X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now?

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    May not like what was signed into law but still have to perform your duty and the duties of your office.
    No, you don't. No one is enslaved. She quit. Good for her.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      No, you don't. No one is enslaved. She quit. Good for her.
      No she was fired. Any influence she might have caused she gave up for nothing any change she might have been able to cause she gave up as well. Like pissing into a fan, makes you think you did something because you get wet but in the end did nothing regarding the people you claim to be trying to help.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
        No she was fired. Any influence she might have caused she gave up for nothing any change she might have been able to cause she gave up as well. Like pissing into a fan, makes you think you did something because you get wet but in the end did nothing regarding the people you claim to be trying to help.
        You can still do allot not working for a pos. People every day get shit done doing the right thing, working for the right reasons and the right people. We have to simply stop accepting this pos.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Actually, no. Civil servants are NOT required to obey the president. It's not in our oath of office, and it is contrary to the very reason there is a federal workforce, which is to a) provide continuity between the insanity of public opinion and b) to do their actual job, regardless of the insanity of the individual the public puts into office. In fact, the ability to TELL the president that something is unconstitutional, unlawful, unscientific, etc IS actually the job of these agencies and their personnel (at least the higher up folks--people at my level just do the work).

Civil Service Oath:
          I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
          Which explicit portion of federal code can a deputy AG use to maintain their job against a hostile president who can argue that they are refusing to follow an executive order?

Has it ever been used against the President?

Did it work?
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            Which explicit portion of federal code can a deputy AG use to maintain their job against a hostile president who can argue that they are refusing to follow an executive order?

Has it ever been used against the President?

Did it work?
            Realistically you can't even say deputy AG as she was filling the role of full AG until a formal appointment had been made. One of the little quirks of the governmental system the deputy takes on the full responsibility and accountability of the higher office until a replacement is reappointed to fill the higher position. Which also means the crap that goes with the job or hostility from your boss when you openly defy him / her.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Still feeling like crap, but have to go out to take the dogs to get groomed and other things. Hoping I will be better soon.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Today I snapped and almost broke our work phone. Due to a very nice but annoying customer who has called me 2 days in a row looking for a coupon.
                I literally banged it into our wall. And almost my forehead as well.

I told people to tell her I died of ebola, just in case she calls again.

Comment

I'm a little late, but happy Imbolc to those who celebrate. My Jasmine opened just I'm time and smells amazing. Hope I can keep it alive so it can signal the return of Brigantia every year!

Here's a song to get you into the Imbolc spirit if, like me, you weren't really feeling it this year...

夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

It's Feb 3 and I FINALLY straightened out my medical provider AND got my first appt. I called and I was like I'd like to make an appt with Dr so and so. And she's like oh she's an endo. She only takes patients with endo issues.

*my eye begins to twitch

Uh, I need an endo. I have Diabetes. They uh..specialize in that.

She clicks away a few minutes and finally comes back with a 'sorry about that'.

whew.

Also it's at my provider hospital and is closer than the main office. I didn't even know! It's like 20 minutes away.

And it's on Valentine's Day. Which is perfect. Because I love me.

Comment

I'm hoping that this damn cold or whatever gets gone soon. I really do not like being sick with a damn cold. My throat is still hurting every time I cough and tomorrow I am going to have to drink more green tea. If it doesn't get better after I get off the antibiotics, I go back to the doctor. This sucks.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Saw this and thought of Duce.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Kinda sick of certain people on FB who constantly boast about their gym visits, marathon runs and 6am spinning classes. It's not good for my mental health to see that sh*t. Gonna start employing the unfollow option and plan to post my thoughts later. This will be a blood bath no doubt, because I don't intend to be nice about their pathetic attempts to be 'interesting', but sod 'em. I want friends who aren't afraid to have cake, and who are content to take care of their health for themselves and not just to look good on social media. I want friends with depth, and yeah, girth too if thats how the gods made them.. not a bunch of vain, cadaverous and vacuous gits...

I might not say that last bit though...
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            Kinda sick of certain people on FB who constantly boast about their gym visits, marathon runs and 6am spinning classes. It's not good for my mental health to see that sh*t. Gonna start employing the unfollow option and plan to post my thoughts later. This will be a blood bath no doubt, because I don't intend to be nice about their pathetic attempts to be 'interesting', but sod 'em. I want friends who aren't afraid to have cake, and who are content to take care of their health for themselves and not just to look good on social media. I want friends with depth, and yeah, girth too if thats how the gods made them.. not a bunch of vain, cadaverous and vacuous gits...

I might not say that last bit though...
                            Hopefully I'm not one of em Jem, I used to be pretty bad lol. But it really helped me stay motivated to post pics etc.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm frustrated with how difficult it is to play Street Fighter x Tekken . . . I just wanna go play Tekken {or, hxll, even Soul Calibur} rather than this - but everything's in boxes cos we're moving soon, so Mario Kart it is! ><

Comment

I don't know why but something weird happened today. Both Jeo (my co-worker) and I were standing in front of the aisle with the duct tape, just...smelling it. For some really odd reason it all smelled like warmed chocolate. I almost wanted to bite it, it was so yummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X