hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hobbies

Martial Arts (Japanese-Okinawan Karate, Jujutsu (Japanese, not Brazilian), Escrima, Baguazhang, Muay Thai), studying obscure magical and philosophical paths, writing, this and another forum I regular, playing guitar and singin' songs, progressive calisthenics (in the beginning stages), making stuff with various stuff when I get inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by PsykhikosAnarchosNautikos View Post
      Martial Arts (Japanese-Okinawan Karate, Jujutsu (Japanese, not Brazilian), Escrima, Baguazhang, Muay Thai), studying obscure magical and philosophical paths, writing, this and another forum I regular, playing guitar and singin' songs, progressive calisthenics (in the beginning stages), making stuff with various stuff when I get inspiration.

You can do Muay Thai? I saw a match when I was in Thailand and it was insane.

Mostly art.

Comment

I've never competed but I took about three months worth of lessons from a full contact fighter my father knew. I use it with Karate (my main style) whenever I train. Good close range fighting.

Yeah, those guys are crazy. The one technique that will do anybody wonders (if they learn it right) is that roundhouse kick to the thighs- it doesn't look like too much when those little bastards are kicking each other or MMA guys use it, but when unleashed on most people, even bigger ones that exercise, that kick destroys thighs- you can't fight without your wheels!

Comment

Drawing (badly)
          3D/digital art
          Writing
          Gaming
          Photography (noobishly)
          Reading (various topics)
          There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
          William Wordsworth

Comment

Motorcylces, Rock N' Roll, Knife training, Knife collecting, Lots of motorcycles, studying norse mythology, strengthening myself mentally.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Studying & researching - anything and everything. Favourite topics at the moment: Psychology - especially mental illness, pagan spirituality, Tarot
              Reading - Victorian novels, fantasy, historical fiction, sci-fi, moderately scientific non-fiction
              Gaming - generally RPGs
              Singing lessons
              Finding new music (new bands and artists as well as exploring different genres) & downloading
              Spending time with my incredibly energetic and needy Jack Russell terrier ( walks on the beach 3 times a week), and my equally attached cats
              Dungeons & Dragons
              Trying to get into writing and drawing again, slow process after many years of neglect.
              Experimenting with make-up techniques and fashion design
              Used to do yoga, but struggling to get into it again.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemisia View Post
                Studying & researching - anything and everything. Favourite topics at the moment: Psychology - especially mental illness, pagan spirituality, Tarot
                Reading - Victorian novels, fantasy, historical fiction, sci-fi, moderately scientific non-fiction
                Gaming - generally RPGs
                Singing lessons
                Finding new music (new bands and artists as well as exploring different genres) & downloading
                Spending time with my incredibly energetic and needy Jack Russell terrier ( walks on the beach 3 times a week), and my equally attached cats
                Dungeons & Dragons
                Trying to get into writing and drawing again, slow process after many years of neglect.
                Experimenting with make-up techniques and fashion design
                Used to do yoga, but struggling to get into it again.
                You sound awesome
                There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
                William Wordsworth

Comment

Thank you
                  sigpic

Comment

Doing crafts, singing, cooking, writing, gaming, and learning.

Comment

playing the guitar, listening to music, meditating, walking in nature,

Comment

living life, gardening, hiking/walking, kayaking, camping, fishing, guitar, painting/drawing, so much to do and so little time!

- - - Updated - - -

I love drawing portraits and am learning classical oil painting techniques. I love bringing forth a person's or animal's spirit through art.

Comment

Well i do not have much free time but I own 2 ponies, a mini Shetland and an Irish Cob who is only a baby, we have 2 dogs, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a golden retreiver who is built like a dam bull!!! I like to spend a lot of time in the forest and at tmy fiances families lake house which is surrounded by forest too ( lucky me) but my kids do take up alot of both our time.........
                          http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

I'm finally getting time to get back into my hobbies now I have finished my training:

-Reading and absorbing information. I'm a sponge of information, and have to maintain a good amount of constant academic study for my training.
                            -Cooking ( am looking at raw food cookery at the moment, my main ambition is to start making both vegan and meat strips)
                            -Gardening
                            -Exploring, I just love going for walks and investigating places
                            -Sitting in/under trees.
                            -Table top roleplay, mainly older games like Earthdawn, old WhiteWolf games, 3rd ed DnD, D6 Starwars by Westend Games.
                            -LRP, Yes I am a Lrper and proud of it, mainly play in the larger UK systems.
                            -Singing, I blame being a father on this... I sing, badly but my baby daughter finds it calming
                            -Sci-Fi and fantasy books/films/tv.
                            -Loving my wife.

Having a tiny baby and working kinda takes up most my time though.

Comment

I've got a wish list of hobbies I look forward to taking up when I finally master Japanese and actually have my life back. From talking to others who self-taught to near-fluency, it seems I'm looking at another 1-2 years, assuming I can keep up my current level of commitment and submersion (sigh), which sucks because I'm torn between being sick of having no life outside of this freakin' hobby, and my determination to reach fluency.

Anyway, number one on my list is to take up horse riding again. Definitely. I don't know if I could commit to having my own horse, but it was my childhood dream, so I will at least consider it.

I would love to take up judo again, or another martial art. I don't want to take it too seriously, but just keep my ageing body active and supple.

Maybe not a hobby, but if we ever have the space, I think I'd like to start a coven again, or join an existing coven looking for a space to meet. I've already got the space for small gatherings, but a larger one would only fit in our bedroom, which is fine now, as we have a futon that can store under the stairs, but we plan to get a bed in the next year or so: definitely before I reach my language goal.

What else? You know, I just don't read anymore. I miss the escape of a good book, but it just takes up valuable study time. So I'll definitely read more. Oh and I've met a few roleplayers both through the pagan and the Japanese learning worlds, so as it's a common theme, I should really check out what all the fuss is about. Maybe I'll find a whole new world to explore.

Finally.. I'll have the time, once and for all, to study yu-gi-oh!
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I really badly want to get into fashioning Norse items from historical paintings/documentation.

Whether it be a drinking cup, bowl, spoon, shield. I like wood working so I'd probably stick to that area of things.
                                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                                sigpic
                                In Days of yore,
                                From Britain's shore
                                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                                On Canada's fair domain.
                                Here may it wave,
                                Our boast, our pride
                                And joined in love together,
                                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                                The Maple Leaf Forever.