X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I hear Kim Kardashian was robbed of a fortune in jewelry. I always thought the wealthy kept their real jewelry in safe deposit boxes and wore fakes in public. And entertainers used to say "the show must go on", not leave the stage. (I understand her husband being upset, but she wasn't harmed and was an ocean away - it's not like he could rush to her side in 20 minutes.)
    Did, did you read the story? They tied her up while she begged for her life. Fame or not, I'm off that stage to my wife. I ain't a kim fan. But being tied up and robbed at gun point is not something anyone should go through.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I read the story. If it's all true, I certainly don't wish that on anyone. I'm still not quite in the believer camp. It seems a little Ryan Lochte-ish or maybe I'm getting jaded in my old age.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I would have thought she would have had body guards...and from the story it would seem to have been an inside job. Insurance fraud??? never know..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          I would have thought she would have had body guards...and from the story it would seem to have been an inside job. Insurance fraud??? never know..
          Yeah - it's all a little hinky so far. I mean, the criminal is always wrong and in a perfect world, we should all be able to walk around half naked carrying a fistful of $100 dollar bills through Walmart (what a picture!) without fear of anything happening to us, but in reality we have to protect ourselves at least a little bit.
          sigpic

Comment

Professional armed security that is on call 24/7 to handle bolt from the blue strikes by organized gun men is not "a little bit". It's an expensive and specialized service that renders one's personal life subject to analysis and review by strangers on a level that most people are liable to find highly uncomfortable. If Kardashian lacking her own Secret Service detail makes people suspicious then I really want details on everyone's contingency measures against organized gun men because I clearly have been slacking in my paranoia and should take this as an opportunity for self improvement.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

All in perspective - me keeping my doors & windows locked is fine. If I had Picasso and DaVinci on the walls, however, a state of the art security system would be in order.
              We'll see what becomes of this case. I hope they catch the perp in any event!
              sigpic

Comment

I fried my brain today... who knew writing about yourself would be so hard?
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I honestly can't feel sorry for anyone who buys millions of dollars worth of jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                    I honestly can't feel sorry for anyone who buys millions of dollars worth of jewelry.
                    I can sympathize - just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean they should be robbed - but this particular deal just seems a little off to me.

I'm thinking it was a picture-perfect weather day today and I hope tomorrow brings more of the same.
                    sigpic

Comment

If I was wearing a 4.5 million dollar ring,i should not be surprised if I lose said finger,not unlike on Lindsey Lohan

Finger blurred a little.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

They believe it was the job of the 'pink panthers'. An actual jewelry heist team!

Comment

They copied from the peter Sellers movie?...Really? (Really weird,I found a feature in firefox by accident,called private browsing..It does NOT keep a history of your surfing)

You right click on a link,and choose it from the menu(I somehow did that by accident)

- - - Updated - - -

Had no idea they had this feature. It looks the same,but their is a tiny set of shields at the top of the browser page.

- - - Updated - - -

Link here about the private browsing thing.

- - - Updated - - -

From a search,it seems to also be in other browsers in one form or another

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

yeah, chrome has incognito browsing. I always use it when researching travel arrangements. If you don't, they keep track of your browsing and up the prices on you!

Comment

Also,how dare they disrespect Inspector Clouseau.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Apparently, Ms. K does have a personal guard named Pascal. If it's just him, of course there will be coverage gaps. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the hotel ends up implicated. I'm kinda envious of her physical strength - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get out of those plastic ties!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X