This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Lets see here.. I'm thinking about how happy I am to be back home and relaxing. I have my pets around me, my boyfriend as treated me to wonderful things today, and generally I'm content. After being upset yesterday at work? It was much needed.

Comment

Supposed to have a vacation day today. I've already been on the phone 6 times with colleagues, texted several times and emailed three times. And that's WITH my work phone in silent mode, face side down and on the other end of the house. They reached me on my personal cell. Seriously?
      I mean it's nice to feel needed but I'm either not doing my job right by failing to make my team feel like they can make decisions without me for a day or two or they have no sense of personal boundaries. Maybe I'm just an enabler by actually responding.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

They have no sense of personal boundaries. I feel your pain.

Comment

Yeah, Juni, I'm with Rok.

It's not you.

That said, you CAN avoid people that call/text/knock on your door. There's no law that says you are required to answer a phone call. That's what "on call" is for. Vacations are time off and away. Of course, I've been known to be kinda [extremely?] rude to others, on occasion [every few minutes?], so there *is* that.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

When I was interrupted on vacation I made sure that 1) I mentioned it on the call - there was usually an announcement and little excuse for a personal call and 2) that I bitched about it after the fact. I usually had my "vacation" day returned to me, so I at least didn't lose anything from it.

Comment

I'm thinking of moving out.... I can't take this anymore, though I don't think I can afford an apartment alone....
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

When the first, primitive answering machines came out, (long before cell phones), I quickly figured out how to turn off the ringer on my phone, and turn the volume on the machine all the way down, so that if someone called, all that'd happen was a blinking light. I did occasionally call in to work back then, on days off, to see if a certain order had come in, or whatever, but it was only if major bucks rode on it.
                To this day I keep the ringer off on my bedroom phone, and silence my cell before bed or before an important horse race.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Found out some interesting things about the "mystery" side of my family heritage today. Lots of food for thought.

Comment

I'm thinking about bed. My comfy, awesome bed in which will have a cat that thinks my face is therefore his bed and nearly be suffocated. But it's alright. It's still bed and snuggles! Yay!

Comment

Ljubezen, if you see this, how do you pronounce that? It's bugging me... (plz don't start another debate, plz, plz, plz )

I'm thinking about going to Adventureland (local amusement park) this Sunday. Pretty excited.
                      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I don't even know how to pronounce half the names here. We should have a thread just on that!
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Why are tortillas so delicious???
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                            Why are tortillas so delicious???
                            Because we're hard coded to crave fats and carbohydrates.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

It's time for a bit of internal reflection on a lot of different things again. I try to do it once a week so I don't overload myself, but this is starting to happen more and more frequently. Time to journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                                Ljubezen, if you see this, how do you pronounce that? It's bugging me... (plz don't start another debate, plz, plz, plz )

I'm thinking about going to Adventureland (local amusement park) this Sunday. Pretty excited.

Lol. lyoo-beh-zehn.

It translates to "love."

Comment

Working...
                                X