X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I haz tinkered with ze forum...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      Practices and techniques along with its new child board?
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Practices and techniques along with its new child board?

to start with...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(laughs maniacally)

won't be able to finish today though, actually need to get *some* work done!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Was there a Wiccan board I spied or was it always there?
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            Was there a Wiccan board I spied or was it always there?
            Nope, that be new too.
            sigpic

Comment

Nope, that be new too.
              Yeah! I notice things!

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

How I stomped that days worth of work!! Ha I win!!!
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm thinking I need to get out if bed earlier. This is not a good habit.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

wondering why VNC has full root access when the SSH connection it's using is logged in as a standard user...

I'm confused

- - - Updated - - -

and the apparent answer is that I'm a moron
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm thinking about the fact that I'm dying my hair again and what this must mean psychologically as it's the second time in a few weeks...

Comment

A certain RokNRol has inspired me to begin taking steps to reduce my internet paper trail. I have some off nightmares about people on the internet finding ways to do harm to me with my info, seriously they occur.
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                          I'm thinking about the fact that I'm dying my hair again and what this must mean psychologically as it's the second time in a few weeks...
                          What colour? Pics!!! My hair needs doing deeeesperately. So much regrowth

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                            You're obviously subject to multiple personality disorder.

Relax. You'll get used to it, sooner or later, or you'll end up in an institution.

Both have something to recommend for themselve.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Went to the dentist yesterday. Only needed a filling. Thank goodness. I was afraid that hole in my tooth was gonna need a root canal (hence the question the in Q & A Funtimes). And it feels sooo much better. I can chew normally again. Yay.
                              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Who are these people that go to Chinese restaurants and order the burger or the nachos. Wha... Why? I could understand somewhat that if it was some sort of chop suey or sweet and sour burger... but it's just a burger. Maybe they buy it so that they can scoop some kung pao chicken onto it?

The only situations I can imagine that someone would order just a burger is that they walk in the door and decide that they are not in the mood for Chinese and just can't be bothered to go somewhere else, or maybe they are just really hungry for burgers but wanted to see tacky paper dragons and get a free fortune cookie.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X