This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

The video the cops cut the part out of where he paid for the cigars?
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Its a targeted character assassination.

And no, the "freedom to loot" isn't. But you're conflating people together. You can go find plenty of pictures of the Ferugson Protestors organizing to protect the stores in their neighborhood from the looters. They're not the same people. Some people are taking advantage of the situation. Just because some people suck doesn't mean other people shouldn't stop campaigning to end tyranny over their lives and make their lives better in the end.

These things so often get forgotten. Protesting is the only way to keep it in the public eye so it isn't.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
      Yeah, I think that's ridiculous. They're all crying about this kid being an innocent victim. But so are these business owners who are being robbed and having their property damaged. As the saying goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Also, I'm a little curious about them talking about having video of this kid robbing a convenience store before the officer stopped him. Maybe he wasn't such an angel as his family and friends have made him out to be. That of course doesn't justify him being killed. However, to me personally, that does cause me to really wonder about the kid's character and how he really acted when he was stopped. If he did just commit a robbery, he may have very well acted in an aggressive, threatening manner towards the officer, thinking the officer was stopping him because of the crime he had just committed.
      and Mike Brown did not rob the store. the store owners AND several witnesses have proved that he did not rob the store. the store security camera proves he didn't rob it. and besides, the cop who shot him didn't even know the store had been robbed when he pulled the trigger. that story was made up by the cop later as an excuse, he's just trying to escape justice. Mike Brown is innocent

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        The video the cops cut the part out of where he paid for the cigars?
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Its a targeted character assassination.

And no, the "freedom to loot" isn't. But you're conflating people together. You can go find plenty of pictures of the Ferugson Protestors organizing to protect the stores in their neighborhood from the looters. They're not the same people. Some people are taking advantage of the situation. Just because some people suck doesn't mean other people shouldn't stop campaigning to end tyranny over their lives and make their lives better in the end.

These things so often get forgotten. Protesting is the only way to keep it in the public eye so it isn't.
        I'm not confusing. There are both kinds of people there. I said earlier somewhere you get shot for being black there. I think getting shot 6 times by one police officer with 2 to the head is a tad over excessive if you ask me.
        I personally have no kept up on it because it's a mess. Just like all the other messes. And I ain't got time for someone else's mess at the moment. I hope it gets resolved. It's always bloody before it resolves. The way the world rolls at the moment.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm going to miss Rok
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidia View Post
            I'm going to miss Rok
            What did I miss???? What's happened to Rok?

Comment

I'm going to miss Rok
              wait what?!?!? What happened 0_0?

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
                What did I miss???? What's happened to Rok?
                Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                wait what?!?!? What happened 0_0?
                Check Rok's recent posts. Both of you have sufficient access to see what she's talking about and want anything related to the specific thread in a public section.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Oh... I see.... Thank you MO..... That is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                    I'm not taking sides over this whole Ferguson, Missouri situation, but I am curious about the protestors. Don't any of those people have jobs they need to be at? I'm mean seriously, there seems to be 24-7 protests going on.

It sucks that someone died, but this isn't the first time something like this has happened (and it won't be the last). It just seems like people are going a little psychotic over it.

I'm glad I don't live anywhere near the area. I'd be afraid to leave my house with the way so many people are acting nuts right now.
                    I often ask myself this same question. Maybe only unemployed people protest? :-) It's a sad event, for sure but many sad events occur in every city everywhere and every day. Unfortunately the press decides what is news and competing media outlets have to also cover the story to maintain their ratings and income... and so we end up with these situations. Maybe society should legislate for a maximum amount of news coverage for a particular story. TV and radio can only have so many minutes. Newspapers and website can only post so many pictures and words. :-)

If looting occurs and the media has exceeded their maximums then charge the tv, radio, newspapers and internet news sites an appropriate fee for rebuilding the affected areas.

Would this violate free speech by the media? And where should the line be drawn?
                    Does the media currently 'cause' crime to occur because of their weeks of news coverage on stories like this? What responsibility does the press have to keeping its own society calm? Was the press of the late 1700s the irresponsible press we find in 2014? When the founding fathers considered 'freedom of the press' they weren't aware of television, internet, and smart phones that could alert millions of people instantaneously about news around the globe.

I understand the press is not responsible for the original incident in Ferguson, but they are without a doubt feeding the emotions of people who probably need little reason to raise hell and riot anyway. :-)

Comment

One 'protester' robbed a news crew of their laptop. On.The.Air.

So. There's that.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        One 'protester' robbed a news crew of their laptop. On.The.Air.

So. There's that.
                        !@#$ that camera was rolling?!
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I'm thinking that 700 miles SUCKS
                          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I'm going to miss Rok
                            Hopefully things all work out and he gets back here soon.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Check Rok's recent posts. Both of you have sufficient access to see what she's talking about and want anything related to the specific thread in a public section.
                              Yeah, I found the post only a few minutes after writing what I did.

Comment

I've been offered a full-time art position at the Jr. High.

In one way, this would be great - less work than English, and... It's art!

But, on the other hand, I don't do change well... and changing schools & grade level is a major change...

Well, I'll call the Jr. Principle tomorrow and see if he can talk me into it...

I'm conflicted.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X