X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    Back from Newfoundland, home for a while.

Welcome home, Doc!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
      Back from Newfoundland, home for a while.
      Welcome home, buddy!
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
        Welcome home, Doc!
        Originally posted by Gleb View Post
        Welcome home, buddy!
        Thanks guys
        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
        sigpic
        In Days of yore,
        From Britain's shore
        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
        And planted firm Britannia's flag
        On Canada's fair domain.
        Here may it wave,
        Our boast, our pride
        And joined in love together,
        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Hmm. Apparently, I'm a bit ornery, today. Or... more than usual, anyway.

I need to go play somewhere else.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

YAY!

Went to the SPCA's thrift store, spent $100 and got:

2 bikinis and a swimsuit coverup, 3 pair of shorts, and a dress for Chickadee
            5 t-shirts, one button down, 4 pair of shorts, and 3 swim trunks for Sharkbait
            4 pair of short and 1 pair of work pants for Hubby
            1 shirt, and an antique mirror for me
            A mini face steamer
            7 books (3 kids books, 4 grown-up hardcovers)
            a breadmaker
            a really nice tote bag for the farmers market
            a pottery pitcher
            fiestaware bowl in the same color as my set
            a kiddie tarot set

ETA:

Just went to see if the website I got my laptop screen from before has the screen in stock (it does now, but didn't last month or whenever it was that the backlight died), and realized, HEY...laptop I bought is still under the 3 year warranty!!! So, I put in a trouble ticket....maybe I'll *not* be out the $72 bucks for a new screen + tax and shipping!!
            Last edited by thalassa; 11 Apr 2014, 17:48.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Hard night last night, so I made homemade granola bars, another loaf of bread, baked potatoes and chicken.

Comment

I'm thinking I'm going to end up back in the hospital again.... My freaking brain just won't let me be... If I disappear for a whole tho, that's where I'll be.... ... ...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My craft show is tomorrow.....wish me luck. Hopefully this wasn't a complete waste of time, energy, and money and I actually manage to sell stuff >_<
                  Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                  Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    Hard night last night, so I made homemade granola bars, another loaf of bread, baked potatoes and chicken.
                    I'm thinking that 'granola' is the strangest word.

We call it 'muesli'.

Comment

Suddenly, my thoughts are all over the place.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      YAY!

A mini face steamer
                      a breadmaker
                      a pottery pitcher
                      a kiddie tarot set
                      You need to teach me this! Thrift is not my forte. At all.

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                      I am endlessly awestruck. You truly are a goddess of the kitchen, aren't you? How close do we live to each other, again??

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                      I'm thinking I'm going to end up back in the hospital again.... My freaking brain just won't let me be... If I disappear for a whole tho, that's where I'll be.... ... ...
                      Dammit, Maria. You take care of yourself, honey! Don't MAKE me come over there!

And seriously, if you need to talk, need a shoulder, or just an ear to bend, drop me a pm... email, text message, whatever. Anything.

Eh, phone calls don't work too well for me, though.

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                      My craft show is tomorrow.....wish me luck. Hopefully this wasn't a complete waste of time, energy, and money and I actually manage to sell stuff >_<
                      I SO wish I could go to it! Good luck Yorin!!

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

We call it 'muesli'.
                      Moose what? What's wrong with 'granola'? Like xerox or kleenex, it's a trademark that turned into a generic term for a kind of [breakfast?] food.

'Kumquat' is the strangest word. Or, wait. Maybe that was on the "funniest" list. I forget.

Just like I forgot what it was that I popped in here to say I was thinking about. Fart in the wind, I guess.

Comment

YAY!

A mini face steamer
                        a breadmaker
                        a pottery pitcher
                        a kiddie tarot set

ETA:

Just went to see if the website I got my laptop screen from before has the screen in stock (it does now, but didn't last month or whenever it was that the backlight died), and realized, HEY...laptop I bought is still under the 3 year warranty!!! So, I put in a trouble ticket....maybe I'll *not* be out the $72 bucks for a new screen + tax and shipping!!
                        That's awesome, Thal. I'm super frugal in some areas (and a horrible spendthrift in others). We are moving today, and we don't actually have any bath towels of our own, so I suggested going to the thrift store for them, but the bf is terribly against it. Same as yesterday, we ran out of boxes, but Tim wanted to go BUY rubbermaid buckets instead of stealing cardboard boxes from my work (free). Seriously. I just don't understand paying money for some things.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

We call it 'muesli'.
                        Granola and muesli are different things, here. Granola is oats and nuts and seeds and dried fruits and whatever else, coated in a sugar (be it sugar, honey, maple syrup etc) and BAKED in the oven until stuff clumps together. Muesli is all the same stuff, minus the sugary bit, and left raw.

Same ingredients, different finishing method. I like granola better than muesli.

Mostly art.

Comment

"we ran out of boxes, but Tim wanted to go BUY rubbermaid buckets instead of stealing cardboard boxes from my work (free)."

Actually those things are great if you get the good ones,I ended up getting a couple on my last move. Besides being used to store stuff,they are also good as kind of a makeshift table. stack some up and get a nice piece of wood for the table top.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm heading to my massage appointment. Ye Gods, I can't wait. I need it so bad.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                              That's awesome, Thal. I'm super frugal in some areas (and a horrible spendthrift in others). We are moving today, and we don't actually have any bath towels of our own, so I suggested going to the thrift store for them, but the bf is terribly against it. Same as yesterday, we ran out of boxes, but Tim wanted to go BUY rubbermaid buckets instead of stealing cardboard boxes from my work (free). Seriously. I just don't understand paying money for some things.
                              Lol, here you want the rubbermaid, if its going to be to store anything that you like (hurricanes and flooding) but heck yeah cardboard for moving!

Plus, you can make a fort out of it later. Or turn it into fire starters and kindling. Or both--fort first.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Plus, you can make a fort out of it later. Or turn it into fire starters and kindling. Or both--fort first.
                                Hehe. This reminds me of something that happened at my dad's work some years ago. He's a welder. One of his coworkers built a fort to sleep in out of boxes. He hid in there during lunch. They all lit it on fire one day. While he was in it. As a prank. I don't get it, but even the guy in it thought it was funny. Prolly cause he escaped with only minor burns. No worse they he gets on a daily basis welding but still... They all thought it was a hilarious prank.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X