• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

coffee + bacon + forum perusing = win

Comment

Today I bought 2 thermo-cups. One for myself and one for my father's B-day. But the B-day isn't soon. They seem to do a nice work.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I wonder if I'm really as pretentious as I think or as depressing as people say
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          I wonder if I'm really as pretentious as I think or as depressing as people say

Truth? Somewhere in the middle.

I run into a similar pondering and have to keep reminding myself that I'm most definitely my worst critic and that most other people tend to exaggerate their observations of my personality. Then it's either stop wondering about it or assume that there's a middle ground and try to dig up evidence of it. I'm sure it's obvious, I go for the digging.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            Truth? Somewhere in the middle.

I run into a similar pondering and have to keep reminding myself that I'm most definitely my worst critic and that most other people tend to exaggerate their observations of my personality. Then it's either stop wondering about it or assume that there's a middle ground and try to dig up evidence of it. I'm sure it's obvious, I go for the digging.
            That's a nice way to think about it. I don't mind being seen as depressing (so long as people stop telling me to smile). I don't want to come off as pretentious though, or as a fluffy bunny (or whatever similar) when I input my opinion/my 2.5 cents. Because it's not like anyone will tell you if you're doing crap like that. I used to be really bad but I got older. I'm still a teenager and subject to that type of mentality. I want to be reasonable and taken seriously. Maybe I'm too self-conscious. Though, it's debatable that considering my actions would mean I'm not like I used to be...
            Urgh I should stop.
            Circe

Comment

This is me speaking as a person, not an admin.
              I get that we are a forum that welcomes people from all walks of faith. I like that the most about this place. But seriously, what's with all the weird twisted Christian topics lately?! Why is there so much nitpicking and looking for fucked up things in the text that, IMO, isn't there or doesn't mean what people think it means?
              Stop it. Just... Stop!

End thought.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I don't mind discussing christian stuff,but I do have concerns when some of the topics seem proselytizing.
                This hasn't been a large issue,but a few posts(I think ya know the ones I mean) seem to be pushing an agenda,and not a coherent agenda a lot of the time.
                To our Christian members,I like discussing the different aspects of Abrahamic faiths,it is an interesting topic,and well worth the time to discuss as long as things stay civil.
                Proselytizing is not discussing,it feels badgering.

I love the fact that we have a very diverse group,and that we can express our beliefs in a civil manner.

Just felt I should say I love the people here,and the open and honest debate(sometimes debate is not always kept in line)(Thanks Mask for keeping the peace so well).

Ok,Over and out....
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Popcorn. Definitely popcorn.

Comment

Fire and Sword.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      Fire and Sword.
                      I was going to say Duct tape, plastic tarp, and shovel...but this works too.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm occasionally a fan of the classics.

Plus, with enough fire, the evidence is minimal.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thinking about which chat I'd rather hang out in. Our Chat or TinyChat.

(I'm in both, atm)
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            Thinking about which chat I'd rather hang out in. Our Chat or TinyChat.

(I'm in both, atm)
                            I'm in tinychat
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

I am thinking that I have to clean my home, and hope to get that done with enough time to cleanse and bless it as well.
                              A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' limited in time and space. He experiences himself...as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us... Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the of whole nature in its beauty...
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Also, I'm thinking about how concerned I was for my puppy earlier. (She's not a puppy, she's 12 years-ish old, but she'll always be my puppy). She was limping and favored her left hind leg for some reason. I checked and didn't see anything wrong, so I took her to the vet. By the time the doctor came in, she appeared to be normal and the doctor couldn't find anything either. We're guessing it could have been arthritis from old age or something. Rain was hippity-hoping around like nothing was wrong. I'm glad for that, but also kinda paranoid now. Keeping an eye on it and if it gets worse again, I can get some paid meds from the vet's office. Fortunately, they're also a 24hr animal hospital so I can get it any time.
                                Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                                X