X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
    I agree. At the end of the day I think a lot of people sign up hoping for an active Pagan Forum, and for stretches of time this place can just be an active "Pagan" forum, if you catch my drift.
    You bear responsibility for that too. Everyone does. If you want more Pagan topics, you have to post them. Some of them might take off, some might not. But either way, a good chunk of us have been here forever and talked about our path ad nauseum, as regulars. Ain't much more to say on the matter that we mostly don't know already...at this point, I'm mostly interested in Corbin's grandbaby and pizza ideas from MO, than trying to pull teeth inventing Pagan themed topics when almost no one else bothers to try.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Ok,a topic. Your "Soul" or what ever name you choose to name it by. Not the usual question of do in fact souls exist,but if you feel you believe you contain a "Spirit or soul" within you,how would you describe it? Not really how it appears,but its inner being. what is its function other than perhaps giving life to the flesh and blood body(perhaps animation) but what is its spiritual purpose? Is it "YOU",or is it another?
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        You bear responsibility for that too. Everyone does. If you want more Pagan topics, you have to post them. Some of them might take off, some might not. But either way, a good chunk of us have been here forever and talked about our path ad nauseum, as regulars. Ain't much more to say on the matter that we mostly don't know already...at this point, I'm mostly interested in Corbin's grandbaby and pizza ideas from MO, than trying to pull teeth inventing Pagan themed topics when almost no one else bothers to try.
        I agree with what you are saying, and can understand where you are coming from.

The question was why do people return and say they're going to be active, then fail to follow through. I think we've indetified some contributing factors.

Comment

Thal has started some very interesting pagan questions but not a lot of people have posted in some. My above subject could be moved to a separate thread(looking at Thal) if one wanted to.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There is something about Chris Stapleton's voice that moves me.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Thal has started some very interesting pagan questions but not a lot of people have posted in some. My above subject could be moved to a separate thread(looking at Thal) if one wanted to.
              You're probably exemplifying the reason so few of us start pagan threads. 'I think I have an idea for a topic.. but dunno.. I'll just let a mod decide'.

I have started threads that didn't take off. It's no big deal. I've also taken my time replying to what looks like a thread that's gone dormant but then suddenly burst into life after a post. Take Thal's WoT thread. I'd forgotten to come back and post at the time, instead posting 3 months after the conversation seemed to stop. Then on the days that followed, others posted that had missed the thread the first time around. This tells me that people often just miss threads, or want to post but don't have time then forget. It happens. I still want to reply to Rae'ya's shielding thread but I'm just too busy to give it the time I'd like to. I will post though, and I daresay a few others will follow! Inactivity may well be just that no one saw, but even if it is just too obscure or niche to take off, who cares? You tried.

I think people are also being put off posting in older threads that they may otherwise like to join in with, by the little warning that pops up when you try to post in a dormant thread. I can't claim to know what the mods are thinking, but I understand this as simply being a safeguard against people answering questions that were posted long ago and already settled. I've had that happen to one of my own threads in the past and while hardly a crime, a gentle pointer might help those who just didn't realise the thread was so old, or didn't take the time to read to the end.

How about we give the staff a break, stop waiting for them to spoon feed us and just... you know... talk about pagan stuff for a bit.

(Sorry to use your post Anu.. it wasn't a personal attack so much as grasping a handy hook! You DO frequently start threads after all.)
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I try,but there is the issue of people being afraid if they bring up a topic people will expect them to be some kind of expert. Many topics really have no solid answers,only speculation,mainly because they ask questions of a belief or religious nature. Religion and belief by their very nature are very personal in their aspects. people will have different views on many of the tenets involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Also,I am not a person who would "proselytize" my beliefs,I ponder many ideas,but each person finds their own path. What is gospel to some,is not full truth to others..why the Christian belief is so filled with different churches and denominations. The same could be said of Pagan paths.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  I try,but there is the issue of people being afraid if they bring up a topic people will expect them to be some kind of expert. Many topics really have no solid answers,only speculation,mainly because they ask questions of a belief or religious nature. Religion and belief by their very nature are very personal in their aspects. people will have different views on many of the tenets involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Also,I am not a person who would "proselytize" my beliefs,I ponder many ideas,but each person finds their own path. What is gospel to some,is not full truth to others..why the Christian belief is so filled with different churches and denominations. The same could be said of Pagan paths.
                  Bolded mine.

I personally think a lot of people think because so much of pagandom is personal or based upon UPG that it gives a sort of cart blanche blessing to this presumption they can't be challenged or questioned about their conclusions. Often it seems confusing questions about conclusions and reasons as debating beliefs or their right to those beliefs.

I know personally a lot of times I don't care what you (collective usage) believe, but I do have a curiosity about why you believe or how you arrived at a conclusion. Figure if you can't support it then it really is not a though out conclusion. But that is just me.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Thing is,it is not required to explain belief to anyone,UNLESS you are trying to "convert" others. It might seem if one presses someone to explain why they believe what they do,it is an attempt to cause doubt in the person being so pressed..

Just a thought(as always my thoughts are my own)

- - - Updated - - -

Also belief is VERY personal,even if to others it makes no sense.(why it is a Belief,and not a FACT)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

But that's where I think it separates between mystical and I suppose practical. Mystical or the internal one feels and can not really be explained but when it's external and derived from external influences then it can be and usually has some sort of source which can be spoken about.

Sort of if I say Hekate told me she wants me to make offerings of coffee then not much can be discussed. Figure it's between the goddess and myself and mystical. Yet if I say Hekate's wheel is a sacred emblem and is ages old, sorry yes it can be discussed and no there is no evidence to support that position. But it is pushed never the less as a historical fact and people site the chaldean oracles and one tract specifically that talks about dancing the Strophalos while never actually knowing what a Strophalos actually was.

I suppose in a Wicca concept the difference between the inner mystical court teaching and the public outer court teachings.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                        But that's where I think it separates between mystical and I suppose practical. Mystical or the internal one feels and can not really be explained but when it's external and derived from external influences then it can be and usually has some sort of source which can be spoken about.

Sort of if I say Hekate told me she wants me to make offerings of coffee then not much can be discussed. Figure it's between the goddess and myself and mystical. Yet if I say Hekate's wheel is a sacred emblem and is ages old, sorry yes it can be discussed and no there is no evidence to support that position.
                        But, by this same token, you could use this idea to start a more general topic of "Hey, what sort of things do you use as offerings?" that more people could participate in.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Man, this muscle relaxant makes me really dizzy....
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

"More Pagan topics"
                            Guess what chicken butts?
                            You all are Pagan talking about all the things Pagans are interested in.

It's not just what's in my magic bag.
                            How to clean my flying broom.

A lot of you are parents and talk about child rearing.
                            Some talk about different foods.
                            Your local news.
                            The frigging world you live in.

Everything you talk about is what Pagans are interested in talking about...or you wouldn't be talking at all.

Let's move on.:=I:
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

That I've found a good game and that my sister is better at catching lies than I am.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thinking about tomorrow's doctor appointment. I go see the bariatric surgeon. I hope all goes well.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X