staying in one gear ratio the whole time, sure it wears the cog teeth over time, but it's really o different then a single speed. I'm an avid cyclist with a 21 speed and I use maybe 3 gears

Comment

I went from my childhood no-gear, brake-by-stepping-down-on-back-pedal Huffy to a 5-speed with hand brakes, chain, and all that grown up stuff. Played around with the gears a little and settled into one that felt great 99% of the time, and hardly ever changed. I was basically riding around a suburban neighborhood on pretty flat land. Play around with it on that incline you ride on, you may like to switch a gear, you may not. If the new bike is a little lighter, it'll be easier to handle regardless.

Amazing what comes back after all these years....
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X